Author Topic: Greek Salad Pizza  (Read 224 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Greek Salad Pizza
« on: August 01, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
I'm not a health food junkie, but this particular item is really, really tasty.

Ingredients:
Tube of Pillsbury Dinner Crescent Roll
Rosemary
Table Salt (recommends sea salt for the health part of it but whatever)
Olive Oil
Feta Cheese
Cherry Tomatoes, halved or quartered
Diced red onion
Black olives, halved or diced
Hummus (plain Hummus tastes great, but you can try other flavors as well)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375*.

2. Un-roll dough onto un-greased cookie sheet, press the perforations together to make it one flat sheet. No need to use a rolling pin.

3. Sprinkle with Rosemary and salt, add as much or little as to your liking.

4. Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until dough has a golden brown color and has risen.

5. Remove from oven and spread on the Hummus. Sprinkle the olives, feta cheese, onion and tomatoes, then sprinkle olive oil.

6. (optional) Put back in oven for 2-5 minutes, but watch carefully. You don't have to do this step, but it helps bring all the flavors together and melts the cheese just slightly.

It tastes excellent re-heated in the microwave, too.

Takes probably 25 minutes total to make, start to finish, including the preparation on the tomatoes and onions.

Quick, cheap, and dead simple to make. Tastes excellent. I made this for my girlfriend the first time we ate dinner together.. Well, rather, I showed her the recipe and she instructed me on what to do since I'm no cook. We both really enjoyed it, and it's become one of her favorite foods.

She made it for a "food friday" at the vet school, and apparently the doctors and surgeons from elsewhere in the building were coming in to try it because people were talking about it.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
Re: Greek Salad Pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
It is also really good with some greek vinaigrette marinated grilled chicken and roasted red pepper or garlic hummus. Mmmm
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

Dewman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:31 PM »
they make the cresent dough in 1 big sheet for recipies like this, makes it a ton easier. This sounds good though gonna try it.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
It is also really good with some greek vinaigrette marinated grilled chicken and roasted red pepper or garlic hummus. Mmmm

I tried the red pepper hummus, that was pretty good. Will have to try the chicken sometime.

they make the cresent dough in 1 big sheet for recipies like this, makes it a ton easier. This sounds good though gonna try it.

The crescent dinner rolls come sections into quarters though so it's a lot easier to separate after being cooked. When it rises, it almost separates the quarters automatically. You can usually just stick the spatula under them and lift and it'll come right apart on it's own.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:05:44 PM by 77olds »

Kwhit10

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
You need to add some spinach to that!