Author Topic: Entire Sunday: Gone  (Read 50249 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Re: Entire Sunday: Gone
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
I fell asleep at like, 830 last night after almost dying in battle due to passing out at the controls. I just woke up and guess what I'm doing! All that's left on my list is what I have to Master!

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
You've managed to do what I did in over six months, in a few days. :lol:
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
Okay, everything is Mastered except for Long Range, which I just got from the mines, and Counter Attack, which I just wanted to have three of.

I still need to pick up various other materias, but for the Magic materia I'm only shy Shield, Full Cure, and Ultima. I'm about to get Ultima and Full Cure, and Shield I don't get until the Northern Crater. Once that's done, I can take them all to the Huge Materia at Cosmo Canyon and let them "talk". It'll then give me a Master Magic materia which has every magic materia wrapped up into one single magic materia.

Oh yeah, and everyone is at level 75 except for Cid, who is at level 87. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:34:37 PM by dotCom »

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
You are a freak.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
I get jelly with every new update in this thread. :lol:

I'mma buy it again come tax return. :yup:
-Chris-

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »
Shit, I just won Leviathan and found HP Absorb. So now I have 4 unmastered, and I'm about to get Ultima. Fuck. :lol:

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »
:lol: Hooboy. So, I killed Diamond and Ultimate Weapon, got the sub, got all the shit off of the Gelnika, and now I'm.. I think I'm heading for the Northern Crater. But I'm back at Mideel, leveling suck-ass Cloud and Tifa up. :lol: Cid is at like level 92 now; I have him the party because he's got a triple-growth materia weapon. So, Phoenix, Hades, and Bahamut Zero, and some other various stuff (Ultima, again, Double-Cut, Slash All) is gaining speed. But everything else is mastered. And with this nifty level tag system, except for Cloud and Tifa, everyone in the party is hovering around level 89 now, because they evidently don't NOT level up if they hang out in the PHS queue.

So, that being said I've been nerding out and watching YouTube videos of this thing called Crisis Core, which evidently is a serious tearjerker with Zack but true to the FFVII story. So, there's a new game I have to find. Fuck. I didn't even finish this one yet.

Mick

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 12:34:58 AM »
Woot, just set the computer up to play my old psx games, and I still have ff7 and ff8 so now i get to play those again :)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »
I know why I stopped fucking playing this game. I became totally obsessed with it. You should see my Firefox right now. I have like, 30 tabs open with FFVII Wikias, merchandise, photos, YouTube videos... Oh god, I'm writing a fanfic. Help me.

Cy

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »
VI was better, but I loved VII too

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 09:06:20 AM »
Everything is mastered except for the materia I need a mountain-specific chocobo for. I bred and got a fucking blue one, so I'm going to have another go, and then I guess I'll just give up and try for a black one. Need Mime and fucking KOTR!

Cid is pwr lvl 99 :lol:

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 10:25:55 AM »
Once you get Mime, limit breaks will be 1000000x more effective when you can do them over and over again. :lol:
-Chris-

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »
Right now, I have need of Tifa's final break and I believe that is it. Oh, and Vincent. I tried to get it earlier but that bitch went back behind the waterfall chair thing and I realized I couldn't get it until disc 3. I have basically been leveling/mastering everyone a fuckton so that I can just make the rest of the game a walk.

I am seriously starting to realize how tragic it is, though. When I was younger I didn't understand a lot of what was going on, but with the ability to read the Word of God regarding Crisis Core, Advent, Dirge, etc... I'm really just left with a dark feeling about the entire game. I think it's because I am so attached to the characters that it bothers me so much.

Sephiroth went crazy, killed everyone he ever had any attachment to, then began murdering at random (at the behest of Jenova who had disintegrated his rationality into a 28-inspired rage, and was put down by the man who idolized him the most at the end. When I first played the game I thought he was an awesome villain, but a very unsympathetic one. Now I'm just displeased with Hojo as a whole so I intend to fully whoop his ass in the next few days after I raid the Shinra building one last time and move on to disc 3 to put Sephiroth out of his misery.

There is a reason that man is voted as the #1 Villain in the gaming polls nearly every time, and I don't think it's because of the swooning the fangirls did. The FF franchise can try, but they won't compose one that tops him. The more the games go back and recreate the pre-cursors, the more I'm firmly believing it.

