Author Topic: Beer People  (Read 1760 times)

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Beer People
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »
Samual Smith Oatmeal Stout is one of my top beers. It's so smooth.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Mick

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
Thinking about trying this, saw it at the store the other day.
http://www.troegs.com/our_brews/dead_reckoning_porter.aspx

UberWasser

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 01:21:15 AM »
Haven't had it, but Troegs is well spoken of. Probably worth a try.

UberWasser

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 01:37:14 AM »
No Samual Smith? The Oatmeal Stout and the I think it was call Nut Brown Ale were fucking tasty, and I had a weird fondness for skull crusher as well.

Skull Crusher? Or Skull Splitter? Splitter is damn good. Last time I had it I was up on the roof working on the swamp cooler. Upscale white trash drinkin'.

Rocket 442

• Global Moderator
    • Staple Creative
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »
I'll have to see if I can locate some Yeti around here.
You'll be glad you found it if you do.

It isn't too exotic, but it just seems to have the perfect taste and aroma. They've got everything blended together very well. After that, try the Oak Aged Yeti, very good as well.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
Yeah Skull Splitter, my bad it's been like 4 years since I was able to drink beer.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

GMCBrewski

• Once you go twig you never go big
    • Andrew Bruckse Sports Photography
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »
Anyone recommend a really good wheat bear? Seems to be the style I enjoy most. I wish I could get my hands on an authentic Hefeweizen. My local brewery makes a decent one.

The selection around here is horrible... my Publix/Kroger has nothing like the stuff in the OP. There's a few good stores in downtown Nashville though.

Reaper

• BannedFromPosting
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »
Anyone recommend a really good wheat bear?

Sorry... I prefer wild meat bear.  Wheat bear tastes too... wheaty.

:lol:

:hide:

GMCBrewski

• Once you go twig you never go big
    • Andrew Bruckse Sports Photography
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
heh... I'll blame it on my slight intoxication. :lol:

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
My wife and I met with a couple of friends last night at a local place called Stubbies and Steins with 24 beers on tap and 400 bottled. It's fantastic. They have really good authentic German food, too. It can get a little pricey drinking there, but it's worth it once in a while. There's no Miller Lite here. :lol: They do have a single PBR in the cooler though. :P The only thing that's hurting them is the size of the place. They technically own two addresses but the rooms are connected. Unfortunately, they can't fit a whole lot of people in the establishment at once. It can be rough on a Saturday night. We got there around 8pm and it was pretty empty. By the time we left at 11:30, it was packed and it's summer in Gainesville so most of the students have gone home.

Spent $44.20 between the two of us which I don't think is too bad. I was expecting even more.

I had an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. It was good, but a little too bitter for me. This was on draft, too.

Then, I had a Great Divide Yeti per the recommendation in this thread. Tasty.

Then, a Skullsplitter, which was really, really good. I was amazed at how much I could pick out the flavors from the figs and dates. It really lingered.

And, to finish the night off, a La Fin Du Monde, which I've had before and enjoyed.

My wife had a Young's Double Chocolate Stout which was also a recommendation in here, I think. It was on draft. Very tasty and I think she liked it, too. She also had a Major Tom Pomegranate and a Bell's Double Cream Stout.

Let me just say that I was pretty drunk. I wasn't too bad when we left the bar and didn't notice anything on the short drive home, but we started watching a couple episodes of Modern Family when we got home and it all started to hit me. :lol:

Mick

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
Picked up a 6 pack of Troeg's Troegenator Double bock and a 4 pack of Sam Adams Imperial Series Double Bock.

Stats(All info other than price take from brewers website):
Troeg's
Cost: $12.99 for 6 pack
ABV: 8.2%
Hop Bitterness (IBU's): 25
Color (SRM): Bronze
Malts: Pilsner, Munich, Chocolate
Hops: Hallertau, Saaz
Yeast: Lager

Sam Adams
Cost: 11.99 for 4 pack
Flavor: Strong malt and caramel character; very smooth, full bodied, low to medium bitterness
Color: Deep mahogany
Original Gravity: 23.0 Plato
Alcohol by Vol / Wt: 9.5%ABV - 7.3%ABW
Calories/12 oz.: 323
Malt Varieties: Two-row Harrington, Metcalfe, and Copeland pale malts, and Caramel 60
Hop Varieties: Tettnang Tettnanger and Hallertau Mittelfrueh Noble hops
Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams lager yeast

Both beers taste very similar with little taste difference. only thing I have noticed is the sam adams is a little thicker/fuller tasting. Both amazing beers in my opinion though. The troegs is a bit cheaper per bottle but it also contains a little less alcohol % per bottle and the sam adams does have a better taste as slight as it is. I do recommend both beers to all though.

UberWasser

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 02:02:18 AM »
Anyone recommend a really good wheat bear? Seems to be the style I enjoy most. I wish I could get my hands on an authentic Hefeweizen. My local brewery makes a decent one.

The selection around here is horrible... my Publix/Kroger has nothing like the stuff in the OP. There's a few good stores in downtown Nashville though.

Weihenstephaner is probably the best example of a classic German Hefeweizen.

If you want a wheat beer with more kick, get some Aventinus.

Rammstein4Ever

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
Weihenstephaner is probably the best example of a classic German Hefeweizen.

If you want a wheat beer with more kick, get some Aventinus.

My favorite while I was in Germany was Erdinger Hefeweizen...  making my mouth water just thinking about it.

handle

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2011, 02:50:28 AM »
How y'all feel about this?

I'm on my fifth beer and I still think this shit is alright. I wouldn't mind if it had more alcohol...

UberWasser

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
No thanks. :lol:

Kwhit10

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
While waiting for Hurricane Irene I cracked open two beers I had in the fridge.

First:  Rouge Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout
Nice and dark with the oatmeal taste and chocolate after taste.  It's kind of frothy when in your mouth but isn't that thick overall.  4/5

Second:
Huyghe Brewery Delirium Tremens (Belgium)
A belgium ale, smell of citrus, but the taste has a very slight citrus and more of a sweet hop taste.  I little too sweet for my tastes, the wife enjoys this one more than I, and she's actually had it before because of the elephants on the label. 3/5

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
Drank this last night:

Wow. What an amazing beer. It wasn't my favorite when considering overall beers, but it's the most interesting beer I've had yet. The name doesn't lie. When you pop off the cap, you can immediately smell the caramelized sugar and vanilla. When poured into a glass, it pours a thick black with a short brown head. The head disappears quickly and leaves very little lacing. Extremely sweet beer even with a 9.6% ABV. this thing's made with a lot of sugar. One hell of a dessert beer.

It's not something that I would turn to on a regular occasion, especially with the price (cost me $10) but it was a fun experience that I would recommend to anyone.

Kwhit10

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 01:29:57 PM »
The only thing I've had from Southern Tier is their pumpkin one, and it is definitely one of my favorites.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
I believe it's called Pumking, correct? I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin beers so I tend to avoid them but my wife loves them.

Kwhit10

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »
I believe it's called Pumking, correct? I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin beers so I tend to avoid them but my wife loves them.

Yea I think it is Pumking, I've had so many I tend to forget which company has what Pumpkin variant for a name :lol: