Author Topic: So, Who Watches 'The Gates' on ABC?  (Read 1971 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
So, Who Watches 'The Gates' on ABC?
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »
Some information:

The Gates

Basically, I didn't know what it was about, but I saw it on Hulu and said, "Oh, Rhona Mitra, I like her!" and subscribed instantly. The first episode totally caught me by surprise, because I didn't expect it to be anything supernatural. I definitely like this show better than other shows on right now that are supernatural-based. True Blood and the Vampire Diaries are poor excuses of the books that they were based on, so it's nice to see a more original take.

The basis is a gated community that's very exclusive - so exclusive, in fact, that there are witches, werewolves, assassins, vampires, and even a succubi. Every episode really has me hanging. I guess I'm a sucker for shows like this to begin with, but I have not expected several of the things that have happened thus far, and I'm very eager to see where the story goes. Also, the casting is great (except for Andie - sorry, if I were casting for a sexy demon, I'd have gone for someone else). So, thoughts?

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: So, Who Watches 'The Gates' on ABC?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
They film that here in Shreveport,my buddies company services all the actor trailers and shit...I've been meaning to watch it but keep forgetting...are these fruity ass vampire like Twilight,'NO style Vamps or Anne Rice type Vamps?
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
I wouldn't compare them to either. If they were anything like the Twilight bullshit I can promise you I would not watch the show.

There are episodes up on Hulu now; I strongly suggest you check them out. It is free, so it's totally worth it. :D

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

speedy_2

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »
I pretty much watch ZERO shows, but from the looks of the previews it looks like Desperate Housewives meets Twilight.  lolz

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 06:03:12 PM »
Fuck Yeah! Tuning in now!

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »
I pretty much watch ZERO shows, but from the looks of the previews it looks like Desperate Housewives meets Twilight.  lolz

Yeah, it's absolutely not anything close to Twilight. As someone who is familiar with the genre regarding supernatural beings, having done both metaphysical-type research and fictional as well, Twilight is in a shitty genre of its own, best left to 12 year old girls who think stalking and abuse are good relationship qualities.

I have no comment about Desperate Housewives, as I have never seen it, although if you don't watch many shows I'm not clear on how you could compare it to either? Or is that just the idea gathered from previews of all of them?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
Don't forget the creepy "I want to fuck my religions prophet" angle that Smeyers worked into Twilight...with Edward being ole Joe Smith and Bella being a Mary sue self insert.

His name was Meatywand.