Author Topic: Rocket (And other formula one detractors)  (Read 8987 times)

Maverick

• Beast Within
Rocket (And other formula one detractors)
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=4765.0
So I figured to the few here who enjoy auto racing(other than nascar) I'd remind you that the single best race[citation needed] of the year is on Tomorrow (and into sunday).

No, its not a F1 race you pretentious collar-popping hipsters who watch only F1.(Look at me! I'm a cynical, cock sucking bully who likes to intimidate) It is the 24 Hours of French Favoritism presented by France.

Should be quite interesting[citation needed] to see the battle between Peugeot & Audi this year, and then the GT Class is going to be full of a bunch of guys who could win.

http://vimeo.com/24758150

If any F1 fans want to see cars who can corner at about 1/2 to 2/3 the speed, but also pass one another(Someone clearly hasn't watch any grand prix this season), take a gander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwCLnXOQ5n0
Le Mans, 2010.

Anthony Davidson, driving a Peugeot Prototype 1 class car, tries to pass the class leading GT2 Corvette from the inside. The turn complex was very thin and demands full cornering at mid-speed, thus every car entering it has to take the optimal line. Davidson, not showing any patience, swoops in on the inside to what is a normally single file line, clips the Corvette and sends the class leader into the wall. Blatant example of unsportsmanlike conduct which would demand strict arbitration. Yet, the French racing stewards did absolutely nothing and was laid to rest as a racing incident. Not even pit lane drive-by penalty. I've seen drivers penalized severely for this type of bullshit. After the race, Davidson was interviewed and commented how he didn't care if the class leader was there, P1 cars have the right of way.

It was then that I realized how the French will favor their drivers and teams over everyone else, and such a legendary sporting event can be smeared by petty internal politics. "Real racing"? Fuck you.

Now you, Rocket. Your cynical attitude toward Formula One and their fans has annoyed me to the point of yanking my fucking hair out. You sound like a fucking child who needs to validate his toys over the rest to feel superior.

You're a fucking shit stain. Enjoy your baguette.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Rocket 442

• Global Moderator
    • Staple Creative
Re: Rocket (And other formula one detractors)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwCLnXOQ5n0
Le Mans, 2010.

Anthony Davidson, driving a Peugeot Prototype 1 class car, tries to pass the class leading GT2 Corvette from the inside. The turn complex was very thin and demands full cornering at mid-speed, thus every car entering it has to take the optimal line. Davidson, not showing any patience, swoops in on the inside to what is a normally single file line, clips the Corvette and sends the class leader into the wall. Blatant example of unsportsmanlike conduct which would demand strict arbitration. Yet, the French racing stewards did absolutely nothing and was laid to rest as a racing incident. Not even pit lane drive-by penalty. I've seen drivers penalized severely for this type of bullshit. After the race, Davidson was interviewed and commented how he didn't care if the class leader was there, P1 cars have the right of way.

It was then that I realized how the French will favor their drivers and teams over everyone else, and such a legendary sporting event can be smeared by petty internal politics. "Real racing"? Fuck you.

Now you, Rocket. Your cynical attitude toward Formula One and their fans has annoyed me to the point of yanking my fucking hair out. You sound like a fucking child who needs to validate his toys over the rest to feel superior.

You're a fucking shit stain. Enjoy your baguette.
:lol:

You know why I posted this... because I, and quite a few others were sick of you talking shit about ANY racing that wasn't F1. You come off as an ignorant F1 yippy prick (even if you arent trying). Just like your edit of my quote above, you add a dig to nascar as usual. I can enjoy Nascar, F1, Lemans, Rally, SCCA, Grand Am, and anything else. I don't have any specific one that I hate. If it has cars fucking racing, I'll usually watch it unless I can't stand the announcers (which I why half the time I mute Nascar).

You talk about speeds of F1 vs Lemans... How many of these F1 cars do you think would last ONE QUARTER of 24 hours? Fucking dipshit. Why do you think they keep races at 90 minutes. Because 1, any longer and Vettel would just lap everyone, and 2, 9/10s' of the field would blow up.

Anthony Davidson has always been a prick. Talking shit about an iconic race because they don't police it like F1 (and hand out penalties to anyone being even slightly aggressive) is fucking stupid, and just shows your ignorance towards anything outside of jerking off to F1. I'm a Corvette Racing fan, so sure it pissed me off, but they took the higher road.

If we'd like to talk Cynical, lets compare my posts on F1, versus yours on Nascar. You see that most people make fun of the sport, and just need to jump on the bandwagon instead of fucking trying to understand the differences.

