Author Topic: Entire Sunday: Gone  (Read 51063 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Entire Sunday: Gone
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »
I dunno dude, when you actually stop and think about all the shit the Reapers have done to that Universe, and the manner in which they did it...and husks freak me the hell out for some reason. Also ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL was pretty WTF when they actually explained it...and did you play the first big DLC pack? The rouge VI mission? The ending to that is quite possibly one of the most depressing things I've ever seen in a video game.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
Yeah, the husks were similar to zombies so they're a little fucked up, but I still don't consider any of it creepy. Dead Space is creepy. Mass Effect is just a great series.

Never played any of the DLC for Mass Effect.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
I'm really not into 3rd Person Shooters unfortunately. I prefer to watch people play more than play myself, but it works out because things like Fallout and FEAR were okay. There was also another game which I can never remember the name of that's scary as shit. You play a washed up cop in a city that's been taken over by psychotic pcp/meth-freaks and you drink booze to sustain your energy.

The CONDEMNED, that's what it is! Evidently Google search string cop+booze+doll+factory pulls it right up :lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
Condemned was nuts :lol:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2011, 12:56:14 AM »
Best FF villian.

Kefka is a psychotic fuck who's only desire is to end everything.  He becomes the God of Magic, for crying out loud. 

That being said, my favorite game in the series was actually 9.  The FMVs were fantastic.  The
(click to show/hide)
practically made the game, for me.  I enjoyed 6 through 10, though.

Scotty

• AR LATE NIGHT CLUB
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
Honestly, I couldn't get into Mass Effect.  The story just bored me.  Perhaps it's because I played the second and not really the first, I dunno.

Also Meaty; SC2 story line is shit.  God I hate it so much  :lol:
Please, please, please, let me get what I want. Lord knows it would be the first time.
Quote from: sponty
I have no taste and blow dogs for quarters.
"in the depths were old ones lie, perhaps death itself may one day die"

Cy

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2011, 03:10:03 AM »
I couldnt get into anything past 7, I bought 8 and only played maybe an hour into it and just didnt get it. I couldnt figure out where to go or who to talk to, didnt understand what things I was collecting or how they help or how the magic system worked. It just didnt feel like final fantasy to me anymore. Plus it all started making the characters look all trendy and weird to me.

Too show how little Ive cared about anything past 7, I cant believe they put wings on Alexander. He doesnt need them, hes badass enough as some sort machine/lost city/esper thing.  They need to just remake 6 in 3d, not mess with the characters looks, like not making them all skinny and emoish with trendy anime hair dos, add some new dungeons and side quests like from the remake on gameboy advanced. I mean the last boss battle is just epic, with an orchestra playing dancing mad and kefka and the tower of gods in 3d, itd be insane.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2011, 03:22:23 AM »
Best FF villian.

Kefka is a psychotic fuck who's only desire is to end everything.  He becomes the God of Magic, for crying out loud.  

That being said, my favorite game in the series was actually 9.  The FMVs were fantastic.  The
(click to show/hide)
practically made the game, for me.  I enjoyed 6 through 10, though.

Evidently Kefka was normal until he was a "willing" volunteer for Magitek infusion. This does lead one to believe that at some point, things began to go wrong and people stood by and did nothing (very much like Sephiroth's situation). Somewhere I thought I remembered a dialogue where he told someone he had a dream a clown was going to drive him insane, but I don't remember fully. However, these theories are argued by someone from Konami who says that he was just evil for the sake of being evil. I don't know where a good source for the character history would be that would be verified by the Word of God so if you do know, I'd like to take a look.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2011, 03:27:17 AM »
I couldnt get into anything past 7, I bought 8 and only played maybe an hour into it and just didnt get it. I couldnt figure out where to go or who to talk to, didnt understand what things I was collecting or how they help or how the magic system worked. It just didnt feel like final fantasy to me anymore. Plus it all started making the characters look all trendy and weird to me.

Too show how little Ive cared about anything past 7, I cant believe they put wings on Alexander. He doesnt need them, hes badass enough as some sort machine/lost city/esper thing.  They need to just remake 6 in 3d, not mess with the characters looks, like not making them all skinny and emoish with trendy anime hair dos, add some new dungeons and side quests like from the remake on gameboy advanced. I mean the last boss battle is just epic, with an orchestra playing dancing mad and kefka and the tower of gods in 3d, itd be insane.

Cy, if they made 6 like 7 in play/format, I would sit for several days with minimal sleep and beat the fuck out of it. I just can't do the tiny 1" 8-bit character things. But, you'll be happy to know that I've been sitting in the Wikia for like a day now. My roommate just told me we have it on the Wii so I will probably replay it here soon. I might come back and bitch about various things that I need help with. :lol:

I really just want to see this guy go wild.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2011, 03:37:27 AM »
Evidently Kefka was normal until he was a "willing" volunteer for Magitek infusion. This does lead one to believe that at some point, things began to go wrong and people stood by and did nothing (very much like Sephiroth's situation). Somewhere I thought I remembered a dialogue where he told someone he had a dream a clown was going to drive him insane, but I don't remember fully. However, these theories are argued by someone from Konami who says that he was just evil for the sake of being evil. I don't know where a good source for the character history would be that would be verified by the Word of God so if you do know, I'd like to take a look.

