Author Topic: Battle of the titans: Ford Taurus vs Honda Ridgeline  (Read 6261 times)

Gael

• Administrator
Battle of the titans: Ford Taurus vs Honda Ridgeline
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
I forgot to share this epic battle that occurred on Friday.

I was heading home on Friday after work, and was at a stoplight of a frontage road which led to the highway.  I was in the left straight lane, because I was going to get on to the highway to head back home.  I had a Honda Ridgeline behind me as I approached the stoplight, but he immediately hopped over next to me, to be the first one at the light.

I knew he was going to try to beat me off the light and jump in front of me at the on-ramp, but I was going to have none of it.  He kept creeping and creeping, as the light was still red.. I just kept watching to see when the light was going to change.

As soon as it went green, I floored it, and the 3 liters of SOHC fury of the Taurus were unleashed.  All the creeping seemed to mess up the Ridgeline's reaction time (:lol:), and it was all over just like that.. he changed lanes back behind me to get on the on-ramp as well, then proceeded to do the fly-by at about 10-15mph over the 65 speed limit, I suppose to try to help mend his bruised ego.

However, the joke was on me, as on Sunday, the Taurus had a cracked coolant recovery tank, which needed replacement.. it must have been due to this epic race, of course.. my manifold seems to be undamaged, however.  :lol:
Gael

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
Re: Battle of the titans: Ford Taurus vs Honda Ridgeline
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »
Clearly, the Ridgeline's Vtec never kicked in.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

01GPGT

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »
no it kicked in but as soon as i did he lost traction and just spun :lol:
2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT ram Air: Knock mod : 1 cylinder delete : rock salt wieght reduction

WARNING I CAN'T SPELL!!! nor will i try to correct it

sunshinestx

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:07 PM »
One time, I raced a corvette in my Tiburon.

At first, I was winning.

Then the owner of the Corvette started to put his foot on the gas.

Then, I lost.

ling427ttvette

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »
I've noticed that the people who always creep at the red lights, NEVER seem to go right when it turns green. They are creeping, decide to stop right as it turns green, and have atleast a 2 second delay before they are like O SHIT LIGHTS GREEN LOL.

I don't know why, but red light creepers irritate the absolute hell out of me. Where the fuck are you going to go?!

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12:15 PM »
I don't know why, but red light creepers irritate the absolute hell out of me. Where the fuck are you going to go?!

Ditto. They're always in one lane trying to get into another lane, so I always make sure to get in front of them asap. :lol:

AirForceOne

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
I've noticed that the people who always creep at the red lights, NEVER seem to go right when it turns green. They are creeping, decide to stop right as it turns green, and have atleast a 2 second delay before they are like O SHIT LIGHTS GREEN LOL.

May be trying to trigger the lights....

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »

I dated a signal tech in my old hometown and I learned the sequences and times for all of the lights that weren't pressure sensitive. You bet your ass I was, and still am, first off of the line every single time. I don't race, though, so that doesn't apply to any "mad killz" anymore.

Generally speaking, pressure sensors are operating after dark, or at least they did in Pensacola with the exception of some smaller intersections. During the day the lights are usually on a count because of the higher traffic volume. It'd be useful for me to catch a grid of this area and commit the sequences here to memory. You'd think it's a shit skill to have obtained, but damn it can be useful when you're in a hurry.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

ling427ttvette

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
I'm the same way with lights, I'm usually trying to be as timely as possible with my job, so I've got the stop lights down.

I've got a friend, that is the WORST with red lights. He used to drive a manual. When he would pull up to a red light, he would throw it in neutral, let the clutch out and pretty much just take his feet away from all pedals and sit there, and go into another fucking world. Looking around at the birds flying or something, I don't know. But, when the light would turn red.. he'd still be day dreaming, I would tell him it was green because by 2 seconds after it's green I'm going nuts, then he just casually clutches it and puts it in gear and goes about his business. He does this EVERY TIME. I don't ride with him.. it makes my blood pressure to high. :lol:

Nacho

• Ciggy butt brain
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »
I do the same, but I seem to have a green light intuition. I can always get it into gear and start to let the clutch out just as it turns green.

UberWasser

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
Yeah, drive stick long enough and you get a feel for when it's going to turn green. It's a sixth sense.

That, or just watch the opposing lights or walk signals...

But really, I try to coast up to lights so I don't have to come to a complete stop. I prefer to roll away in second gear. It sometimes irritates people, I think, which I don't really understand. It's not like they are going anywhere until it turns green anyway. This whole flying at full speed until the last second and slamming on the brakes to a complete stop business is just silly.