Author Topic: A-R's resident ricers.  (Read 61116 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
A-R's resident ricers.
« on: November 17, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
You know who you are. Everyone else does, too. I'm not going to name names because on a personal level, most of you are cool as fuck, and I think for the most part people like having you around.

BUT, having ricers on this site being touted as respected members.. that completely ruins the credibility (if we actually have any, that is :lol: ) of this site.

That's RKC territory. They claim to be anti-rice, yet a large chunk of their member base are in fact ricers.

So what do we do about this? We can't claim to be anti-rice, all the while welcoming the "cool" ricers with open arms... that makes us look like just as big of a joke as RKC.

A few years ago, I think it was Flea or somebody who changed their user name to ANTI-RICE or something like that. He waged war on ricers and even called out long time members who happened to be closet ricers. The site became nazi-strict on rice for a while, but somehow, that all changed and now we're being all strict on being nice to each other and sprinkling fairy dust on every post rather than paying any attention at all to what this site was created for.

I think we either need to change the name of the site, or do something about the rice.

Are you guys going to be expected to de-rice your cars? No, I think that's pushing it. But I definitely think all blatant ricers should be adorned with a custom sig and/or title that lets everyone know that they are a ricer, and that A-R is aware of this fact, yet we still allow them to hang around because they are, at least, cool people.

Sort of funny that the only person making any effort to bash ricers is a ricer himself.

EDIT: and for what it's worth... I've been hesitant about saying anything about this because I really do think you guys are cool and should be welcome here, so I don't want to start a flame war or whatever - and I think that's probably true for other people as well - but the fact as, you're ricers, and this is Anti-Rice.com.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:28:04 AM by 77olds »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: A-R's resident ricers.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
Fuck you Nick...my two tone pavement queen isn't rice, you're just made cuz I'm stylin' on you!

But yeah, our attitude toward Ricers has gotten way too relaxed, but then again we are basically forced by the staff to be nice to everyone, so that makes it rather hard to give the ricers the thrashing they deserve, I mean the admin ive seen call someone out on this board incarnation that I can remember is Onyx....so kudos to him for actually sticking to what this site was founded for.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:27 AM »
Fuck you Nick...my two tone pavement queen isn't rice, you're just made cuz I'm stylin' on you!

But yeah, our attitude toward Ricers has gotten way too relaxed, but then again we are basically forced by the staff to be nice to everyone, so that makes it rather hard to give the ricers the thrashing they deserve, I mean the admin ive seen call someone out on this board incarnation that I can remember is Onyx....so kudos to him for actually sticking to what this site was founded for.

Yeah, and I think we should have done a better job of backing him on that. In fact I think I actually somewhat defended the ricer from him..

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »
Well as a member YiffeR has gone on the offensive and trolled some ricers damn good,but at the same time his car is kinda iffy....so it's a rock and a hard place situation with him. And GTR and his dildo shifter, we let that rice slide...trying to think of any other recent ricer joins...

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
Well as a member YiffeR has gone on the offensive and trolled some ricers damn good,but at the same time his car is kinda iffy....so it's a rock and a hard place situation with him. And GTR and his dildo shifter, we let that rice slide...trying to think of any other recent ricer joins...

Chaos is a cool dude, and again that's why I was apprehensive about posting this in the first place.. I'd like for him to stay, definitely, he's doing more anti-rice shit than the rest of us are.. but his car is rice, by any definition this site has ever had. How can we make fun of other ricers, but not him?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »
Mississippi Guy's car in his sig also looks kinda sketchy, not to mention he's trying to make us be nice to people that haven't even joined yet :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Brb, finding a mad h3kTiK bodykit to put on my Chevelle

Did Mississippi Guy put that stuff on his car or did he buy it that way? I was always under the impression of the latter, and I don't feel like looking.

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
OHAI

I know my Pontiac has some rice to it, but the shit I find...well, fuck. It makes mine look unoticeable. We all know my headlights are rice, due to the clear corners, and my tails are blacked out. But take away those two pieces, and my car doesn't look much different from any other GA. Onyx has busted my balls all too often, and loves to target me. But my car isn't some gaudy ricetacular thing, I changed headlights, and blacked out the existing stock tails.

I like it here, and I have a hoot finding all the cars from chode-domain, Stance:Nation, Fatlace and anywhere else I see something wacky. But I know I drive an unloved, slow car, and I'm well aware of it. Does it bother me? Fuck no, I have a love/hate thing with the car. Sure, I've wanted something quicker, but it's been ultra reliable for me over three years and 65,000 miles of use. So, it is what it is.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
OMG RICER

His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »
-Chris-

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 01:59:25 PM »
Onyx is coming, Prepare your Anus for his arrival in this thread :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »
Onyx is coming, Prepare your Anus for his arrival in this thread :lol:

Pfft. I've learned to ignore his insults hurled at me.
-Chris-

stig

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »
*Stands in front of car/plans, whistles innocently refusing to make eye contact*
Complicate and add torque steer.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
Brb, finding a mad h3kTiK bodykit to put on my Chevelle

Did Mississippi Guy put that stuff on his car or did he buy it that way? I was always under the impression of the latter, and I don't feel like looking.

I bought my car that way and have owned it for about as long as Ive been on this site.  I will change it cosmetically when I get done with the swap.
I don't own any cars, or bikes, nor have a job, or legs.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 02:22:02 PM »
Cool side skirts brah...

His name was Meatywand.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
Cool side skirts brah...

Stock on a Civic...

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
Meh I don't really know jack shit about Japanese economy cars brah :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »
Only thing not stock (ex whats under the hood) is the huge pipe, which will change once I know what I'm looking for, but I have seen much worse.  And I did the tailights because they get condensation inside them very bad, and I'm not going to spend money on them untill I get 99+ si tails.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »

Chopper Chuck

• ^Awesomeness^
    • Rice Patrol
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
I believe Onyx once made a distinction between having a few "rice" mods and being a "ricer".  Where do we draw the line?  The main issue for me with Chaos is the clear corners, I'd much prefer smoked stock lights to those.  Do that and he's firmly on the correct side of the line IMO.

Speaking of that, just a question in my mind, what is the minimum engine size to have true dual exhausts and not be a ricer?  I'm guessing as long as it's a V-style engine it's not rice?
FUNCTION > FORM
"If you're not going fast, you're a dumbass!"
Proud owner of GT5 Collector's Edition

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 02:49:22 PM »
Go away Chuck, the adults are talking...

His name was Meatywand.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
I'll never understand Chopper Chuck  ;D

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
Speaking of that, just a question in my mind, what is the minimum engine size to have true dual exhausts and not be a ricer?  I'm guessing as long as it's a V-style engine it's not rice?

The only way to have true duals is to have an engine that requires two headers. Generally means it has to have two banks of cylinders like a V, H, or W style engine.

Only thing not stock (ex whats under the hood) is the huge pipe, which will change once I know what I'm looking for, but I have seen much worse.  And I did the tailights because they get condensation inside them very bad, and I'm not going to spend money on them untill I get 99+ si tails.

Seeing much worse doesn't justify the rice. The taillight thing sounds like a ricer's justification.

@Chaos... We get it. You don't think you have enough rice to be a ricer. That's the ricer in you speaking. Just accept the fact and either be prepared to be called out on it all the time or fix the rice.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
That's just the thing, I do accept it, and don't care. :lol:
-Chris-

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »
That's just the thing, I do accept it, and don't care. :lol:

So... you're just like every other ricer?