Author Topic: Turntable.fm  (Read 463 times)

Maverick

• Beast Within
Turntable.fm
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
Theres this awesome website I've been using called turntable. It's currently in Beta and only friends of friends on facebook can join.

The way it works is like a game. After joining and choosing your avatar, you enter a room of your choosing.

There are 5 DJ positions at the top of the virtual dancefloor. The order is left to right, each DJ playing their own song. You can join as a DJ if a slot is open.

You can either upload your own song to play or choose one from searching their extensive database. I was very surprised at just how much music is available on there.

Once your song plays, everyone else in the room can rate your song at the bottom of the screen with a couple of buttons, LAME or AWESOME. There is a meter on the bottom to track what the room thinks. Each time someone "Awesome's" a song, the DJ is awarded a point. So, if you play something everyone likes, youll get many points per round.

If you like another DJ's musical taste and choices, you can "Fan" him. When you do, you will be able to see what room he or she is in on the top of the room list when you browse for a new room.

For those of you who already are my friends on facebook, you can join right now at www.turntable.fm To those of you who cant join, send me a PM and I'll add you on facebook so you can get access.

Once you join, you can find your facebook friends who are actively playing on the top and also get email notifications when someone you like is DJing.

Trust me on this, my friends. This is one of the coolest games I've played online in a very long time and have spent many an hour listening to good tunes other people play. Super addicting, but not the life draining type.

Check it out!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:18:40 PM by wicho »

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.