Author Topic: Entire Sunday: Gone  (Read 20998 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Entire Sunday: Gone
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »
Yeah. I've been sitting here ALL DAY playing FFVII. Anyone else like this game a little too much? I try to ignore the fact that Cloud and Aeris/Aerith were the biggest launcher of a thousand ship ever.

So far I've mastered about 8 different material; Mystify, All (which I sold for 1.4 million gil back when I was level like, 38 hahaha), and some other shit which I'll add when I'm not stuck in this goddamn flashback. I've been saving right before all of the good FMVs,
(click to show/hide)
so far. I'm on Disc 2 currently but it's saved onto our harddrive for the PS3, so I had a fucking moment of panic when I couldn't figure out how to swap discs. It only took me a minute, but that was a terrifying minute of thinking I was stuck on Disc 1 forever.

Been farming like a motherfucker, but I kind of fucked myself because it randomly forces people into the party at times, so when it made me use Tifa for the Whirlwind Maze I was super pissed; she's like 15 levels under Cloud and RedXIII.

Also, I renamed Vincent to Batman and Cid to Mr. Fluffy. It's pretty awesome considering Vincent's voice in Dirge of Cerberus. So when you get him, he says, "I'm...Batman." :D

Way, way too much fun.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:54:38 AM by dotCom »

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
Re: Entire Sunday: Gone
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:03:10 AM »
Damnit...I need to find another copy of FFVII to play. It's been years since I played. I remember getting the Mimic materia and having Cloud do Omnislash over and over and over again on tough bosses. :lol:
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »
Just download it.

edit: Wait, you can use Mime on limit breaks?!

I need to find the W-Item Materia so I can make 99 of everything I own. I was going to go get Whataburger but I decided to make tatertots instead so I didn't have to leave the house. I made the mistake of telling this to Juan, who texts back with "Venom give me your tots." :lol: Fucking Napoleon Dynamite.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:44:47 AM by dotCom »

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:10:09 AM »
Yep, you can mimic limit breaks. :yup:

Also, I had nasty support materia combos. One of my favorites:

Have W-magic equipped, have have Quadra Magic linked to Ultima. Quadra magic casts the linked materia four times, and the effect of W-magic makes that happen twice. So the result is eight Ultima spells in one turn. ;) :yup:
-Chris-

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:18:55 AM »
My main problem is that I can't work a Chocobo for shit. I'm not good catching them, I'm not good breeding them, and I can't race them. Since you need specialty Chocobos to get like, six of the various materias, including Knights of the Round, I always end up short.

Right now I'm in Mideel leveling everyone up. Annoying bitch Tifa is staying with wheelchair-bound Cloud so I've got Mr. Fluffy, Red, and Barrett in my party. Fucking Fluffy and Barrett are still at level 1 on their limits. Red is at 2, and I have been using him to kill EVERYTHING so how I haven't killed 80 enemies so far is beyond me.

Edit: Spoke to soon. Barrett just went to 2. Now he's in Fury and I'm whoring him out. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:21:11 AM by dotCom »

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:10:03 AM »
And I just realized why Red isn't leveling his break. He already gained level 3 god knows how long ago. :lol: Fuck. I've probably wasted about 3 hours of my life trying to figure out why I can't kill enough people with him.

Netforce

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »
Damn, Chocobos...now I really gotta reach back. :lol:

I remember breeding the Chocobos, the special types came about when you fed them certain greens while they got it on. But, I can't remember anything for the life of me. The racing I hated, I won the few odd times, but the specialty breeds gave you the edge. It was more frustrating than it was worth to me, but I managed to get just the purple and blue Chocobos, enough to nab the Mimic and Quadra Magic hiding spots.

Ahh, Barrett's limit breaks were some of my favorites. You think Fury is cool, just wait until you get Satellite. His 4th, Catastrophe is devastating too.

Since you're around Mideel, I'm guessing you've encountered the Lake Cobra, yet? If you have Enemy Skill materia, you can learn his devastating attack, "Beta".
-Chris-

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
-Chris-

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »
Damn, Chocobos...now I really gotta reach back. :lol:

I remember breeding the Chocobos, the special types came about when you fed them certain greens while they got it on. But, I can't remember anything for the life of me. The racing I hated, I won the few odd times, but the specialty breeds gave you the edge. It was more frustrating than it was worth to me, but I managed to get just the purple and blue Chocobos, enough to nab the Mimic and Quadra Magic hiding spots.

