Author Topic: Help me find a Redline tire  (Read 1721 times)

87Warrior

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Help me find a Redline tire
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
My father's birthday is coming up and my mother, sister and I have been talking about getting new tires for his 68 Camaro SS. Currently the car is sporting a set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires manufactured in 1976.One had a blow out a few years back and the car has sat since.

I know my father would love to have the OEM reproduction Goodyear/Firestone wide oval E-70-14 or Goodyear/Firestone wide oval F-70-14 tires for the car. I also know he would shoot us for spending $200 a tire for tires that will dry rot before they wear out.

From my understanding the general bias-ply to radial size ratios compare as such:
E70-14: 215-70R14
F70-14: 225-70R14

So the search begins. I am trying to find ANY tire out there in either size with that red line around the outside edge. My father's car is a # matching vehicle with factory paint, but it is far from perfect and has obviously been driven. Anything that looks similar to OEM will make him very happy.

Any help or suggestions? I know very little about car tires and even less about special car tires.

Dewman

• Global Moderator
Re: Help me find a Redline tire
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
looked on coker tire and couldnt find anything under 200 but what about getting some cheaper and using a red tire marker?

DanDB64

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
http://store.cokertire.com/f70-14-firestone-wide-oval-redline.html

That's honestly your best bet. Tires are a terrible thing to cheap out on. Maybe with 4 good tires, it would inspire him to drive the car more?
DanDB64

87Warrior

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »
We went ahead and ordered the redlines from Heartbeat City.

Yes, blurry cell pic is blurry.

My father was like a little kid that just got a new toy for Christmas. The following morning he was pulling the wheels an tires off the car!

Glad we could rekindle his love for this awesome car. I can't wait to take it down a county highway once again.

DanDB64

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »
Post pics with them all installed. Bet it looks good as hell
DanDB64