Author Topic: One of the few perk's of my job. (Long read.)  (Read 3721 times)

Wertzy

One of the few perk's of my job. (Long read.)
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
So I've been working in our town's local super market now for a good 5 1/2 years on third shift. In that time, I've gone from part-time, to full time assistant manager, then to head night manager. Its not that bad of a place to work...other then during the 1st of the month. But thats a completely different story...

So anyways last Thursday night I was on my break and when I came downstairs, one of the girls who works in the office came up to me and said that there was this kid walking around the store with a back pack on and he's acting suspicious. She saw him walk to the back dairy aisle's carrying 5 DVD's, a magazine, and some rock candy. When he came back from around the back aisle, it was all gone. Great.

So I wait outside the front doors with the kid to see if he tries to pay for anything. Sure enough, he walks right out the front doors. Thats when I stop him. I ask him to show me what he has in his backpack. He says he doesn't want anyone to look through it cause people have stolen stuff from him before. I told him, "I'm the fucking store manager dude, WHY would I want to steal your shit?" I could tell by his body language that he was getting nervous. I ask him about the DVD's, and he says he set them on the shelf. So I take him with me to where he says he put them. Nothing. "Somebody must've picked them up." He says. My ass. This kid is full of shit.

So I take him over to the video store and give him one more chance to let me look in his back. We reserve the right to search all bags entering and leaving the store. He refuses. So I have the girl call the police and let them deal with him.

Now this is where I fucked up. He wants to go outside and "get some air." I've NEVER let anyone I've caught stealing outside...before this time. I am standing right next to him right outside our side doors when I call one of my part timers over to help me. As the kid see's my part timer walking over, he drops the bag and says "fine you can look through it I don't care." No sooner then when I opened his bag and seen all the shit he stole, he bolts. I yell at my guy Chris to chase after him. We both chase him across the parking lot, through a car wash and then he jumped into some bushes. I wasn't about to chase him through there and run the chance of getting stabbed or something. lol

The cops finally show up and I tell them what happened and a description of the kid. One jumps in his car and takes off looking for him. They found him within 5 minutes.

Come to find out, the kid is only 17. He ran home to his mom's house and his mom dragged his ass back to the store with the police right behind them.

He gave me this big sob story over how he's the head of the house now that his dad died and his mom's social security ran out and their food stamps ran out so he didn't know what he was going to do to provide for his family. He offered to pay for it all and I told him tough shit, he had the chance the first time. I don't give second chances.

All in all, after I rang up all the shit in his backpack, he stole a total of $231 of shit. I believe if he stole $300 or more it would've been a felony so he only got a M1 for it.

Long story short: Kid steals shit, tries to run, cops catch him, mom brings him back, he gets an M1 tacked to his record, and I gave him a notice of no trespass. lol
2003 Dodge Dakota 4x4 4.7L V8

-3" Body Lift
-2" Rear Blocks
-2" Torsion Key Lift
-285/75R17 MT's

GooneyBird

Re: One of the few perk's of my job. (Long read.)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:29:33 PM »
You chased him THROUGH a car wash? NICE!
'98 Opel Astra 1.6 16V
'08 Kymco Dink 50

Wertzy

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »
You chased him THROUGH a car wash? NICE!

Well it wasn't on or anything lol. It was one of those self service ones.

-3" Body Lift
-2" Rear Blocks
-2" Torsion Key Lift
-285/75R17 MT's

Kwhit10

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:32:11 PM »
Jeez $231 in a backpack from a supermarket?

It's very gratifying catching idiots in the act and them getting what's due.

Wertzy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »
Jeez $231 in a backpack from a supermarket?

It's very gratifying catching idiots in the act and them getting what's due.

Well we have a small video store attached to our store so he had 6 new release DVD's stuffed in there. That was a good chunk of the bill.

-3" Body Lift
-2" Rear Blocks
-2" Torsion Key Lift
-285/75R17 MT's

Kwhit10

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
Well we have a small video store attached to our store so he had 6 new release DVD's stuffed in there. That was a good chunk of the bill.

So what time was this at if you work 3rd shift?  The video store is open in the middle of the night too?

Wertzy

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
It happened around 11pm. They were just closing up when he snagged them.

-3" Body Lift
-2" Rear Blocks
-2" Torsion Key Lift
-285/75R17 MT's

71Caprice

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
Shot like this makes me sad I'm leaving kroger.
Last week we chased down a cart fucking loaded with Tide detergent.
Something like $400 worth.
2013 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 KTM EXC 400

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO
2013 Scott Voltage FR30

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »
Shot like this makes me sad I'm leaving kroger.
Last week we chased down a cart fucking loaded with Tide detergent.
Something like $400 worth.

Holy shit! Who the hell needs that much Tide?
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »
You have never seen messicans at the laundry mat... have you?

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 08:29:17 PM »
LOL no, I don't go to laundromats. I didn't even think they washed their clothes.

I'm looking at you, Inabj! :P
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

Rammstein4Ever

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
You're lucky he didn't fall and break his leg, and then the store would have gotten sued.... fucked up but true.