Ahh, Barrett's limit breaks were some of my favorites. You think Fury is cool, just wait until you get Satellite. His 4th, Catastrophe is devastating too.

Since you're around Mideel, I'm guessing you've encountered the Lake Cobra, yet? If you have Enemy Skill materia, you can learn his devastating attack, "Beta".

I'm actually leveled out with Barrett. I'm about to go to Corel for the Huge Materia and pick up his final break. In the meantime I've got Cid topped off, Red is memorized, and I'm working on Cait Sith and Yuffie now. I really, really hate Vincent's limit breaks, so I'll probably avoid them. He's a powerful character but the fact that he deals a fire-based attack in berserk mode for the duration of the battle isn't cool. I've had TPKs because of that fucker more than once.

If you mean the Midgard Zolom, that's back on the other continent outside of the Chocobo Ranch. I went back with Enemy Skill and picked Beta up for two of them, but then I got two more. I'm not really keen on filling them all out though. I do need to go back because I need to get the Long Range materia in the Mythril Mines. Chris missed it when he played before.

Currently have everything but some helping blue materia and all red materia mastered. I've been playing this game for almost 24 goddamn hours. :lol:

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
IIRC, you have to kill a certain amount of enemies to reach certain limit breaks. I used to have a killer strategy guide for this game. Probably find it online somewhere. Versus made it, I think...
-Chris-

Mick

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 10:48:34 AM »
Was one of my favorite rpgs ever, great game, beat it like 3 times each file had over 100hours in it. Been playing one of my other favorite rpgs lately though which is Secret of Mana for the SNES.  :mrgreen:

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 10:52:49 AM »
I've been playing VIII and IX again.

Beat them both numerous times. Awesome games. I need to get my hands on VII though.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
I've been playing VIII and IX again.

Beat them both numerous times. Awesome games. I need to get my hands on VII though.

IX took me awhile to get sucked in. It's release took me by surprise, as I remember ALL the hype with VIII coming out, it really overshadowed IX.

Gah, I want to play that game again.
-Chris-

Sarb

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »
I'm just gonna leave this here. 

I have FFVII but I've never really played it much.  I always think I'm missing something important, and it'll fuck me later in the game so I always end up leaving it unfinished.  I really need to play Legend of Dragoon all the way through, that was always a fun game.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
I'm just gonna leave this here.

YES.

Also, I noticed FFIIV's release date on the link. My god, I can't believe this game is almost 14 years old. I remember like it was yesterday when it first came out and the craze over it.
-Chris-

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »
Oh, I have two Walkthroughs open. Actually, here's what I'm running:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/33519
http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/ff7_limits.php
http://www.cheatscodesguides.com/playstation-cheats/final-fantasy-vii/
http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/ff7_eskills.php
http://rinoachan.tripod.com/ff7map.gif
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/w_magic.php?spell=Chocobuckle
http://www.uffsite.net/ff7/materias.php
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mythril_Mines_%28Final_Fantasy_VII%29
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/accessories.php

The FFVII Shrine actually has a mistake for the Limit Break for Cait Sith. With him, you do NOT need to use "Dice" 8 times to move up to the next limit break level. You have to kill ~40-80 enemies.

So, right now in the game I'm pre-disc three and no chocobos.

Right now, the ONLY shit I have not mastered is:
 Long Range
 Counter Attack
 Leviathan (nothing)
 HP Absorb (nothing)

All of these will be leveled up before I get off of this fucking couch. The ones without any indication only have one star left.

What I do have MASTERED, with spoiler tags.
(click to show/hide)

I have two completely untouched materias, Magic Plus and MP Turbo. Magic Plus I might just throw on someone later to have, but I have NEVER liked MP Turbo. The spells I DO use (Comet, for one) already cost a fuckton of MP, to boost the damage and sacrifice more to me isn't worth it. Nevermind, mastered two more so I had open slots for them. Will probably never use either again.

