Author Topic: dem hackint0sh'z bro  (Read 1796 times)

TMW

dem hackint0sh'z bro
« on: May 20, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
Anyone have any experience making them? Wouldn't mind a project for the weekends when I have enough cash to get a legit copy of Mac OSX.

After a minute or so I see him bend down and look under the stall wall and he says with his thick African accent "Why no feet?":
Quote from: Liz
potty time

Reaper

• BannedFromPosting
Re: dem hackint0sh'z bro
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »
Snow leopard is 30.. 39? bucks at the Apple store.

You will need a copy of the software that Psystar used to have available for download (free).  Unfortunately, Apple cockblocked them and they removed it along with their operation(s).  I used to have a copy of it, might still, but I'd have to look for it. I don't know (though, I'm sure there is), if there's someone else that has similar software.  It basically fools the check bit(s) in the Os X installer into thinking it's installing onto legit Apple hardware.

Quo doesn't seem to have any such software available for download.

You will need specific hardware in that PC to run Os X.  Os X will only run on certain sound cards, video cards, controllers, etc. 

TMW

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »

You will need specific hardware in that PC to run Os X.  Os X will only run on certain sound cards, video cards, controllers, etc. 

Kinda figured that, did a bit of research online when I found about it.

Also, what's the difference between installing OSX on a partitioned hdd with a Windows based OS on it and this? So far I can't tell.
After a minute or so I see him bend down and look under the stall wall and he says with his thick African accent "Why no feet?":
potty time

Reaper

• BannedFromPosting
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »
I don't know. 

I run Win7 64bit natively on my MacBook pro, but it's on a separate partition. I don't know if there's any Os X emulation software out there, like VMWare is for Windows.

Hamspiced

• Super Administrator
  • Night Owl
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »
heres instructions used about a year ago i used on an old HP Mini.  seems all the screenshots are invalid tho...

http://mymacbookmini.wordpress.com/2009/09/20/cat-in-the-bag-install-snow-leopard-on-the-hp-mini/
Night Owl...

Hamspiced

• Super Administrator
  • Night Owl
Night Owl...

TMW

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »
Many thanks man ;) Much appreciated.
potty time