Author Topic: [OFFICIAL WALKING DEAD THREAD - CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!]  (Read 51823 times)

Sponty

Re: Season finale of The Walking Dead...
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »
The lack of common sense in this series makes me not want to watch next time.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »
I know why they do it. I just hate waiting that week. :P

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 11:27:07 PM »
I am actually starting to cheer for the zombies.
These people are starting to turn into morons.

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »
The lack of common sense in this series makes me not want to watch next time.

I was dropping cluster f-bombs throughout the entire episode. :lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
Wasting two days looking for a useless kid for a useless straggler of a member of the group is useless.
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 11:27:32 AM »
Wasting two days looking for a useless kid for a useless straggler of a member of the group is useless.

Hmm... a situation where you're potentially the only humans left in the country. I'm pretty sure you value just about any human life.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
Hmm... a situation where you're potentially the only humans left in the country. I'm pretty sure you value just about any human life.

Oh, I don't know about that.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »
Well, within reason. If a husband is beating his wife and molesting his kid, he doesn't deserve to live. If a cocky redneck seems willing to sacrifice anyone just to stay alive, then probably not. :lol:

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 12:07:51 PM »
I really like Daryl's character, speaking of rednecks. Ever since "GOT MUH DEER!". He's already starting to pick up more of a personality aside from the 'kill smash destroy' aspect. I hope he sticks around for a while.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »
Yeah Daryl is showing to be a bit deeper of a character than he was originally, much better than Meryl, who I'm glad seems to be out of the picture, at least for the mean time.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
I checked IMDB so unless Merle's reemergence is a surprise, he's not credited for any further episodes. But yeah, Daryl is proving to be more than an idiot.. I don't enjoy the idea of any romantic relationships cropping up for him, but with as good an actor as Reedus is, I do hope that his character continues to grow and change into someone that more people can root for.

I feel like I could make a drinking game out of this series, as well as any zombie movie ever.. every time the party does something stupid, you take a shot. By the end of the 45 minute episode, you'd be hammered.

Any thoughts on Shane's character? The attempted rape of Lori was pretty fucking scary, and I especially don't like how it's being utterly blown off.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »
I actually liked the way they handled that situation with Shane and Lori, it was like he wasn't really aware of how scared she was until she clawed him, then he suddenly realized he was a monster.. but they didn't play up his regret enough, I think. Portraying him as deeply disturbed by what he'd done would have made it more interesting, but instead he just acts like a pouty little baby over it.

Also, what's with all this touching and getting close to the zombies? Especially the black dude (can't remember his name) who sliced his arm on that car door, then Daryl throws a freshly killed zombie on top of him... no risk of the blood getting into his wound?

Do you really just have to be bitten or something?

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »
That I'm not 100% sure of. I think Daryl rather would have put an arrow through his skull after than see him get ripped to pieces at the very second.

And yes, Shane is acting like a little bitch when the issue is his to begin with. I sincerely hope he gets what's coming to him.

Daemon

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »
Most viruses can't live outside of a living host for very long periods of time. It's quite possible the virus was dead, but I think this is one of those areas where belief has to be suspended.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »
Wow... Merle probably won't crop up through the rest of the season? I'm blown away. I was expecting some huge mindfuck at some point with him during this season. I think, as long as Daryl stays alive, they have to bring him back at some point.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
If Merle is re-inserted, I really hope it's not in a deus-ex-machina sort of way, where something really bad is about to happen and BAM he appears out of nowhere to save the day.

I hate that shit.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
I'm sort of expecting the opposite. :lol:

camaro_man

• Instafucked
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2011, 11:11:06 AM »
Meryl will probably end up in a roving gang of white supremacists and try to exact revenge...
The Original.
camaro_man
Est. 2002

All war is deception.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
I sincerely doubt Merle will be saving anyone's day... captain hook ass motherfucker..

Grim91Z

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2011, 05:09:23 AM »
My money says he'll return as a walker...
Formerly DoD.

camaro_man

• Instafucked
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
I dont think Merle would be made a walker, hes got way too much potential to be a great villian.
The Original.
camaro_man
Est. 2002

All war is deception.

Daemon

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2011, 10:34:33 AM »
Daryll could be forced into the unlikely hero role.

Bro comes back with "friends" and guns, makes Daryll make a decision between family, and family. Daryll kills his brother.

camaro_man

• Instafucked
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
I was thinking the same in a sense. The reason I said that about the white supremacist thing...anyone else notice the Waffen SS symbol on the gas tank of Merles bike? I saw it on last weeks episode. He will probably try to hook up with whats left of his SS bretheren and mount an offensive...
The Original.
camaro_man
Est. 2002

All war is deception.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »
Yeah, I think as far as Daryl is concerned that family tie is about as severed as it's going to get. You notice how mad he isn't? And in this episode he even spoke of him, but it wasn't very fondly.

I love Norman Reedus.

Daemon

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
I just know I spit food out when the girl from the ranch picked up Lori, and then Daryll shoots the zombie in the head as it's getting back up and says "Shut up." The only thing I could think of was 'Well played, sir, well played.'