Author Topic: Figure 8 Bus Race  (Read 1220 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Figure 8 Bus Race
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
Went to one tonight for the first time, holy crap it looks like so much fun.. I tried to get pics but it was just too dark. They also had a flagpole race, where each car has to do a mini-lap around a flag pole (tractor tire in this case) each lap. Had a figure 8 trailer race too where each car had to pull a trailer and keep at least 1 wheel or they were black flagged. That was entertaining, there was one big crash, one driver who was really crowd friendly and purposefully wrecking all of the debris on the track (also disabled his car doing so but he got the biggest standing ovation out of anyone), and the pussy who won was in an S10 doing his absolute best to avoid any sort of contact what-so-ever.

Sure, it's about racing, but the fans wanna see carnage... you may win the race but you'll be a hero if you deal out some damage.

One major collision in the bus figure 8, a bus got t-boned, knocked the driver out cold and he ran across the infield and hit the wall head on on the other side. Walked away but was taken to the hospital. Other than that, just some paint swapping.

They had a few rounds of pony stock racing and regular figure 8, too.

Pretty good night of entertainment for $15. If they have events like this near you, try to check one out sometime.

AMC

Re: Figure 8 Bus Race
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
I actually caught this on Speed late one night a few years back. I remember it being pure redneck awesomeness.  If you can find a place that hosts figure 8 bus racing and can get into it, please be sure to get some footage of it if you can.  Some of it gets pretty crazy.