Author Topic: Detailers: Need some help here.  (Read 1143 times)

ling427ttvette

Detailers: Need some help here.
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:58:26 PM »
The Jetta has had some pretty bad oxidation on the hood, roof, and trunk.. but no where else on the car. I am guessing it's because these parts get beaten on the most by the sun.

I just went out there with some Mothers Carnauba wax and it took off quite a bit of it but the paint still looks milky and cloudy.  Needing some tips on getting rid of this, I'm worried it might be the clear coat though. I also noticed on the hood what looked like water spots which were not coming off either.

I didn't get the best of pictures but I will tomorrow and they will be in the sunlight.

The left side is the before, the right side is the after. It really looks tons better than it did, but it could look tons better than it does now.

What are some things I can try? I'm not looking to get extremely crazy and have it perfectly immaculate like Curtis's Firechicken.. but I want it to still look decent.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Re: Detailers: Need some help here.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »
Can't really tell from these pics but there's a safe chance that a good buff job would do it. If it doesn't, wet sanding THEN buffing would be the next step.. but I doubt you'd have to go that far.

I've been able to fix that sort of thing with just a couple steps of the buffing process.. foam pad, light cut, but then again it really just depends on how bad it is.

See if you can score a cheap buffer on ebay and have wicho recommend you some products, I use shit that I don't think you can buy in the stores and is probably a lot more expensive.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
Re: Detailers: Need some help here.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »
I would help....but the only thing I can see is what looks like a slight clear coat peel.

Betting a correction step would do it though. 
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.