Author Topic: Post your worst vehicle!  (Read 9096 times)

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
Re: Post your worst vehicle!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »
The 1994 Explorer I bought for $300 to fix n flip. BIIIIIG mistake on that one. Old ass explorers aren't worth shit, especially with 200K on it and a light valvetrain rattle. Thing sat for YEARS after being abused by its former owner, never taken care of. I have put the following in the damn thing so far:

Battery
Valvecover gaskets
full tuneup
radiator and upper radiator hose
battery wire terminals
2 tires (1 new 1 used)

And then the damn thing springs a leak on the passenger side of the block, I think it's a freeze plug. Thing has been sitting for at least 8 months now waiting for me to fix that so I can sell it and hopefully make back the money I have in it. I'm not even hoping to make a profit anymore. Live and learn, I'll never pull a bonehead mistake like this again!
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
2wd by any chance? Enter it in your local "night of destruction", if there are any around.

AirForceOne

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 07:22:21 PM »
Now that I've sold it I can be honest... Had to be my 99' 2 door Tahoe.  It wasn't a bad truck, and had the potential to be a great truck.  It had so many gremlins it wasn't even funny.  It was always a crapshoot if it would start or not, the lights worked when they wanted to, the stereo did the same thing.  I enjoyed the truck, when it was running, but it spent more time in "maybe I'll start/maybe I won't" mode...  I think it had something to do with a botched winch removal (guy I bought it from said it had winch equipped when bought and he removed it.)

Alas, I still miss it though.

I may get another one day.

Gremlin

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 10:22:56 PM »
  It had so many gremlins it wasn't even funny.
I never came near, I swear! :P

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »
2wd by any chance? Enter it in your local "night of destruction", if there are any around.

Nah, 4x4. Don't really have much demo derbies around here. I just want my money back out of it, not willing to take an $800 hit, which is what I have in it so far.
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.