Author Topic: [atv] Can Am Outlander 1000  (Read 1229 times)

Southern_Pride

• Whoopie ti yo
[atv] Can Am Outlander 1000
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
Where to start? How about the 1000 cc engine? V twin, great sound, seemingly endless power. All new more stable chassis with a softer ride. Oh yeah did I mention this is a utility quad? First off we will start with the power. Stomp the throttle, and it moves out like a rocket. Not nearly as wheelie happy as you'd think with 82hp on tap, it just hooks and goes pretty much. It feels faster than any sport quad I've ridden. Now when it comes time to turn is where it is a little sketchy. Handling is good, powerslides on command, the bars feel kinda low to me so I tend to wanna push down instead of turning them. Also with the plush ride it tends to have some body roll, the sway bars help, but its not a sport bike. Also with power steering you don't have to put much effort into it. It has 3 modes so you can adjust it on the fly. At times the brakes almost feel overwhelmed, but then again if its not limited this thing is capable of 90 some miles per hour. Under normal situation they are fine but, I'd like a little more, and more than 1 brake handle. The foot brake partially operates the front brakes too which I dislike. The new composite racks are nice as well. Lots of tie down point and pretty tough as well. Overall its a very nice machine. It puts the power down way better than expect and feels like a much lighter machine. Think of a putting a blown hemi in a 70's land barge and you get the idea of the power and ride. It gets good fuel economy due to the fact you are rarely deep into the throttle. At close to 10k dollars the price is kinda steep, but you get alot of performance for it. The good news is the chassis has made it to the smaller outlander models with the v twin, minus the specialty models like the xmr and a 2 seater. I give it a 8/10. Simply due to the fact I have no idea what market a high performance utility quad caters to. Noone goes 80mph to their tree stand, and anyone spending 10k could buy a hell of a beater truck for the farm.

1fastII

• KWEH?!
Re: [atv] Can Am Outlander 1000
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:37 AM »
Someone in my area put a turbo on one of these and, with paddle tires, COULD DRIVE ON FUCKING WATER!

PileDriver

• Drivin' piles
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
Someone in my area put a turbo on one of these and, with paddle tires, COULD DRIVE ON FUCKING WATER!

Haha, that'd be a trip. Need vids of this.  :lol:

Southern_Pride

• Whoopie ti yo
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:42:59 AM »
Seriously? How many rear diffs has he blown?