Author Topic: Using Phsyx with ATI  (Read 1684 times)

Daemon

Using Phsyx with ATI
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »
We all know that Nvidia is being pesky about letting ATI card users use a Nvidia card as a physx card.

It is now possible, and this works.

Onto the recipe for success. This is what worked for me:

* Installed my 8800gts. leave the display ports alone, do Not plug a monitor in! Boot her up.

* Install the 197.xx nvidia drivers (I used 197.45) note..these are win 7 64 bit.

* Then Download the 1.03 Physx mod

* Run the mod, dont be afraid...it looks sketchy and is weird...click cake on the left.

* Reboot.
          o Go to the nvidia control panel and turn on Physx

Now go celebrate!

angelis83lt

Re: Using Phsyx with ATI
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
The fix has been around for quite some time (Since around OCt 2009. Windows 7 made it a little easier since it will let you run multiple cards from different manufacturers now.  The Program is a nice link though for future use.

Here is a link to the massive thread that began the patch. (Or rather inspired it)

http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16223-nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present-28.html#post82812

One thing to remember is just because the O/S may see both cards now, you have to make sure that your Motherboard is capable. People have run into issues when the Motherboard supports crossfire, but not SLI.  In order to use the nvidia card as the second card you MUST have an SLI capable motherboard.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:02:41 PM by angelis83lt »

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: Using Phsyx with ATI
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »
What games besides Mirror's Edge really benefit from Physx?