Yeah, he was the first person to be infused with Magitek iirc.  It gave him his powers, but warped his mind terribly.  I just always liked how fucking crazy he was, and he does have some memorable quotes.  That and the "Light of Judgement" just complete him for me.  

And I don't know anything about his development beyond what happens in FF6 and what I've read about Dissidia.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 04:06:14 AM »
I do agree that they did not focus on any of the shit that happened before him, and I like that aspect because it makes it very hard for you to empathize.

I read a fanfic (I know) about Celes being dumped from her command, and this passage right here just freaked me out and made me want to learn more about the game.

The last time Celes and Terra had spoken was two years past, just after Kefka took the girl to be his apprentice. Even then, she'd been a changed person. She had become cold and distant, ignoring all but the most direct of questions. They had been at the Iron Palace in Vector and Celes had just returned from Doma, where she had been an aide to General Christophe's embassy there. Terra had ignored her, instead sitting beside Kefka, idly creating fire at the tips of her fingers and pressing them against a small, furry creature she held in her hand. The thing was alive, although it didn't make a sound when Terra pressed the flames into it's fleshy feet. As Kefka left and took his apprentice with him, Celes caught sight of the creature; it was a baby Lobo, it's eyes and mouth covered in burn tissue. Celes shuddered at the memory. The Terra she remembered had been stolen and in her place was a soulless thing that had betrayed not only the Empire but the friendship they had forged as children. Whatever Kefka had done to her, the Terra she remembered was dead.

From here.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
Honestly, I couldn't get into Mass Effect.  The story just bored me.  Perhaps it's because I played the second and not really the first, I dunno.

Definitely not helping. You really should play the first game to get a grasp on the storyline. The second game really is a sequel. I mean, it can be played on its own, but it doesn't have the same impact to it because you don't have the previous friendships from the first game that tie you into the second.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Cy

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »
Cy, if they made 6 like 7 in play/format, I would sit for several days with minimal sleep and beat the fuck out of it. I just can't do the tiny 1" 8-bit character things. But, you'll be happy to know that I've been sitting in the Wikia for like a day now. My roommate just told me we have it on the Wii so I will probably replay it here soon. I might come back and bitch about various things that I need help with. :lol:

I really just want to see this guy go wild.

Mog is pleased

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
Oh yeah, and when I found it I get a Mog in my party I did the Mog dance complete with the squeaking. My roommate was like :lol: why do you know that

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »
Holy shit, Cy, even TV Tropes references your rubber band trick. Can you explain this to me in more detail?

Cy

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
After you complete Mt. Kolts and get Sabin, you go to the returners hideout and meet the leader Bannon. After a dialouge you go on a raft into the river rapids. As you travel theres 2 or 3 spots where you choose a direction, on the last one you choose either left or up, choosing up just makes you go in a full circle. Heres where you do the trick...

Bannon has a speacil "heal" ability that restores HP to everyone without costing MP. So he can cast this as many times as you want. You put him in the back row only using heal and having the others attack. In the options menu you can set the cursor to memory, which will automatically put the cursor or finger pointer thing on what action you did last. So everyone will be set to attack and Bannon to heal instead of attack and edgar to use his auto crossbow in tools.

After thats set you had to use a turbo controller because on the snes just holding A button wouldnt keep confirming, the turbo made it act like you were pressing it over and over really fast so you just put a weight or rubber band on the controller to hold down the A button. Once its held down, you automatically travel the rapids so theres no direction button needed, your cursor is set to memory so in battles Bannon auto heals everyone every turn, everyone else attacks automatically and after a certain level, like 15ish its mathematically impossible to die with the constant healing.  And you keep choosing up to go in a circle so it basically only ends when you want it too. As long as the button is held down by a weight or rubber band and the game is running you can max out everyone in the parties levels. But since this is so early in the game it ruins it. Skip to 4min mark in this video to get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbpwVoXH9Q

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
I remember why I never could keep the characters apart. I named all of the men up until that point things like Brosef, DudeBro, and Broseiden. :lol: Thanks for the break-down. I don't know how to get my hands on a turbo controller though. I HAVE an SNES so I could always skip the WII and use my console. I wonder..

Cy

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2011, 04:49:44 AM »
Even though Sabin is my favorite character, he could totally pass as a bro. When I was a kid I always named him after me :x

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:02 AM »
Got sick of racing Chocobos and doing side-quests so I went after Sephiroth. It's 4:07 AM and I've just configured my three parties. Main party consists of Cloud, Yuffie, and Red (back row with long-range). They are all level 99. Second party consists of Cid as the leader with Barret and Cait Sith next. Cid is 99, Barret is 95 and Cait Sith is 91. Third party is Tifa and Vincent at 84 and 91, respectively. I do not have W-Summon, Mime, Quadra-Magic, or Knights of the Round. Everyone is 9999x999 and they all have their final limits learned.

