Author Topic: Took a 2012 GT500 for a cruise  (Read 1945 times)

PileDriver

• Drivin' piles
Took a 2012 GT500 for a cruise
« on: July 10, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
Figured this belongs here as it's a production car:

A town near me has an annual "cruise night" during their town festival, where basically a good 500 classic or "special interest" cars parade around town, and are then allowed to open it up on a closed section of highway. The dealership I work for is a major sponsor of it, so we decided to put a 2012 Shelby GT500 in the thing, and the idiots put me behind the wheel.  :lol:

Pic my sister took of me.

I of course got hassled by the crowd to beat the snot out of it. Based on my lack of experience with a vehicle with that power, and the $57,000 sticker, I declined until I got out of town. Took it up to about 105 (weak) on the closed section before I ran out of space. After the carnival/show the magnets came off and a coworker/myself took turns seeing what it could do, leading to racing a newer Challenger.  :lol:

Lotsa power, didn't even know I was doing 100 until I looked down. Handles good, but I drive trucks and 40 year old land yachts. Sounds very nice, looks good, comfy interior to my suprise. Bottom line, lots of fun, but sooo not worth 60k. I would rather it had been a convertable, but I'm a sally like that.