Author Topic: You're playing a joke on someone...  (Read 5260 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
You're playing a joke on someone...
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »
...do you touch their car?

Left work today, check engine light came on. Had a feeling, so I tightened the gas cap. Code stayed on, I thought it would have turned off, so I went back to work, scanned the code, P0455, evaporative emissions leak. Cleared code, no more problems.

A gas cap doesn't just unscrew itself, especially the kind like on my Jeep that clicks into place when you turn it. For the code not to have come on on my whole drive to work, or at lunch, then suddenly appear when I leave work says to me that someone loosened it just to freak me out with a Check Engine light.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but I'm kinda pissed someone was touching my vehicle.

Would you be too?

If you're playing a "harmless" joke on someone, do you have any right to be touching their vehicle?

ShelbyTurbo2.2

Re: You're playing a joke on someone...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:41 PM »
We have a rule at work... nobody fucks with anybody's car...It's kind of an unwritten unspoken law... we all just know better.

And yes I'd be pissed

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
No.

Especially if you know the person really cares about the car.

I've told my friends about this, if you're gonna pull a prank, do it to me...not the car.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
Legally, you shouldn't fuck with someone's property at all.

But on a personal level, I won't fuck with someone's car because I don't want the same done to me. I have come extremely close to flattening somebody's tires. Some dickhead parked his minivan right in front of our apartment building, dead center, best spot in the lot in a part of the complex that's constantly parked up as it is.. Parked it relatively close to one of the lines, slightly crooked, wheel cocked all the way to one side. Six. Fucking. Months. Never moved an inch. Registration finally expired after four months, so I mentioned it to the apartment manager. She slapped a sign on it that it needed to be moved or registered within 10 days or it's towed. Fucker registered it. The goddamn van didn't even work. He just held onto it because he 'planned on fixing it'. Two months later, he finally got it towed away.

Prick. Shit like that fucking aggravates the hell out of me. He didn't even live in the unit he parked in front of. He was one unit down. He could have parked the damn thing around the corner where no one ever parks.

I wouldn't sweat it though, Nick. You don't even know 100% that someone loosened it.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

ShelbyTurbo2.2

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »
Legally, you shouldn't fuck with someone's property at all.

But on a personal level, I won't fuck with someone's car because I don't want the same done to me. I have come extremely close to flattening somebody's tires. Some dickhead parked his minivan right in front of our apartment building, dead center, best spot in the lot in a part of the complex that's constantly parked up as it is.. Parked it relatively close to one of the lines, slightly crooked, wheel cocked all the way to one side. Six. Fucking. Months. Never moved an inch. Registration finally expired after four months, so I mentioned it to the apartment manager. She slapped a sign on it that it needed to be moved or registered within 10 days or it's towed. Fucker registered it. The goddamn van didn't even work. He just held onto it because he 'planned on fixing it'. Two months later, he finally got it towed away.

Prick. Shit like that fucking aggravates the hell out of me. He didn't even live in the unit he parked in front of. He was one unit down. He could have parked the damn thing around the corner where no one ever parks.

I wouldn't sweat it though, Nick. You don't even know 100% that someone loosened it.

You could've asked him to move it?

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
I don't know the owner.

And the van didn't work. That's why it sat there for 6 months.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
Honestly Nick, welcome to Jeep ownership, that fucking code has acted screwy on my Jeep since the day I got, I have no clue why and at this point I'm used to the Check Engine light, but it honestly could be the sensor being stupid.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

logikfive

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »
The only time I've ever fucked with anyones car is at work to a coworker.  :lol:

Of course, what I did was ENTIRELY harmless but funny, and I knew they wouldn't give two shits. I would never do anything to anybodies car that could cause damage.

