Author Topic: Post your House  (Read 3929 times)

Rocket 442

• Global Moderator
    • Staple Creative
Post your House
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »
I guess I'll start.

We bought this before we graduated college, one of the smartest things I've done to save money. Its a duplex and we live in the lower half, the upper half pays our mortgage.

I'll get some better pictures of the actual front of it this week. Heres what I've got for now. We enjoy it as our first house. Some of these were taken as we bought it, hence the lack of furniture.

Delta

• Torquemada 71
Re: Post your House
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
Nice house Andy, I love those old style mouldings; can't find craftsmanship like that anymore. :yup:

Here's mine, 1920's brick framed with an addition built in the 1940's which consisted of a master bedroom and bath and a carport.

Front yard last year, looks the same this year. You can see new windows I installed a couple years ago.

Backyard; this is the only picture I have of it. It's 3 years old and has changed a little bit. You can see the old single pane windows still installed.

Living room:

That's the only room I care to show at this moment, the rest of them are hodge-podge with repairs going on with the floors and walls :lol:
2017 VW Golf GTI - 6spd
2015 Toyota Camry SE
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD

ling427ttvette

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »

Back patio.. got a nice big awning covering the whole thing, and a good sized shed to the far left.

The awning, and some part of the shed..

Little more recent.

Got a few pictures of the inside, but nothing special really.. slowly working on it. For a first home, I'm more than happy. Although I'm ready to move in to something a little bigger, with a much bigger garage. We plan to stay here for a while though before we go anywhere.

Darcsun

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »
Hereís the house.  Kinda tiny, but we live downtown.  Weíre in one of the historic districts, with the two main art districts within walking distance.  The light rail is 7 blocks from us, and the stadiums are a 5 minute drive.

Pic out front today.

Out back.

Front room.

My office.

Hereís what the thing looked like when I moved in.

The entire area was pretty ghetto.  Iíve had a bit of help, but not much.  Iíve gutted the office, the two bed rooms, the bathroom, and obviously the garage.  Iíve done all the landscaping, except for the actual planting of the trees.  I actually put down 18 tons of rock with nothing more than a wheel barrel and a shovel.  The windows were rotted out, so we replaced them.  And the house needed to be painted pretty bad.  We still need to gut the kitchen and redo the roof, but that will wait until the wife finds a job.

MadFairlane

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »
When we bought it...

After I got hold of a chainsaw (shitty phone pic)

Made a Garden lol

We're 3/4s of the way through getting it all painted etc so we can sell up and buy a 5 bedroom house on 1 acre of land... So the dogs have somewhere to run around.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:38:19 PM by MadFairlane »
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

FrameScrape

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
5 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 car garage.
Raised Ranch, located in Rochester NY.

Darcsun

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »
Did some rearranging and got new furniture.  Ditched the cheap stereo cabinet I got in my 20's finally, replaced it with the open chinese thing. Moved my great-grandfathers stereo cabinet up front too... using it as a subwoofer box. 

71Caprice

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »
Home sweet home at MTU.

2013 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 KTM EXC 400

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO
2013 Scott Voltage FR30