Author Topic: [Movie] The Kingdom  (Read 845 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
[Movie] The Kingdom
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »
It's been a long time since I cried during a movie, but this one had me going for pretty much the last ten minutes of it.

"After a terrorist attack to an American housing compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where families and the spy Francis Manner are murdered, FBI agent Ronald Fleury blackmails the South Arabian consul to get five days of investigation in the location. He travels with agent Grant Sykes, Janet Mayes and Adam Leavitt to revenge their friend and try to find the responsible for the bombing. The agents find all sorts of difficulties in their investigation, but they are supported by Colonel Faris Al Ghazi that advises the team how to act in a hostile environment."

The movie shows a relationship between Al Ghazi and the FBI, but more importantly he and Fleury (Foxx's character, who surprisingly was very well played). How each man is very different, but similar in their drive to protect their families, homes, and countries. As the movie progresses they begin to come to an understanding, and it progresses from there. 

Of course the movie is about terrorism and the horror of war, but if that's all you want to take away from it, you may not like it. The movie, to me, was more. I can't articulate it, but I can feel it.

10/10

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: [Movie] The Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »
Yup -- this is a good one that seems like it got overlooked a few years ago.  I'm not a big Jennifer Garner fan but she was very convincing in this movie.