Author Topic: Southwest AR Meet [UT, AZ, NV, NM, SOCAL]  (Read 11977 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Southwest AR Meet [UT, AZ, NV, NM, SOCAL]
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
Anyone interested in planning something for fall? Arizona is centric to all locations, but I'm not opposed to travel; my only concern is areas where there might be snow, so I'm definitely looking to keep this out of higher altitudes.

Ideally, it would be a weekend cluster, so you'd want Friday, Saturday and Sunday off - that's to allot for travel time with a full day of horsing around. If we can all decide on a location, we can check hotels in the area - or if someone wants to offer up a house, that's cool too, but it depends on the amount of projected people.

The podium is open to ideas.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Darcsun

Re: Southwest AR Meet [UT, AZ, NV, NM, SOCAL]
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »
Better yet... everyone swing by my place and wrench on my car for me. 
MBA, CFP, CRPC

Yea... also CEO and CCO, but you can buy those ones.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 03:52:21 AM »
I'm pretty certain you're on the absolute opposite side of Phoenix from me, or I'd have seen you on the 101 by now. I usually drive the loop between 2-4 AM when I'm bored and need to check out for a while. 17-101-10-101 and back again.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Darcsun

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »
I'm not on the opposite side of anywhere... I actually live downtown.  I know where you roughly live, but I don't really have a reason to go that way often.  Was actually thinking of heading to 35th ave tonite, but I might be stuck doing a project.
MBA, CFP, CRPC

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »
Downtown is pretty fucking far. I'm 10 miles or so south of Anthem. I also have no idea where 35th Avenue is.

I also don't know where the mall is, either, which sucks, because I need a fucking watch battery and Wal-Mart doesn't have the one I need.

Darcsun

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 06:48:36 PM »
Yea, I know that area.  You're kinda screwed where you're at.  I'm actually not that far, maybe 20 minutes from there...  Take the I17 down to the I10 then the first exit at 7th Ave.  The local meet up at 35th ave for racing on Saturdays.  Not to bad of a haul for you.  If you want to go quite a bit further, Loop 101 and Indian Bend in Scottsdale has car shows every saturday as well.  It's the biggest regular event for cars out here.
MBA, CFP, CRPC

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
OH. The one on Indian Bend I've gone to. Fuck, I'm there pretty frequently with the Audi people since my roommate has an S4.

Now I see. 7th is very close to me, herpderp. I don't do racing, though, unfortunately; I do still anticipate a career in law enforcement some day. :roll:

Darcsun

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »
Don't race either.  Haven't had a car since the kiddo was born.  Might get back into wrenching on it, but I'm not a fan of the local mustang scene, so no help there.
MBA, CFP, CRPC

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 09:56:11 PM »
My roommate just sold his. I'm not sure who he sold it to, but I know the guy bought it to spite someone else. This place has serious dramaz if you look at the local boards.

You still have the Caddy, right? That's pretty sweet to like, have, doesn't have to be a rod.

Darcsun

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 02:05:27 AM »
Yea... the people on the local boards are pretty 'interesting'.  Yea, still got the caddy.  Just a clean cruiser, nothing special.
MBA, CFP, CRPC

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
Bump.

Getting warmer out, sort of. AR Grand Canyon trip this spring/summer? Who IS here in AZ? Darc, myself, Mai, UberWasser, Gael, quantum. Is that it?

Inabj2

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »
Bump.

Getting warmer out, sort of. AR Grand Canyon trip this spring/summer? Who IS here in AZ? Darc, myself, Mai, UberWasser, Gael, quantum. Is that it?

Yep thats it!

:'(  :lol:

Darcsun

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
When it gets hot out in the summer... It would be a good time to escape to the high country.  There are a few places I can think of that are only an hour or two ourside of Phx and much more comfortable to hang out at during the summer.
MBA, CFP, CRPC

Inabj2

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
I say Sedona or Prescott would be good places, as they have E85.
 :mrgreen:

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »
Sorry, I spaced out. :lol:

I don't know about Prescott. The last time I went up there I was looking down at a very far-spanning fall of trees from an angle that my body should not have been in while riding in a car. The Camaro is significantly less nimble than the previously mentioned vehicle.

Sedona would be nice. I've been there several times - the Javelina Cantina is probably one of my favourite places to eat.

Inabj2

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »
I only suggested those places because of the gas issue for me.   Unless of course you kindly allow me to be balancing ballast to your car again.     :mrgreen: 

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 02:34:54 AM »
Oh, of course! It was decent to have someone to play the alphabet game with, for fucking once. :lol: I'm so used to going, YEAH, Q, FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAVOURITE VEGETABLE! alone. :lol:

Inabj2

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 03:35:00 AM »
Oh, of course! It was decent to have someone to play the alphabet game with, for fucking once. :lol: I'm so used to going, YEAH, Q, FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAVOURITE VEGETABLE! alone. :lol:

That Q was a sneaky son of a bitch but I was DETERMINED to find it   :lol:  :lol:

Scuba

• My Website
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »
Bump.

If someone doesnt mind a tall skinny jew crashing on their couch I doubt plane tickets from Seattle to AZ are expensive, plus it would be an excuse to GTFO for a bit...

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
Then can we get married

Inabj2

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 04:36:49 AM »
That was a sober Venom post ^ she is just finally speaking her true feelings.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
Except, it's an inside joke going back to Christmas.

Scuba

• My Website
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
Then can we get married
I'm in.  But you'll have to move to Seattle with me for at least a few years until I get licensed... Then we can go anywhere. :*

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »
Move? Uhrrrrrr, no. We can go long distance. I'll just only date girls 'til you get back. Cool?

Scuba

• My Website
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
Move? Uhrrrrrr, no. We can go long distance. I'll just only date girls 'til you get back. Cool?
Im in.