Author Topic: Windows XP Ultimate  (Read 1490 times)

speedy_2

Windows XP Ultimate
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:13:17 PM »
Anyone heard of it?  It's some hack of XP Pro to look like Vista or something.  Anyway, this guy I know brings this computer his son-in-law or whoever built.  He never liked the guy, and told me he never liked this computer either.  It boots so slow.  And Login takes forever or doesn't work at all. 

I Googled XP Ultimate and went to the page, and AVG popped up with a warning.  Nice.    Should I even bother trying to clean this thing up or find him a copy of XP and do a clean install?

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
Re: Windows XP Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »
Don't bother... It's a hacked/cracked version of XP. Wipe it and put a legit copy on there. I'm not sure what the legal ramifications are when dealing with this stupidity so it's better to be safe than sorry IMO.

Dewman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
I ran into this same issue with my cousins computer. She was given it by one of her friends and wanted it cleaned out. After looking through it i found out for some reason has a hacked version of xp home on it even though it was a dell computer with the serial # right on the side of the case for a legal install.

speedy_2

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
I ran into this same issue with my cousins computer. She was given it by one of her friends and wanted it cleaned out. After looking through it i found out for some reason has a hacked version of xp home on it even though it was a dell computer with the serial # right on the side of the case for a legal install.

lol.  I have seen a few of those too. 

Daemon

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:46:08 AM »

I've seen that before. Never could figure it out.