Author Topic: How do I get blood out of blue jeans?  (Read 4999 times)

NVmySSmaro

How do I get blood out of blue jeans?
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:32:28 AM »
I was out at a brush fire on the side of a fucking mountain, in the dark. We cut down a few trees, knocked the small fire down, did our fire line, got the chainsaw stuck, cut it out with an axe, was having a good day overall. so we finished our task, and set out back down the mountain to the trucks, i was almost down to the bottom, and decided walking up right just wasn't fun anymore, and decided to slip my feet out from under me, and land with my left arm on an apparently very sharp rock, it gave me a nice little slice in my arm, 7 stitches later, and some fun time in the ER, I'm home and my jeans got a pretty good bit of blood going on there, and was curious to my best chance to gettin the blood out?

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
Re: How do I get blood out of blue jeans?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 02:44:49 AM »
A straw or a biscuit... depending on the amount...

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:59:05 AM »
A straw?

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »
Peroxide. Pour it on and let it sit for an hour or so, then wash them as normal adding vinegar to the load along with your normal detergent.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

Kwhit10

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 06:27:38 AM »
Make sure you use cold water.  I just pour detergent right on the blood as soon as I get a chance put a little cold water on it and scrub the spot using the jeans itself really hard.  Then just wash cold in the washing machine, should come out no problem.

rajon

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
Make sure you use cold water.  I just pour detergent right on the blood as soon as I get a chance put a little cold water on it and scrub the spot using the jeans itself really hard.  Then just wash cold in the washing machine, should come out no problem.

Honestly this method with Oxyclean works quite well.

/insert tampon joke here

AMC

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
Leave the blood there and let it be a conversation starter.  Chicks dig it.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
Peroxide. Pour it on and let it sit for an hour or so, then wash them as normal adding vinegar to the load along with your normal detergent.

Does this work with most stains? I got something (not sure what it is) on a really nice shirt of mine and I can't wear it but don't want to throw it out.

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
Leave the blood there and let it be a conversation starter.  Chicks dig it.

That's what the stitches/wound/scar is for, haha. I would like to have fairly clean pants to fight fire/do chores in. haha.
Thanks for all the help guys, they've been soaking all night, hope it works.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »
Does this work with most stains? I got something (not sure what it is) on a really nice shirt of mine and I can't wear it but don't want to throw it out.
The peroxide works on blood. The vinegar works on most everything else. When Jim and I did the clutch in the TurboCoup we got coated in grease oil and general grime. I tossed the clothes in the wash with about a 1/2 to 1 cup of plain white vinegar...no stains.
As to your shirt..what kind of stain? That will make a big difference in treat and if you have dried it. Most time, that will set the stain.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
The stain may be some kind of grease from food. Not sure, really. I tried washing it after it dried thinking it was a simple clean and then tried applying a non-bleach cleaner (I dont want to ruin the colors...even though the stripes are pink... WHAT? Its an AE shirt! :lol:).

b00sted

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
Say it's from your 17 year old niece and see if anyone gets the joke?  :confused:

RoR

• AH AH AH, NOT WITHOUT THE PASSWORD
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:45 AM »
Some of you know the answer to this way too well.

Sharp

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 01:13:06 AM »
Some of you know the answer to this way too well.
Dunno bout you, but bleeding to the point that it soaks through your jeans/shirt is a right of passage to manhood around here. I've ruined my fair share of jeans, shirts, and even socks after they've been soaked with blood/torn up.

I've usually been able to get most of the blood out by scrubbing it under cold running water. Then again, it's never really sat that long. If it's bad enough for me to worry about it, I'm usually on my way home ASAP. :lol: Otherwise it just gets a little stain-stick and a wash.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 08:41:34 AM »
Mosh, if it is a food stain try puttingsome damn dish liquid on it, and wash with you regular detergent and the vinager.