Author Topic: HP Woes...  (Read 1792 times)

TMW

HP Woes...
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
Well, after buying a HP DV2637 Special edition second hand a while ago, it has come to hand that every time I try to use it, it seems to want to fry me. I wasn't amused when it overheated so badly that it crashed, corrupting everything and forcing a re-format.

So, I decided to send an email to 'ol friend HP just to see how they like their 'Toaster', and what it's doing.

That's basically what it looks like.

I'd post a pic of a toaster but there's no difference :lol:
After a minute or so I see him bend down and look under the stall wall and he says with his thick African accent "Why no feet?":
Quote from: Liz
potty time

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: HP Woes...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:46 AM »
Laptops have heatsinks. Heatsinks get filled with dust. Take it apart and clean the heatsinks.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:47:06 AM »
Laptops have heatsinks. Heatsinks get filled with dust. Take it apart and clean the heatsinks.

This. You bought it used. In just a year, it can suck up a lot of dust.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Daemon

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
Past that order you some TIM and thermal pads and replace them. OEM TIM is atrociously bad stuff.

TMW

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
Righto, will do.

See if I can convince mum that my leg will catch fire if she doesn't give me the money for thermal compound and a set of screwdrivers :lol:
After a minute or so I see him bend down and look under the stall wall and he says with his thick African accent "Why no feet?":
potty time

Daemon

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »
Wait....they make screw drivers for this stuff? Dammit and Ive just been using a pocket knife, a tooth pick, and my mom's eyebrow extender tweezy things. :lol:

TMW

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »
Wait....they make screw drivers for this stuff? Dammit and Ive just been using a pocket knife, a tooth pick, and my mom's eyebrow extender tweezy things. :lol:

No idea, but you gotta be prepared :lol:  I only have basic tools anyway. Wish I wasn't so goddamn broke so I could buy my own stuff...

potty time