Things That Are Awesome! > Stockers

Big 3 Battle: The 60's

(1/4) > >>

00XJ:
The 60's saw the birth of muscle cars and pony cars - it was a good time to be a gear head.

Ford kicked off the Pony Car craze with the Mustang, which was an immediate success and quickly became one of the best selling cars of all time. General Motors crated what to many people is the very definition of muscle car with the Pontiac GTO, and Chrysler developed one of the most iconic cars of all time with the Dodge Charger.

Not to take away from Ford's runaway success with the Mustang, but for me it's between GM and Chrysler this time around. Chrysler is still the king of the no-nonsense muscle car in my mind, but when it comes down to innovation and racing spirit, GM had Oldsmobile, which for all intents and purposes was the father of factory performance vehicles and continued to equip their cars with excellent performance options.

So I think I'm gonna vote GM on this one, with Chrysler at a close second.

JD:
GM.  Simply because I can look down the list of cars, and there isn't one I don't like.

Nava:
GM, simply for the GTO.

revolt015:
FUCK YEAH THE PEAK OF AMERICAN PERFORMANCE

Since THAT COWARDIN' CANADIAN had to complain for no reason I can't say anything about AMC

And I don't know what to say about the others. I like them all. Maybe I like GM the most, because the period Corvettes were brilliant, the C3 in particular.

ling427ttvette:
GM.

The L88 Vette's and Yenko Crapmaros make me drool. After that I'd go with Chrysler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version