Author Topic: [CD] Times of Grace-The Hymm of a Broken Man  (Read 926 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[CD] Times of Grace-The Hymm of a Broken Man
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
Adam D and Jesse Leach have joined forces for this new project. For those that don't know Adam is the one of the current guitarists for Killswitch Engage, and Jesse is their former singer. I became a huge KsE fan right at the end of Jesse's tenure, shortly after Alive of Just Breathing was released. I continued to follow Jesse's post KsE work (Seemless and the amazing The Empire Shall Fall) so I was really pumped to hear this project. I am pretty much blown away by this album. As much as I love Howard Jones' voice, his lyrics have gotten really emo and stale...and Jesse's voice has become so much stronger than it was during his time in KsE. If this would have been released instead of The End of Heartache (which is one of my all time favorite albums) I think KsE would be even bigger than they currently are. Adam plays all the instruments on this album, as well as handling the production duties. The production is Adam's signature clean metalcore sound, and all the instrumentation is great, despite a couple seemingly recycled KsE riffs. Jesse's lyrics are as always, positive, powerful and timeless. Adam sings more on this album than I have heard him do previously which is cool because he has a nice voice that complements Jesse's well. This is a very good example of what both Adam and Jesse are capable of, and if Howard doesn't get his shit together...Jesse might find himself back in the KsE fold, which based on this album might not be a bad thing at all.

9.99/10
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.