Don't even get me started on the heroes of the game, though. I want to play Crisis Core, but I'm positive I will be sobbing at the end. This series set had a habit of making you attach yourself to a character and then killing them, just like the guy who writes the fucking Halo books.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
There's a lot of people who feel differently, Kristene. Loads of people absolutely hate FFVII and say it was one of the worst of the series. I think otherwise. FFVII was the first FF game I played and I loved it. I was pretty young at the time, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 01:21:28 PM »
I'm very aware a lot of people dislike it, but that's the way it is with anything that picks up momentum. The moment a lot of people like it, the people who don't will yell twice as loud about why they think it's stupid and why people who like it are stupid. Fortunately, it's simply an opinion-based argument that can't be proven because it's a matter of taste. :)

I played one other Final Fantasy series game aside from 10, which I absolutely abhorred; I don't know what its rightful number was, but I had Celes and Terra in my party. I think that is the one with Kefka but I'm not sure; I didn't get far enough before I decided that I really just couldn't tolerate the slow gameplay. I've been reading on Kefka after seeing that he's supposed to be pretty bad, but Dissidia seems to address it a little more. It's accepted that he's the only FF villain to ever want to be a god and then actually be a god. I think people are forgetting that the villain can't always win at the end of the game, or you'll just piss more people off. :lol:

In regards to 7's storyline, I read that one of the guys on board had suffered the loss of his mother and creation ground down pretty badly because of it. He ended up working into the story the huge losses the party faces, and then trying to show the spirit is strong by overcoming the loss and continuing the journey. Initially I used to laugh when Aeris died, but the more backstory I read, the more it bothers the living shit out of me. Not as much as Zack' death, but it's fairly grating.

I think the problem is my attachment to the characters. If I could find another in the series which had characters I really liked so much, I'd be willing to give it a go. Unfortunately the one I did play which is heralded as the "best" from a lot of people happened to be one I stopped playing after about 5-6 hours because I just couldn't get involved enough with it. I don't know if it's because the plot of 7 is the End All Be All for me or if it was the game itself or what. I tried playing X and I hated it, too; I really do not like the assigned roles of the party members that I ran into. Oh, and I tried to play FFI as well, but that definitely didn't get very far.

This really is one of the reasons I had to quit playing. I get so wrapped up in gameplay that any other game I try to play gets a constant comparison to it. It's like not even fair in the least; when I tried to play the other one with Terra it was a significant while ago, so enough time to have distanced between it and 7. I just couldn't get into it. Also, Kefka is a fucking clown, and he's about an inch tall, so no, not a scary villain to me.

Mick

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
There's a lot of people who feel differently, Kristene. Loads of people absolutely hate FFVII and say it was one of the worst of the series. I think otherwise. FFVII was the first FF game I played and I loved it. I was pretty young at the time, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Most of my friends that have played it think its a toss up between7 &10 on being the best. I disliked 10. And most of my friends have played every FF released here up until 10 2.

Edit: Celes and Terra were in 6 I believe, cant remember if that was originally released as 2 or 3 here though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:36:48 PM by Mick »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
Sephiroth only got voted best villain because of all the sweaty hambeast fangirls out there to schlick to fapfics about him every night, and because of all the Otherkin that believe/wish they were him. He was a well written character, but far from the most awesome bad guy to ever appear in a vidya game.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Mick

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
Sephiroth only got voted best villain because of all the sweaty hambeast fangirls out there to schlick to fapfics about him every night, and because of all the Otherkin that believe/wish they were him. He was a well written character, but far from the most awesome bad guy to ever appear in a vidya game.

But he had is own bad ass theme song done by orchestra. that has to count for something.  ;) :mrgreen:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
It does....I guess :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Cy

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »
I played one other Final Fantasy series game aside from 10, which I absolutely abhorred; I don't know what its rightful number was, but I had Celes and Terra in my party. I think that is the one with Kefka but I'm not sure; I didn't get far enough before I decided that I really just couldn't tolerate the slow gameplay. I've been reading on Kefka after seeing that he's supposed to be pretty bad, but Dissidia seems to address it a little more. It's accepted that he's the only FF villain to ever want to be a god and then actually be a god. I think people are forgetting that the villain can't always win at the end of the game, or you'll just piss more people off. :lol:

The one with Terra and Celes is 6. It was released here in the US on the SNES as 3. Im as into 6 as you are into 7. I know every secret and glitch there is to that game. Over the years Ive played through it almost every way possible. From solo character runs to low level runs. 7 is my second favorite but I never got into the characters that much. The only ones that I felt were unique were Barret and Red. Sephiroth is ok but hes nowhere near Kefkas level IMO. To me hes just some genetically engineered emo with a mom complex.

In 6, I was attached to nearly every character and some of them had a mysterious past that was never explained so you got to use your imagination and pick up what few hints were left in the game. Besides all that, it had some of the most epic music put into a game, even just running on SNES sound. I always listen to orchestrated versions of the songs on youtube.

I'll admit the gameplay can seem slow, but thats how rpgs were back in its day. Compared to others from its time, its actually a little fast paced. Also if you ever play it again, its not till the 2nd half when things really start to get good. Besides Mog is fuckin boss

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
Damn that Mog is looking pretty boss. :lol:

Meaty, maybe, but the same can be said about Kerrigan, too.