I've watched every F1 race this year, because as I said I enjoy almost all motorsports. I don't like the way it is heading, but that is my opinion. I guess if you count passing in the Pits, and the ridiculous 4 lap tires, then sure, there is passing. I'm talking about passing that isn't generated by a douche (Ecclestone) who just wants to turn a sport into a shitfest (stupid tire bullshit to increase bullshit passing, possibility of "fake rain", etc...).

Also, your 1/2 to 2/3 speed argument is stupid as hell too. First, the cars need to run 24 hours straight. Second, its built so more manufacturers can enter. The reason for this is you don't need quite as much cash, and that also keeps competition up, something F1 is slowly starting to wrap its head around. Second, that is completely wrong, unless you're comparing the GT level cars to the F1 cars, and if thats the case, you're just fucking stupid.

So before you start talking out of your fucking ass, educate yourself.

PS. In my original post I said "the single best race of the year", as an opinion, mine. You can disagree all you want, but don't come here and talk shit when you don't understand the sport, except for one small bit of it.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »
 :popcorn:

Damn..we need a huge ass popcorn smiley for this one, that little bit isn't going to last, and I'm going to have to go back for more.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »
:popcorn:

Damn..we need a huge ass popcorn smiley for this one, that little bit isn't going to last, and I'm going to have to go back for more.

Onyx, you need to go down to the cellar and open up the "Meaty vs. Nick" stockpile, there's plenty of popcorn being constantly made down there.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
Onyx, you need to go down to the cellar and open up the "Meaty vs. Nick" stockpile, there's plenty of popcorn being constantly made down there.

But that's all covered in vomit.

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »
But that's all covered in vomit.

Well played sir :lol:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
I think that machine died from over use....plus it's covered in vomit, ragecum and shit.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 06:12:34 PM »
I think that machine died from over use....plus it's covered in vomit, ragecum and shit.

Yeah, the vomit comment made me a little ill, this comment made me throw up in my mouth :lol:

Rocket 442

• Global Moderator
    • Staple Creative
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »
To examine further into the "1/2 to 2/3rds faster" idiocy...

Heres a bit of a comparison at Spa.

Spa 2011 - Peugeot 908 LM P1 Simon Pagenaud 2:03.699
Spa 2009 - Sebastian Vettel   RBR-Renault 1:47.263*
(I took 2009 for F1 because 2010 had rain, and 2011 hasn't happened yet)

A bit of math for you (this is the times taken from minutes into seconds, then divided to get a percentage)
107.263 / 123.699 =
0.8671 -> convert this to a percentage = 13.29%

13.29% is not 50%, or 33%, but maybe it is to you. So yes, the F1 is faster around the track (never something I argued). I will take your 1/2 to 2/3rds bullshit and break it down for you. I'd also like to add, this LMP1 Peugeot also probably had LMP2, GTE Pro, or GTE Amateur TRAFFIC. even without it, you're still way off base. Add with that, the restrictions on the cars, and the duration of the races compared to F1, and you're talking up your ass.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 06:15:58 PM »
So before you start talking out of your fucking ass, educate yourself.

I love it when people say this after making faulty assessments.

You talk about speeds of F1 vs Lemans... How many of these F1 cars do you think would last ONE QUARTER of 24 hours? Fucking dipshit. Why do you think they keep races at 90 minutes. Because 1, any longer and Vettel would just lap everyone, and 2, 9/10s' of the field would blow up.

I didn't compare them, you did.

Grand prix racing started off with endurance events and even cross country rallies. But, as the cars grew faster, total race durations grew shorter on closed tracks. It has since then settled into the 90 minute window, which would have taken 6 hours long ago.

You are severely mistaken about engine reliability. Formula one engines have to last four races. That is three practice rounds, qualifying and race- for four entire racing weekends. Total, that's around three hours of track time per weekend, four times. 12 hours, give or take, of use on the engine running 18,000rpm at maximum compression.

Anthony Davidson has always been a prick. Talking shit about an iconic race because they don't police it like F1 (and hand out penalties to anyone being even slightly aggressive) is fucking stupid, and just shows your ignorance towards anything outside of jerking off to F1. I'm a Corvette Racing fan, so sure it pissed me off, but they took the higher road.

Okay so, it's an iconic race. That must mean that a driver can blatantly risk the life of another driver, a class leader, and its totally cool... because its an iconic race. I totally get it now!

outside of jerking off to F1

Jim and I have been talking for quite a while, so ask him how many different racing series I've talked about for the last few years. If anything, F1 opened the door for me to appreciate racing so much more. I watch it all. The only series I have serious problems with is Indy due to forced spec machines and danica patrick. Those cars are already pretty fucking expensive as it is, so they should have more playing room for chassis, body and engine designs.