We have this electrical insulating compound, looks similar to clear RTV Silicone. It never solidifies and easily washes off, we generally use it as a lubricant for lubing o-rings and such at work more than insulating electric components. Anyway, a coworker of mine thought it would be funny to put it on the grip of my cordless screw gun. Of course since it's clear you can't see it, and you only know what just happened after you stick your hand in it. What did I do to get him back? I waited until he went into a different room, quickly ran out to his truck in the parking lot, and slathered that shit under his door handle.  I've never laughed so hard in my life when he went out there after work and went to get in his truck. He has an older Silverado, so of course when he goes to open the door his hand slips off the handle just about clocking himself in the face with his hand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »
Could be... I'm just suspicious because earlier today one of the techs gave me shit for parking next to the building (just outside my wash bay). They all got told they can't park behind the building anymore because the dudes with motorcycles were parking like douche bags and taking up spaces that are reserved for our inventory/company vehicles.. Based on a snide little comment someone made to me this morning, I'm guessing a few are wondering why I'm still parking out back.

Well, nobody ever came up to me and told me I couldn't. THEY were told not to.. there wasn't a memo passed around and nobody told me directly, I only figured it out by asking one of the porters where his car was.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
Your Jeeps Machine-Spirit is probably just mad at you because you haven't fixed that clunking yet :lol:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

b00sted

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:29:41 PM »
The only time I've ever fucked with anyones car is at work to a coworker.  :lol:

Of course, what I did was ENTIRELY harmless but funny, and I knew they wouldn't give two shits. I would never do anything to anybodies car that could cause damage.

We have this electrical insulating compound, looks similar to clear RTV Silicone. It never solidifies and easily washes off, we generally use it as a lubricant for lubing o-rings and such at work more than insulating electric components. Anyway, a coworker of mine thought it would be funny to put it on the grip of my cordless screw gun. Of course since it's clear you can't see it, and you only know what just happened after you stick your hand in it. What did I do to get him back? I waited until he went into a different room, quickly ran out to his truck in the parking lot, and slathered that shit under his door handle.  I've never laughed so hard in my life when he went out there after work and went to get in his truck. He has an older Silverado, so of course when he goes to open the door his hand slips off the handle just about clocking himself in the face with his hand.

My buddy did that to a guy he works with...Except his family owns a trucking company that handles haz-mat....So instead of silicone, he took the red dye they mix into off-road diesel fuel and put it on some guy's car door.  That shit won't come off your skin until the shin itself dies and wears away.

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
The only thing I've ever done is dump the paper dots from the 3-hole punch into a guy's defroster vent.  He drove a Neon and was hardly a car guy.  He didn't care other than the initial fright of stuff flying out at him since we left the fan on high.

I wan't too keen on it but it wasn't my idea, and a few people were in on the prank.  He took it well and dished it back himself, so no harm no foul. 
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
The only thing I've ever done is dump the paper dots from the 3-hole punch into a guy's defroster vent.  He drove a Neon and was hardly a car guy.  He didn't care other than the initial fright of stuff flying out at him since we left the fan on high.

I wan't too keen on it but it wasn't my idea, and a few people were in on the prank.  He took it well and dished it back himself, so no harm no foul. 

Should have done this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXz0K5y_m_Q&playnext=1&list=PL544EB790EEEAD65F

Caryn

• Super Administrator
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
I would kill a bitch..

Apparently they go back and forth on each other.  I'm not sure what he did to deserve that though :lol:

handle

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »
Apparently they go back and forth on each other.  I'm not sure what he did to deserve that though :lol:
It's reality show, dude. They do things like that to get ad money.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »
It's reality show, dude. They do things like that to get ad money.

Yeah, and it's funny.  It's not a reality show.  It's more like stupidity shows, and it is better than the shit they show on TV.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
Only harmless stuff.

My favorite car prank is taking a giant roll of saran wrap and dextering the entire car. Takes a little while to take it off and no harm done.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
I would never touch a car. I've only put my hands on another vehicle twice, and both times it was only because I had shiny new door dings.

Been known to dump oil or transmission fluid under a car, though. :lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »

!!!!!

I'm so doing this.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 09:32:57 PM »

That is a really good idea! :lol:
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »
Car prank?
Lead from distributor run to the drivers seat.

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

quantum

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
Car prank?

Jim

Why waste time running a line...just leave a charged points capacitor in their seat.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
1 time zap vs multiple zaps

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

ling427ttvette

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
Car prank?

Jim

I've witnessed this one done before, teacher was in on it to. Kid started his truck and got the shit shocked out of him and the teacher played along and asked what was wrong, got the kid to start the truck two more times. :lol: