Things That Are Awesome! > Stockers

1987 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo Convertible

(1/2) > >>

logikfive:
Not really sure where else to put this, I'm sure it's not fast by any means and not really very sexy, but I thought it was incredibly cool and I've never seen one.

I stood and talked to the owner for about 20 minutes, even had him pop the hood to see what kind of powerplant it had, I was thinking a 2.8L V8 turbo similar to the 3.1 turbo motors they ran in the early 90's Pontiac TGP's. To my amazement, it had a 2.0L 4-cylinder that looked like it was a bitch to work on.

Anyone have any idea how many of these things were made? I googled it quick and didn't find a single thing.

[ChaosweaveR]:
Nice find. The 2.0L Turbos are very hard to come by, GM tossed them into the 3rd gen Grand Am for a few model years, too.

Onyx Dragon:
I had 2 1984 cavaliers.  Both lived past 200k miles with the non-turboed engine.  The interior shot made me miss them :(  The second cavalier I had was a 2 door hatch Type 10.  The second one was fun.  Handled very well, 5 speed manual, though only 86 horsepower.  I should go buy another one :lol:  Or get one a couple years younger with the Z24.

Sponty:
Looks like Protonus from roclife.org's car. I love the two-tone.

Scotty:

--- Quote from: Onyx Dragon on September 03, 2011, 05:02:20 PM ---I had 2 1984 cavaliers.  Both lived past 200k miles with the non-turboed engine.  The interior shot made me miss them :(  The second cavalier I had was a 2 door hatch Type 10.  The second one was fun.  Handled very well, 5 speed manual, though only 86 horsepower.  I should go buy another one :lol:  Or get one a couple years younger with the Z24.

--- End quote ---

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/2527172713.html

!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version