Author Topic: 240sx vs Mid 90s Mustang Cobra.  (Read 12644 times)

Inabj2

Re: 240sx vs Mid 90s Mustang Cobra.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:47 AM »
Not at all, 

I was given a one day ban because I had an oppinion on the lexus LFA.

Its not my intention to be an ass (honest)  I am not sure why people perceive me to be an ass over a little pride and joy on my ugly heap, ill be the first one to admit its a heap of junk but I will also mention its merits.  I am not talking down on the corvette, that I beat quite badly or a stock GT500 that would suffer the same fate.  Nor would I pretend that my car is better then any of those cars either.  On the contrary Ill be the first to admit that both a GT500 and a corvette are both much superior cars then mine, (nicer, prettier, more reliable, etc etc)  then mine, but mine is still significantly faster then those cars, simply put because of superior power to weight ratio that it has.  A result of countless hours of labor I put into it, and money that I spent on it.

There is a certain joy to experience and sense of sastifaction when your own home made vehicle can beat something that very competent engineers designed to be very fast and formidable from the factory.   I don't look down on the corvette or the GT500, on the contrary I look at them with a great deal of respect.   

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: 240sx vs Mid 90s Mustang Cobra.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:32 AM »
Not at all, 

I was given a one day ban because I had an oppinion on the lexus LFA.

Its not my intention to be an ass (honest)  I am not sure why people perceive me to be an ass over a little pride and joy on my ugly heap, ill be the first one to admit its a heap of junk but I will also mention its merits.  I am not talking down on the corvette, that I beat quite badly or a stock GT500 that would suffer the same fate.  Nor would I pretend that my car is better then any of those cars either.  On the contrary Ill be the first to admit that both a GT500 and a corvette are both much superior cars then mine, (nicer, prettier, more reliable, etc etc)  then mine, but mine is still significantly faster then those cars, simply put because of superior power to weight ratio that it has.  A result of countless hours of labor I put into it, and money that I spent on it.

There is a certain joy to experience and sense of sastifaction when your own home made vehicle can beat something that very competent engineers designed to be very fast and formidable from the factory.   I don't look down on the corvette or the GT500, on the contrary I look at them with a great deal of respect.   

Part of it has to do with you talking shit about everything that is > 4 cylinder.  If someone says something about not liking an engine you reply with "oh, yeah, because it's not a V8 it must not be fast, right? ::) "