These rules are not here for our amusement. They are also not here for your amusement. They are meant to be followed. Breaking the rules is not acceptable, no matter how much you want to or how convenient it may be for you. We will not, in general, be lenient OR amused.
Breaking any of the following rules WILL result in any or all of the following:
I. Admission to the doghouse.
If you feel these rules are unreasonable, you are free to leave. If you decide to stay, you will be subject to them. Failure to read the rules is NOT an excuse for breaking them!
0. Admin's and Mod's have final say on any and all things. WE are always right.
1. These rules can be changed at any given time. Notice will be given in the form of the 'updated' date in the title. It is not difficult to check this date once in a while; please do it, and save us and you all sorts of trouble.
2. Keep all sigs clean and appropriate, if you have questions... don't do it.
2a. No content that is NSFW will be posted or tolerated in your signatures.
3. All sigs must be under 100KB and less than 400 px wide by 300 px tall, or 100 px tall and 500 pix wide. ONLY ONE PIC AND ONE LINE OF TEXT, no exceptions, smileys are a picture. If you have text only, no more than 4 lines as viewed on a 600x800 screen. Font size for text should not be modified. Bold, italics, and colors may be changed.
4. "In befo da lock" is not cool. Uncoolness is a punishable offense.
4a. "REEEEEE" is also not cool, and is thus also can be sanctioned.
4b. Due to recent overuse, "Quoted for truth" or quotes without added text (one smily is not an acceptable addition) will be deleted. After an arbitrary grace period, this will also be punishable by point removal. Also, stating that you are filling the post with 'filler' is not permissible.
5. 1 Username per person
6. Discussion of file sharing is limited. Discussing file sharing applications is permissible; requesting or posting links to illegal software, movies or any other copyright-infringing content will result in a warning and then a banning.
7. The doghouse is how we punish those we don't quite want to ban yet. If you find yourself in the DH (i.e. unable to see any forum but the Doghouse Forum), it's because you have not been playing well with others. Failure to follow the rules in this post can lead to a stint in the doghouse.
8. Post in the correct forum. "I want more people to see it" is NOT a reason to post something in the lounge that obviously belongs in another forum.
9. Content which might not be suitable for viewing at work MUST be tagged with NSFW. Do NOT post NSFW content in any thread not marked at such! If you feel you must, then link it using URL tags or the spoiler tag, NOT IMG tags! (Hint: With the Spoiler tag you can mark it NSFW)
10. Do not use the term "Official" in your thread title for the purpose of gatherings and/or road trips. Official implies that AR's staff condones or supports a particular activity and we may not. If AR's staff wants an official thread on something, the staff will make it. Using the term "official" for things such as the weight loss thread is acceptable.
11. Flaming outside of the flame forum is an immediate ban of 1 day. Multiple violations may lead to multiple days as opposed to 1 day.
12. New members have a 100 post invulnerability time. I.e., they get 100 posts to prove themselves during which the established member base cannot flame them and must keep it civil.
13. We also have a search function on this forum. Please use it first. It is realized that at times search throws back a ton of results, and you may miss what you are looking for. However, if you have something to contribute, it is generally better to keep it in one thread so that others after you do not have to search out multiple threads for information regarding any of the many subjects we discuss on this site.
14. Mods tend to be protected by the Admins on here rather firmly. If a mod asks you to stop, or tells you to stop, or corrects you on something regarding the site, listen to them. They are to be treated as mini-admins and given the same respect. A flame on a mod tends to be treated far more severely than a flame on an admin due to the fact that most people know they are without certain powers. They are just as much a part of the staff as the admins are, so tread lightly if you decide to get nasty to them. If you feel you were wronged by a mod, then feel free to contact an admin to plead your case (through PM, IM, or however you know how to contact an admin).
15. No nudity! NSFW doesn't mean you can post nudes. They still have to have specific areas covered. In other words, if they wouldn't be allowed on a public non-nudity beach, then don't post it.
16. Word filters are there for a reason. Finding ways around them will result in a warning first, then the ban kicks in. If it's a chronic issue, the ban will become longer and longer until it's foreeeeeeeveeeeerrrrrrr.
16a. Racist and homophobic comments are forbidden . If you do it, you will be doghoused. If it continues, you WILL be banned. Words in picture contents DO count, and fall under this rule. Post accordingly.
17. These rules will be enforced by the staff. Keep in mind we are only human and cannot be everywhere at once. It is possible that we may miss something. If it is a large infraction, please feel free to use the report a post option.
18. Posting photos of illegal activity is a NO-NO. We have police on this site, and as a lot of information is exchanged between users as well as available to the general public if they know where to look, this is not only for your own protection but also for everyone else's as well as the shareholders of the site. Use common sense, and be respectful to the officers of the law that like to enjoy this site. You will be warned, and then you will be banned.
19. Threads in which the subject is a video need to be posted in the Media forum. This can be found sub-Lounge. You may link the video or you may use the provided youtube tags. Please post a description of the video - it doesn't need to be verbose, but the thread needs to be more then just a link.
20. For threads in which the topic is a link, such as a news link, please provide a quoted text of the article - either the whole article, or if it is too long, the key points you think should be highlighted. There should be absolutely no thread that is simply a link (the Brothel and FFA obviously don't apply to this). Not everyone reading your thread has the ability to open a new window, either because they are at work or because they are on their phones. Also, it's just plain lazy.
1. PICTURES!!! There MUST be pictures in your post, if not, expect it to be deleted. ESPECIALLY if it's just a cardomain link
2. Your car's year, make, and model must be in the title.
These rules apply to everyone EQUALLY. We've had some members who've been here awhile, some who started here before they could even drive. These rules apply to those members as equally as they do a member who has been here 1 day. As stated in 17, we are not perfect, and we cannot live on here 24/7. There is a report post button, but please use this only if it deserves it.