If we'd like to talk Cynical, lets compare my posts on F1, versus yours on Nascar. You see that most people make fun of the sport, and just need to jump on the bandwagon instead of fucking trying to understand the differences.

I understand the differences. I think super speedways are amazing things, considering where they started. Yet, here is my problem in a nutshell. NASCAR grew itself on the chassis of production cars. Now they are prototype, tube chassis machines. Those cars should resemble GT class cars with actual production engines, but NASCAR management always had this 'fuck the manufacturers' mindset. Ask yourself this, which cars are the most iconic in NASCAR? Me personally, I think of Petty's blue roadrunner.

I've watched every F1 race this year, because as I said I enjoy almost all motorsports. I don't like the way it is heading, but that is my opinion. I guess if you count passing in the Pits, and the ridiculous 4 lap tires, then sure, there is passing. I'm talking about passing that isn't generated by a douche (Ecclestone) who just wants to turn a sport into a shitfest (stupid tire bullshit to increase bullshit passing, possibility of "fake rain", etc...).

Two things I agree on completely. The Pirelli tires are utter shit and are a fucking safety hazard when considering how much clag they leave off the racing line. Bernie is the worst thing to happen to F1 since they killed off the Tyrrell P34 (For those of you who don't know what this is, I highly suggest you to look it up).

I had my doubts about KERS(Hybrid racing system) and the DRS (Rear wing opens to reduce drag). But, it seems that it helped the series to create some more action. The shining example of this is Mark Webber's show he put on in China. From 18th to 3rd. That was purely fucking amazing.

Also, your 1/2 to 2/3 speed argument is stupid as hell too. First, the cars need to run 24 hours straight. Second, its built so more manufacturers can enter. The reason for this is you don't need quite as much cash, and that also keeps competition up, something F1 is slowly starting to wrap its head around. Second, that is completely wrong, unless you're comparing the GT level cars to the F1 cars, and if thats the case, you're just fucking stupid.

Lets do some accounting. Audi just placed a 2:01.502 pole position time in Spa Francorchamps this year. In 2010, Mark Webber placed a pole lap of 1:45.778. Those LMP cars are more powerful than F1 cars too, so they lose time, 16 fucking seconds, in the turns. Webber's car was corning at around 5.5g's worth of compression through Eau Rouge during that race. I don't think the LMP1 cars can match that type of lateral acceleration because they are forced to use low downforce applications. It's hard to compare them, which you did in your original post.

PS. In my original post I said "the single best race of the year", as an opinion, mine. You can disagree all you want, but don't come here and talk shit when you don't understand the sport, except for one small bit of it.

Post Script, I know more about LeMans prototypes than you care to imagine. I have always loved the 24 hour endurance race they hold each year, and have pulled two all nighters to not miss a moment.

You, and this forum, have mistaken me for a blind fan of one single sport.

Rocket 442

• Global Moderator
    • Staple Creative
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »

I didn't compare them, you did.
Not quite there captain. Not once did I compare the fucking cars. I compared the race. Show me where I said LMP1 cars are faster/more advanced than F1 cars. I am going to say its a better racing experience to watch a Multi-Class race than a F1 race personally. You aren't dumb enough (at least I don't think) to really believe I compared the cars, I compared the overall experience and talked about the history of this race. In fact, I prefer to watch the GTE battles much more than the Prototypes because its what I enjoy more. So I can also say I like the GTE cars better than F1. that has nothing to do with speed. If you rank every motorsports event based soley on speed, then you have a different definition of an overall racing experience than I do.

Grand prix racing started off with endurance events and even cross country rallies. But, as the cars grew faster, total race durations grew shorter on closed tracks. It has since then settled into the 90 minute window, which would have taken 6 hours long ago.

You are severely mistaken about engine reliability. Formula one engines have to last four races. That is three practice rounds, qualifying and race- for four entire racing weekends. Total, that's around three hours of track time per weekend, four times. 12 hours, give or take, of use on the engine running 18,000rpm at maximum compression.
Ahhh okay, so a Engine Running for 90 minutes, shutting off for 2 weeks is the same as 6 hours straight (24 hrs really, but I said 1/4 of the race above). I gotcha  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim and I have been talking for quite a while, so ask him how many different racing series I've talked about for the last few years. If anything, F1 opened the door for me to appreciate racing so much more. I watch it all. The only series I have serious problems with is Indy due to forced spec machines and danica patrick. Those cars are already pretty fucking expensive as it is, so they should have more playing room for chassis, body and engine designs.