Anyways, onto the scheme I'm running:

So in Mideel I've been rotating my party out since Tifa and Cloud are both gone for the moment. Right now, the only two people who aren't ready to learn their final breaks are Vincent and Yuffie. Since Vincent's breaks rely on you killing enemies rather than using the break a certain number of times, I just have him hanging out. I hate his breaks so I'm basically just leveling him up and his breaks are a result of that. Yuffie I have equipped with a mastered Cover. This means that almost every time an enemy tries to attack Cid or Vincent, Yuffie takes the damage. I also have her with a mastered Counter-Attack. This means that every time she steps in to take that damage, she hits back and it doesn't count as a turn. I also have her in Fury, which is accomplished with a Hyper for those of you who don't know. Since the way to learn your breaks is to use the first one a certain amount of times, then kill a certain amount of enemies to progress, this method pretty much has me doing a bunch of nothing with my controller. So, basically, this is what happens:

Battle start
 Cast Regen with Cid
 Enemies attack
 Yuffie takes damage
 Yuffie counter attacks
 Yuffie regenerates lost health and eventually goes into her limit break
 Use limit break to kill all enemies

I never have to TOUCH the controller except to set up the Regen. And since everyone is double-slot growth on their materia right now and I'm pulling in between 240-360 AP EVERY BATTLE.. yeah. You can see how in under 24 hours I've mastered almost all of my available materia. :lol:

Clearly, I love this game. I will talk with you for hours about it. In fact, I will F5 the fuck out of this thread just to discuss it. +1 to all of you who are keeping me company :lol:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:17:45 PM by dotCom »

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
Now I really feel left out. :lol:

My tax return is coming soon, might nab a PS2 and a copy of FFVII.

The Mythrill Mines are perfect for racking up enemy kills for newer limit breaks.
-Chris-

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »
For low level stuff, yeah. The only reason I'm in Mideel instead of on the plains fighting 2-3 HP monsters is because the AP here, with my double growth, is between 480-720 per battle. The monsters all have regular bullshit physical attacks, and there are only two types of encounters - these guys, which are the ones that give you the most (they always attack in x3 or x4 formations), and these annoying things. Again, the AP is decent, but they all cast sleep and it's like a 30 second casting, so the battles just take forever. Plus, I only have 2 Ribbons right now so poor Cid always gets put to sleep. :lol:

All is next on my list to come off, followed by Comet, Throw, and another Elemental. The weapons/armor, with the exception of Cid's Javelin, are single-slots. So, I have materia that's supposed to be paired up just by itself. I mastered an All inside of 4 hours two days ago with Cloud on Mt. Nibelheim. I just put that fucker in a single-slot on its own and ran around farming. :lol:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »
Is this the one with that homo Mary Sue one winged Angel bad guy?
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »
Is this the one with that homo Mary Sue one winged Angel bad guy?

I'd say if anything Cloud is the Mary Sue. Sephiroth is supposed to have been created, which is something I'm only now beginning to grasp. I still don't get how Cloud was a clone and yet Tifa had a whole history with him. She constitutes as a lying bitch to me. Also, what really pisses me off about the story thus far is that after Aeris gets gone, the whole party, including Cloud, is in deep mourning, and yet they press on. Then Cloud flips his lid and goes AWOL, and they find him in Mideel as a vegetable. That being said, Tifa COMPLETELY ABANDONS the quest to SAVE THE FUCKING WORLD because she wants to stay with Vegetable Boy, because she can't bear the thought of him being so jacked up. So, basically, she learned absolutely nothing through the entire journey, the stupid bitch.

I really hate her. I try to use her as little as possible. Every time I play I have a different go-round with the party system. When I first began it was always Tifa, Cloud and Aeris. Then it was Tifa, Cloud and Vincent. The second time I played it was the same, except it was sans Tifa and with Cait Sith. Now, I'm kind of over all three of those fucks and I'm seeing the value of Red XIII and Cid a lot more. I still never use Barrett. I don't know why. Yuffie either. I just don't like them as much, which is funny because Yuffie has such a good ability with the Command Materia that she can Morph/Manipulate/etc almost effortlessly. She's the only one, for example, who, when using Morph, deals a full attack rather than 1/8 or whatever the status quo for damage is.

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
IX took me awhile to get sucked in. It's release took me by surprise, as I remember ALL the hype with VIII coming out, it really overshadowed IX.

Gah, I want to play that game again.

IX is my favorite.

X was subpar.
X2 was good for nothing but laughs (and female characters in skimpy clothing.... if that's your thing)

All the ones since are nothing but jokes.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 07:23:27 PM »
Omg. I've been playing this game for over 24 hours. I fell asleep twice running around the world map. :lol:

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
Yikes, woman. :lol:

You can take a break. :lol:
-Chris-