Author Topic: "Not So Fast and Furious, but not rice either" forum  (Read 17719 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
"Not So Fast and Furious, but not rice either" forum
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »
Apparently we need a place to post cars that aren't badass 10 second strip cars or high budget super builds, but also aren't riced out pieces of shit....

So, I suggest we create a sub forum for cool cars that don't fit in either category.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: "Not So Fast and Furious, but not rice either" forum
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
Apparently we need a place to post cars that aren't badass 10 second strip cars or high budget super builds, but also aren't riced out pieces of shit....

So, I suggest we create a sub forum for cool cars that don't fit in either category.

Sooo..you want a place to post regular cars? ;)  It doesn't have to be a budget or non-budget super build.  There are other fast and furious stock vehicles.  That one just wasn't it is all dude.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
Sooo..you want a place to post regular cars? ;)  It doesn't have to be a budget or non-budget super build.  There are other fast and furious stock vehicles.  That one just wasn't it is all dude.

But it's a cool car to some people, you know? I get that that's not the most popular era of cars, believe me I completely understand that.. but is it really out of the question that someone should still be able to post an unpopular car, in case there are people who do have an interest?

I could understand if our server was bursting at the seams and we had to carefully regulate content to avoid having to start erasing shit... but that doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment.. so what harm was done?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »
But it's a cool car to some people, you know? I get that that's not the most popular era of cars, believe me I completely understand that.. but is it really out of the question that someone should still be able to post an unpopular car, in case there are people who do have an interest?

I could understand if our server was bursting at the seams and we had to carefully regulate content to avoid having to start erasing shit... but that doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment.. so what harm was done?

What harm other than it not being fast or furious?  That would be like me posting my car in there.  You could have put it in the lounge.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »
You could have put it in the lounge.
I bet money if he did that instead people would have told him to take it to TRFAF.

Jeez, it wasn't like he posted a friggin' base model '77 Cutlass with a V6. If this really needs to be a topic for discussion, I suggest getting people to shut their fucking mouths and make TRFAF about any random cool-ish car like that 442.

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
I bet money if he did that instead people would have told him to take it to TRFAF.

Jeez, it wasn't like he posted a friggin' base model '77 Cutlass with a V6. If this really needs to be a topic for discussion, I suggest getting people to shut their fucking mouths and make TRFAF about any random cool-ish car like that 442.

Or how about leaving it as it is, and he posts it in the lounge.  Then if they bitch about it in the lounge we tell them to STFU.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »
Or how about leaving it as it is, and he posts it in the lounge.  Then if they bitch about it in the lounge we tell them to STFU.
It seems redundant to me to have a forum dedicated to cars like TRFAF, and then having people post cars in different sections of the forum.

Meh.

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:50:47 PM »
It seems redundant to me to have a forum dedicated to cars like TRFAF, and then having people post cars in different sections of the forum.

Meh.

The name of it is The Fast and the Furious in addition to the description of it.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
The name of it is The Fast and the Furious in addition to the description of it.
Nick thinks that 442 is cool, so do I and a few others. According to the forum description, it was a perfectly acceptable topic.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »
Nick thinks that 442 is cool, so do I and a few others. According to the forum description, it was a perfectly acceptable topic.

It's not fast, nor furious.  Man, that thing needs redescribed or something.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »
It's not fast, nor furious.  Man, that thing needs redescribed or something.
By today's standards, no. I'm thinking of the car when it was new.

Again, meh. If you think cluttering the lounge up every time someone wants to talk about a car they like is the way to go, nothing I can say will change your mind.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 01:02:43 AM »
By today's standards, no. I'm thinking of the car when it was new.

Again, meh. If you think cluttering the lounge up every time someone wants to talk about a car they like is the way to go, nothing I can say will change your mind.

You seem to think the lounge is supposed to be neat and tidy.  It's the "If it doesn't fit anywhere else" forum.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 01:36:34 AM »
You seem to think the lounge is supposed to be neat and tidy.  It's the "If it doesn't fit anywhere else" forum.
I've already said why I think that; it seems redundant.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »
I've already said why I think that; it seems redundant.

Oh yeah?  YOU'RE redundant!

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 01:47:47 AM »
Onyx, how could you have forgotten the dozens of posts on the old board of cars that did not fit the "fast and furious" description, but were cool cars none the less? Come on man, for fucks sake this is ONE issue you could lighten up on.  Only one person bitched when Gooney posted a 283 powered 57 Chevy. Why didn't you and Rocket jump his shit?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 05:15:58 AM »
Onyx, how could you have forgotten the dozens of posts on the old board of cars that did not fit the "fast and furious" description, but were cool cars none the less? Come on man, for fucks sake this is ONE issue you could lighten up on.  Only one person bitched when Gooney posted a 283 powered 57 Chevy. Why didn't you and Rocket jump his shit?

::)  A 57 chevy is a special car.  That 442 you posted isn't.  There is nothing special about it at all other than the fact that it has the name 442.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »
::)  A 57 chevy is a special car.  That 442 you posted isn't.  There is nothing special about it at all other than the fact that it has the name 442.

57 Chevy is neither Fast nor Furious. It doesn't belong in that forum.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »
57 Chevy is neither Fast nor Furious. It doesn't belong in that forum.

You're right.  Neither does the 442.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
You're right.  Neither does the 442.

Hence needing a new forum.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 11:46:39 AM »
OR hence posting it in the lounge..since it doesn't fit anywhere else *gasp*
To me, lately it seems SOME PEOPLE just need something to bitch and argue about. Is this the flavor of the week?
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »
SOME PEOPLE
OH YEAH?

This is me laying the foundation of something pointless that I can potentially argue about down: I hope you stick on Onyx's word of shutting people who complain up if someone posts a thread of a not-so-fast-nor-furious car in the lounge.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
I don't have the energy to argue about this anymore... what the fuck ever, try to post a thread about a car on a car forum and the admins think it's wrong. Holy shit.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
I never said it was wrong to post it in there...I also said (in here) it could be posted in the lounge. What I AM saying...is we don't need a new forum. Not everything has to be an argument. You made reference that the only threads that get any attention are the bitching and trolling threads. Notice how lately 90% turn into that? Ever wonder if that is why they are popular?  If the majority of reading material is bitching...people will read and have input, since that is what is there.
This isn't a personal attack on you. This isn't us against you. YOU seem to think that when we don't say OMG Nick great idea...let us get on that/change to that...we are attacking you and shitting on you. Get over yourself, You really aren't that important. We don't get together for Admin meetings and come up with 50 ways to fuck with Nick this week.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 12:58:57 PM »
I don't have the energy to argue about this anymore... what the fuck ever, try to post a thread about a car on a car forum and the admins think it's wrong. Holy shit.
No... you posted a slow car in the fast car forum.
You posted  a fairly hideous car i the cool car forum.
You posted a car named 442 that is an abomination to the original 442s.

How about not having the energy to post in general.
It seems lately that all you do is bitch and whine.
Its getting old.
knock it off or go away.

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 01:01:38 PM »
We don't get together for Admin meetings and come up with 50 ways to fuck with Nick this week.
I thought it was an off-the-cuff, adlib thing myself.

You posted  a fairly hideous car i the cool car forum.
You posted a car named 442 that is an abomination to the original 442s.

WOO YEAH SUBJECTIVITY
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:13:28 PM by revolt015 »