Author Topic: 05 neon deosnt run?  (Read 1352 times)

NovaDK13

05 neon deosnt run?
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »
Didnt get into too far since I got home late but, my girlfriends car doesnt stay running. It starts runs for about 5 seconds then dies? I got it running for a bit on ether until I ran out so I was thinking fuel pump, turned the radio and blower down and can hear it (sounds as loud as my silverado when first turning on) So I pulled the fuel line and its coming out good for the few seconds I had it on(didnt want to run too long blasting gas everywhere) So where do I check the fuel pressure and what psi am I suppose to get? and if thats good what can other possibilities can it be? Also its not throwing up any codes.

Thanks for any ideas.

NovaDK13

Re: 05 neon deosnt run?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
nevermind she took it in, we'll see what it turns out to be.

Kozy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:21:21 PM »
Sounds like it could be a clogged fuel filter or a failing fuel pump.

I supercharged my car by turning the A/C off

NovaDK13

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
Ok got it back today ANNNNND it didnt start for me or the techs because the spare key wasn't chipped  :lol: The reason for what she said "felt like something was holding it back" was the back brake locked up somehow? You would think she would have heard the break screeching the way back home and said something? So the car ran fine once she brought the guys the real key and drove it 5 feet and realized the breaks were locked. If only I had to right key to begin with I would have just done the brakes myself, here it seamed like a bigger problem than it was  ::) Oh well she at least she doesnt go 10k over the change oil sticker anymore  ;D