My materia setup is NASTY. :lol: I don't think it will let me check it again but if it does I will totally post it for you so you can see. I'm about to run a train on this bitch. I have abused THE SHIT out of the Enemy Skill materias. I just learned Pandora's Box ON ALL FOUR also (so happy about that, since it only gets cast ONCE a game). Basically my strategy is to Magic Hammer this cocksucker until he has no MP and then lean on him hard with my Ultima+W-Magic combinations. Wish me luck, boys!

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 06:19:43 AM »
Holy shit :lol: Remember how I said Coin was useless? I just hit him for 590K DAMAGE AHAHAHAHA FARMING FTW I HAVE LIKE 4MIL GIL

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2011, 06:27:56 AM »
Update. That took 20 minutes because his summon took 10. :lol: What a fucking pathetic boss battle

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2011, 06:56:24 AM »
20 minutes?! O.o

I remember playing for a good +45 minutes my first time...of course, you have everything maxed, soooo...:lol:

Isn't W-magic+Quadra Magic+Ultima fucking awesome?
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:08 AM »
I wouldn't know. I don't have Quadra Magic.

I basically did this:

Put RedXIII in the back row with Long Range materia; Yuffie has a fucking stupid high dexterity so a lot of Sephiroth's attacks missed her :lol:

Cast Regen + Haste using W-Magic
 Cast Big Guard
 Cast Magic Hammer (x6 or 7; I had counter on everyone so whenever he'd actually hit them, they'd hit back) until I drained down his MP
 Cast Ultima (+ Added Cut)
 Cast Ultima (+ HP Absorb or MP Absorb, depending on who was equipped)
 Cast Ultima x2 (W-Magic) (+Added cut x2)
 Summoned Bahamut-Zero (+HP or MP Absorb, just don't remember which)
 Physical attacks (x4 cut, x2 cut;  everyone dealt 8000+ damage with every strike)

The 20 minute fight included Bizarro Sephiroth and Safer-Sephiroth. And again, about 10 minutes of that is his fucking Supernova attack, which nearly gave me a TPK and did drop Cloud for about 10 seconds, until I Phoenix Down + Megalixered my party. Idiot put everyone into limit except for Cloud, who wasted off as soon as it happened.

So, it went resurrect Cloud, Megalixer, All Creation, Howling Moon, and then Yuffie took a chip-shot x2 strike with her Shiruken and Sephiroth was done.

Aside from the very beginning of the battle where I used coin for 59k damage (it had to have been 59k) which knocked out 3 of the 5 elements of Bizarro Sephiroth, that was literally ALL I did. The thing about the Sephiroth battle is that it's unique to your party at the time. From what I understand he matches Cloud in level and ability, but I had Yuffie and RedXIII, who I'd been feeding X-Sources to for the last day or so (Gelnika with Yuffie + Morph = all the sources you can imagine!) to raise their basic stats, so while he was a match for Cloud, he got fucking tag-teamed by two Level 99 members whose ultimate weapons hit for 9999 damage x4 and x2, respectively.

Yeah. I'm pretty fucking happy with myself. I'm gonna beat up on him again tomorrow so my roommate can see the end of the game. Then I can get an actual list of what materia I had equipped.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:32:27 AM by dotCom »

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
Okay (I must have equipped QUADRA POST materia)

(* signifies a mastered materia)

Cloud: LV 99/HP 9999/MP 999
 Weapon: Ultima Weapon (Ultima*+Added Cut*) (Double-Cut*+Counter Attack*) (Comet*+Destruct*) (Enemy Skill+Enemy Skill)
 Armor: Mystile (Bahamut Zero*+MP Absorb*) (Neo Bahamut*+HP Absorb*) (HP Plus*+MP Plus*)

Yuffie LV 99/HP 9999/MP 999
 Weapon: Conformer (Double-Cut+Counter Attack*) (Ultima*+Added Cut*) (Enemy Skill + W-Item) (Throw*+W-Magic)
 Armor: Mystile (Time*+All*) (Restore*+All*) (HP Plus*+Speed Plus*)

RedXIII LV 99/HP 9999/MP 99
  Weapon: Limited Moon (Added Effect*+Hades*) (Counter Attack*+Double Cut*) (Enemy Skill+Long Range*) (Magic Plus*+Alexander*)
  Armor: Mystile (Ultima*+MP Absorb*) (Phoenix*+HP Absorb) (HP Plus*+Luck Plus*)

Hades + Added Effect in a Weapon slot is arguably one of the best least-talked about materia chains in FFVII. It allows me to poison, confuse, silence, sleep, mini, etc most enemies I hit. Even if they're immune to one or two, they still take the other three or four it will deal. Paired in an Armor slot, it acts as a rigged Ribbon, protecting against everything except for Death/Paralyze/Stone.

I also picked up Pandora's Box and Angel Whisper at the last minute.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:29:43 PM by dotCom »

Cy

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
Are you going to try something like a low level run on the game?