Cy, you said that 6 was fast for you? I just kept feeling like I had no idea what was going on. It was like... it's hard to explain. I got the concept of the story as I saw it. I think I got as far as the king and the water rapids (if that makes sense; my memory is patchy these days). I kept getting the king killed off and I was becoming more and more pissed off. Eventually I think I lost to a degree where the remote was hovering dangerously close to the TV screen. Now, I have been told by several friends that 6 was ultimately their favourite of all they had played, and these are people who had played at that point up until 12 or thereabouts. They were very sensitive to Terra and her quest, the story of the Espers, et cetera. I really tried to get into it, but I found it to be clunky if that makes any sense.

I will admit that part of my issue came with the format of the game. Since playing games on the PS3 and XBox for the last year or two now, I was a little spoiled by the graphics. Now, 7 doesn't have the best graphics, but like a Link to the Past, it's something I wasted years of my life on therefor I'm just adapted to it. Trying to force myself to play a game for the benefit of knowing why others liked it so much, then running into all of these little things that made me not inclined to want to finish it...

But evidently Dissidia does feature aspects from 6 in it, as it contains Chaos and Cosmos, and warriors from each of the series' trying to battle it. As for Sephiroth being a mama's boy - many of the people who called that didn't understand the actual information as it was being fed to them, or never found the parts in the game where it was explained. Sephiroth wasn't actually doing all of it for his "mother"; the Jenova cells in his body had basically broken his mind down using any way they could poison him to control his abilities and free itself. He is a sympathetic villain, but he killed with his own hand the two people who could have stopped the rest of it from happening before he even had a chance to let them help. If there was any part of him still existing after he'd been driven mad by the consciousness in the lifestream, the only way to help him at that point was to kill him.

Also, hambeast. :lol:

Cy

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 06:35:24 PM »
I know the area your talking about. The thing is, a lot of these older rpgs required level grinding. My first time playing through 7 I didnt do much grinding at all, I beat it on level, 50 or 60 I think. But then I played through doing all the secret bosses and stuff and maxed out everyone. In 6 though, it helps to grind up a couple levels before every quest. My first time through 6 usaully went like, find new quest, get killed trying to nab everything, restart, grind, complete quest rinse and repeat.

I guess I hold it so near and dear because I got it when it was new, it was the 7 of its time. Games before this had cartoony looking enemies with so so music, then came 6 with its extremely detailed and artistic enemies that were beyond anything seen until then and its awesome music. At first it is clunky, but, Id bet money that if you watched me play it, youd think it flows smoothly.

On a final note, you were so close to the game starting to get good. On those rapids theres a little glitchy area where you can choose to keep making the raft go in circles and fight enemies. Using Bannon (the guy you cant let die) heal every turn and everyone else attacking, after about level 10 or so using this combo its impossible for anyone to die, you just set the cursor to memory and hold down A while and just let it run. Back in the snes days I had a turbo controller and I just but a weight on the A button, set it to turbo and let the game run overnight. Next day my characters were at level 50... :lol:

You were also close to one of the funniest bosses in the game, an octopus named Ultros who constantly shit talks you and tentacle slaps you. And the story behind magic, espers, Terra and the empire was about to pick up as well after 3 or 4 major quests.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »
Kerrigan is bullshit....I played the hell out of the original Star Craft, didn't have a computer that would run SC2 so I just read all the fluff stuff to see what happens with the story...and well...Kerrigan is bullshit :lol:

My favorite villain of recent memory is probably Saren/Reapers from Mass Effect...something about giant living spaceships that can possess even the galaxy's most bad ass of soldiers and then make them go all Hitler is kinda creepy...plus the ending with Saren trying to become an hero because of what he's done and then what the Reapers do to him is fucking rough.

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 05:04:11 AM »
Never played Mass Effect but I heard it's creepy as shit. I will have to look into it.

Cy, yeah! I let the dude die and I was SO FUCKING MAD I launched my controller opposite the couch and called it a day. I really didn't understand a lot about the game play and I admit that, so when I did try to farm for enemies I just kept fucking up. I think the only reason I even got good at 7 was because I did watch someone else play for about 5 hours before I ever tried to play on my own. I think I would need to do that again before I could have another go at it. I just don't know anyone willing to sit down and play it. :lol:

You are making me want to give it another try though. I think I still have my game saved, but our media computer went to shit again and I can't access it. Feelsbadman.jpg  I have tried reading about the Espers on the Fantasy Wikia but I don't think it's as good as seeing it in the game. With 7, I played the game several times, and am only NOW learning about shit that I didn't know before - but because I was familiar enough with the story it made sense. When I try to read up on the version we're talking about, which I guess is 6 (US 3?) I just get confused.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:04 AM »
I wouldn't say Mass Effect is creepy, but it is a fantastic series of games so far with the second being even better than the first. I think you'd probably like it if you're into 3rd person shooters. The storyline is compelling, the Paragon/Renegade system does a pretty good job, and the fact that your actions from the first game transfer into the second is just awesome. Plus, there is so much back history and information to read about in-game that I was absolutely amazed at the amount of time and detail put into the game.