I understand the differences. I think super speedways are amazing things, considering where they started. Yet, here is my problem in a nutshell. NASCAR grew itself on the chassis of production cars. Now they are prototype, tube chassis machines. Those cars should resemble GT class cars with actual production engines, but NASCAR management always had this 'fuck the manufacturers' mindset. Ask yourself this, which cars are the most iconic in NASCAR? Me personally, I think of Petty's blue roadrunner.
I always will prefer older nascar races (Bobby Allison, Lee Petty, Ned Jarrett, etc...) but that doesn't mean I cannot appreciate the skill the current drivers have. Even you i'm sure are going to have to begin to realize when Kimi can't handle the car, and these guys who are 18 are out there beating him. Doesn't say that F1 is the pinnacle, just a different style. Every series has different driver styles that are better attuned for it. I've seen you post quite a few times about nascar and its drivers. While I'm not sure its in jest or not, I'd say you don't give them much credit.

I had my doubts about KERS(Hybrid racing system) and the DRS (Rear wing opens to reduce drag). But, it seems that it helped the series to create some more action. The shining example of this is Mark Webber's show he put on in China. From 18th to 3rd. That was purely fucking amazing.
I don't really mind KER & the DRS wing setup. I'd still prefer it without it, but with F1's rules/conduct its tough to make a pass. Which is why I said that the ILMS is less strict. You don't have to go crazy and kill any aggressive driver with penalties, just when it is out of line. There are racing incidents. (even if the driver is a british cocksucker like Davidson and takes no responsibility in a post-stint interview).

Lets do some accounting. Audi just placed a 2:01.502 pole position time in Spa Francorchamps this year. In 2010, Mark Webber placed a pole lap of 1:45.778. Those LMP cars are more powerful than F1 cars too, so they lose time, 16 fucking seconds, in the turns. Webber's car was corning at around 5.5g's worth of compression through Eau Rouge during that race. I don't think the LMP1 cars can match that type of lateral acceleration because they are forced to use low downforce applications. It's hard to compare them, which you did in your original post.
See my post above about the math pertaining to this. Also, I prefer race times to qualifying times, as its not quite as impressive racing when you're racing yourself ;)
http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=4769.msg83855#msg83855

Post Script, I know more about LeMans prototypes than you care to imagine. I have always loved the 24 hour endurance race they hold each year, and have pulled two all nighters to not miss a moment.
As have I, I didn't miss a second of the 12 hours of sebring earlier this year either. ILMS' regs have me pretty excited for the future of this racing style.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:32:49 PM by Rocket 442 »

James

• Meh
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
Formula 1 16a's
24 Hours of Lemans 16a's
NASCAR 16a's

Are all 16a's.

IDGAF.jpg
Four boxes protect liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
follow the leader team order ferrari international assistance bullshit
all left turns redneck hurpdurp shitfuck
bunch of frenchmen surrendering to everybody for a day

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
bunch of frenchmen surrendering to everybody for a day

Wouldn't that be the Tour de France?

b00sted

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »
Real racing

More real racing...

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 12:20:23 AM »
Formula 1 16a's
24 Hours of Lemans 16a's
NASCAR 16a's

Are all 16a's.

IDGAF.jpg
Gee thanks
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

Scotty

• AR LATE NIGHT CLUB
Please, please, please, let me get what I want. Lord knows it would be the first time.
Quote from: sponty
I have no taste and blow dogs for quarters.
"in the depths were old ones lie, perhaps death itself may one day die"

Maverick

• Beast Within

mopar10

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 04:13:13 AM »
Quote from: LeoTheLion89
i NEVER said i changed the plugs i aint dont that i cant afford to have it looked at all i know is it is misfiring

b00sted

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 06:00:43 AM »

1fastII

• KWEH?!
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
I like crepes.

Gael

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 11:54:46 PM »
I like crepes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDqXbk_ThH0

On a related note, the race at Montreal today was awesome.
Gael

Rocket 442

• Global Moderator
    • Staple Creative
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »
On a related note, the race at Montreal today was awesome.
I agree that Montreal was probably the best race in quite some time.

It almost re-affirms though that if you're in first, you need to pull out a huge lead, and if the 2nd place car is within 1 second, you're just a sitting duck waiting to be passed in the DRS zones.

I'm all for any F1 race where Vettel doesn't win :lol: