Author Topic: The alcohol thread  (Read 3706 times)

Mick

Re: The alcohol thread
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:53 PM »
I enjoyed it. It was just short of $8 for that bottle.

I've cut back on beer at this point though. I've got so much SoCo that needs to be drank. I still have 1/3 of a handle here at my apartment, my sister bought me a handle for Christmas, and my wife's aunt bought me a bottle of SoCo Lime that I polished off on New Years. :lol:

Been a long time since i drank SoCo, drank to much of it for a long time, had killed a 1/2 gallon one night by myself along with some beer. Wasn't long after that before I switched to other stuff.

Tonight I am a beer man though, Gonna start off with A Stone IPA( India Pale Ale) which was $6 here then drink the bottle of Rogue Irish Style Lager that was $9 that I picked up(any one every try this one before and have a opinion on it?) then I shall go to the cheap shit and finish off whats left of the 1.5gallon container of Miller light, then move to the 30pack of MGD 64.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »
You can buy pre-mixed soco lime?

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »
Is that Rogue Irish Lager any good?  I've never seen that here and we get quite a few Rogue beers.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »
You can buy pre-mixed soco lime?

Yep. I've never seen it before. It was great.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Mick

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
Is that Rogue Irish Lager any good?  I've never seen that here and we get quite a few Rogue beers.

Wow, just noticed this, and yeah it was pretty good.

Also picked up some Samuel Adams - Latitude 48 IPA and some Killians Irish Red.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
Anyone ever have Vuja De from Cigar City Brewing out of Tampa? I just drank one on Saturday afternoon in about a half hour or so. It's a 9.96% sour with flavors of black currants, lemon leaves, and other stuff. For some reason, I don't see it on their website. It was pretty tasty if you like sours. I've only had two so far: this Vuja De and a sour cherry beer (don't know the name or brand -- it's in my fridge... I could check :lol:) and this one was much better. The sour cherry is good, but lacking flavor. It's mostly just a sour kick that hits you and that's it. Vuja De was very sour as well, but it had a lot of flavor that helped balance it. I was pretty lit up after it as well. :lol:

I also had some Dogfish Head Fort that was good, but extremely overpowering from the 18% ABV. Loads of flavor but the taste of alcohol pushed them all away and left a little too much bite at the end.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS