Author Topic: [Video Game] Rage  (Read 1166 times)

Darcsun

[Video Game] Rage
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »
Rage is the beginning of a next generation game.  Seriously, itís what youíll expect when the next generation of consoles comes out.  And itís just the beginning of one of those games.  Rage showcases all youíll see in the first 15 hours of these next generation games.  And thatís the problem; it only shows the first 15 hours of what should easily be an 80-100 game.  Considering Bethesda had a large hand in making this game, one would expect elements from Fallout to make it in to this game.  The size should easily have been around the size of Boarderlands  (which I still play, actually).  All in all, this game hits a homerun in the first inning.  And thatís it. Itís an amazing game that just stopped at the beginning.  The game play is completely linear, and the levels simply repeat in reverse.  The side quests donít do anything for the game, though youíd drop the play time to about 10 hours if you ignore them.

I easily would give this game a 9/10Ö but only if you buy it for $25.  If you pay full price, it goes down to a 7/10.  Even with the Ďfreeí DLC, the game is only worth $25.  It reminds me a lot of GT prologue.  In five years, the full game is going to rock.  Iíd still play this one, however.  I have a feeling that Rage 2, on a next gen console, will be a huge success.   

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: [Video Game] Rage
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:17 AM »
FYI, Bethesda is only the publisher.

I was really excited for this game but the reviews have been less than stellar.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:01:40 AM by Kalgorn »

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »
Apparently the PC version was a half-finished mess that's nearly unplayable, and still cost $60.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Apparently the PC version was a half-finished mess that's nearly unplayable, and still cost $60.

I believe it's been fixed; however, you're not wrong. Here's a pretty good example of issues at the release.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS