Author Topic: 1983 Camaro Z28  (Read 3446 times)

ling427ttvette

1983 Camaro Z28
« on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:58 PM »
There hasn't really been a whole lot of progress made with this car since I have bought it, mostly because I DD'd it for about 2 years before I finally got another vehicle, and a lot of other things have had to make their way to the front of the list as far as money goes.

It is mostly still the same since I bought it besides the 5 speed swap.

For those who don't know, yes it's just a 305:

Edelbrock 600cfm carb
Holley Intake
Mild cam
Hedmann Headers
Hooker 3" cat-back with no cat-con
And a 3" electric cut-out from Quick Time Performance

I swapped it from a 700r4 to a World Class 5 speed from a late 80's to early 90's Camaro, the WC wasn't available until 85 if I remember right. Basically it consists of different synchros and something else, don't quite remember now.

Before the car was actually mine.. (bought it from litdog here on A-R)

MULLET!

Interior looks WAY different now, no seat covers, no carpet, no back seat. Weight reduction, yO!

Threw some wheels on it for a while, then ended up selling them and bought the 5 speed swap.

Have a pic somewhere of my purple clutch, don't feel like uploading though. :lol:

And, I'll end this with a few videos of the car, mix of with the auto and 5 speed.. should be easy to tell which is which.

Cut-out open vs. closed. Camera didn't pick up sounds very well, so it really doesn't sound that great on video.

Open cut-out again.

Most of these videos and pictures are a little old now.. the cars been sitting for going on 2 years now probably. It does get started up and driven every now and then, but like mentioned right now.. just don't have the money to start doing what I want with it.

This is it's current home:

Wood and concrete no longer in the way now, though.  :lol:

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
Re: 1983 Camaro Z28
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
Cool V6 Camaro, you got there. Who did the work on it?

What do you plan on doing to it when you finish abandoning it?

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

ling427ttvette

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »
Cool V6 Camaro, you got there. Who did the work on it?

What do you plan on doing to it when you finish abandoning it?

:lol:

LS1 with a good intake/throttle body setup and a good head/cam setup with a full exhaust, backed by a T56.

I'd like to lower it a couple inches, get a set of 17's again, MAYBE 18's but not as likely, beefier sway bars.. just a little bit to make it stick better. Convert to disc brakes all around is a definite, I've got some of the parts for a swap already.

The biggest thing I want to pull off is a full 4th gen interior, dash, seats, door panels.. everything. It CAN be done, hardest part being the dash and all of the wiring..

As for body work, going to go with front and rear bumpers, and side skirts from a 91-92 Camaro. Not switching the spoiler though, I hate the high-rise spoiler. I've still got several paint options in mind, so I'm not really going to give a certain answer.. midnight metallic blue with pearl white heritage stripes is pretty high on the list though.

FrameScrape

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:02:55 PM »
What a lonely looking car :(

ling427ttvette

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:12:51 PM »
Soo.. its been a year or two since Ive updated this.

There has been some changes made finally. The biggest one was getting a shop and having a place to finally work on the old junker!

Crazy to think Ive had this thing since 05.

First time bringing it home to the new shop.

Settling into its new spot.

It blew up..

Cannibalized this 92 RS to save mine.

Still looks like a pile of dog shit.. but not so bad.

Attempting to polish a turd.

How its currently sitting, installing a new fuel tank/sending unit. The old tank was completely rusted to crap.

I have changed my mind on the thoughts of an LS swap. I traded my 5.3 for this 355, very solid running engine with heads that are worth more than I gave for the 5.3. They're World S/R torquer heads, 2.02 and 1.60 valves.

I am going to re ring the engine, the parts are cheap enough I might do a full re-build and I'm toying with the idea of changing it to a roller lifter setup. Right now I am unsure of what cam is in it, but it's a fairly healthy cam.

This winter the old 305 is coming out (still a damn good running engine to) and no idea on when I'll have it all back together, but I'm going to clean/paint/de-clutter the engine bay while I'm in there. Try to start getting this project going in a serious direction, as much as I can with my budget.

I also did some interior work while doing the bumpers/side skirts on it. Started switching it to a black interior from that ugly ass tan, but no good pictures of that.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »
I'm glad to see this thing is still alive and being worked on.

And it is crazy that you've had it since 2005. I'll be getting my Prelude back again from a friend. I bought it in 2007 or 2008, gave it to a friend a couple years ago, he gave it back a year later, it went to another friend last year, and it will be coming back again shortly. It's hard to believe I've owned it or been in close proximity to it for so long. It's still my favorite car of the fairly short list that I've owned. Not the fastest and, hell, not even the most reliable (pretty close) but it's fantastic.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Delta

• Torquemada 71
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »
Heh, talk about a blast from the past! Glad you still got it!
2017 VW Golf GTI - 6spd
2015 Toyota Camry SE
2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
1999 Chevy S10 - 5spd