Author Topic: Still WTB: DSLR, if anyone HERE has one for sale  (Read 3012 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Still WTB: DSLR, if anyone HERE has one for sale
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:59:16 AM »
Apparently someone misunderstood my other thread... I've taken the camera advice, but I posted a "WTB" ad HERE to see if anyone HERE has one for sale. I don't know what justified that thread being locked, just because I didn't respond to advice given prior? That advice has nothing to do with whether or not anyone on this site has one for sale...

Anyway, I'm looking for a DLSR, a decent camera at least, hoping to spend around $300, would go to $400 if it was worth it, so if anyone here is selling or thinking of selling, please let me know, I am interested.

UberWasser

Re: Still WTB: DSLR, if anyone HERE has one for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »
Because when people asked for more info following your vague post you were all "I dunno :P " when hamp basically spoon fed you everything you need to know. It's not hard to figure out what model or two you are interested in and what the general going rate is. People can't sell you anything if you don't have a clue what you want.

It's akin to making a "WTB: Car" with no idea on what size, type, make, etc. Waste of everyone's time.

With that said, if I think of anyone I know looking to sell I will pass that along :lol:

GMCBrewski

• Once you go twig you never go big
    • Andrew Bruckse Sports Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
It's akin to making a "WTB: Car" with no idea on what size, type, make, etc. Waste of everyone's time.

It's like posting a "WTB:Car" ad in a forum that discusses the middle ages or something... sure, someone there might be selling a car, but you're better off posting it on a proper forum.

That's why everyone is recommending POTN Nick. Figure out which body or two you want that fits your price range and post a WTB ad there or keep an eye on the classifieds. It's the best place as far as gauging market value, so I doubt you would get any better deal here. Besides, only a handful of people here are into photography, and only a couple are pros.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
You also don't specify if you want a lens or not. If you're hesitant to buy from POTN, then get on KEH.com and buy from them. They're the biggest used gear retailer in the world.

http://www.keh.com/Camera/format-Digital/system-Canon-Digital/category-Camera-Outfits?s=1&bcode=DC&ccode=1&cc=79269&r=WG&f

If I were you, I'd pick up that T3+18-55 combo they've got in EX condition. Sweet deal for that combo.

The reason I locked the original thread is because it was vague as hell and won't do you any good in the end. I'll leave this one open, but make sure you know what you're buying PRIOR to buying it.

For example, I could sell you a Canon D60 and 18-55 lens combo for $400. I could tell you it performs great and is in perfect condition. These things may be true, but what you wouldn't know is that the D60 is nine years old and horrendously slow. Re-read the advice I posted in your original camera thread, and buy one of those. 

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
I'm not hesitant. I wanted to cast a line and see if anyone here was selling a camera, to which I'd respond "What type? What lens? What condition? Hey guys is this any good?"

christ why do people always over analyze my fucking threads..

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:05 PM »
I would LOVE to upgrade.
Problem is, I have a pretty sharp lens I don't want to part with yet.

Canon EOS 300D
Body only, with spare battery, 4GB worth of space (2 SD), car charger.
$270 shipped.

Probably too much, but I can't go lower right at the moment.  I know there are better deals, but I am waiting at the moment.

I DO NOT have a lens for it that I am willing to let go.  I only have the sigma, and it is staying with me.

christ why do people always over analyze my fucking threads..
My recommendation.....calm down on this type of post.  It sure didn't seem like an over-analyzation of a thread.  Just that it had basically been asked twice. 
Don't worry about shit on here.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:24:39 PM by Mr. Luos »
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.