Author Topic: WTB: Windows XP Professional CD  (Read 1705 times)

speedy_2

WTB: Windows XP Professional CD
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Anyone have a Copy?  I don't need a COA.  I have laptop here with an XP Pro COA and all I have is XP Home!!

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
Re: WTB: Windows XP Professional CD
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »
I have a DLed Pro .iso that's not hacked... I think I downloaded it from M$'s website a while back when someone discovered they had them online, I think they've removed them since. I could just mail a copy to ya. I've used it to install pro on a laptop with a legit OEM key before. There's no bloatware or anything on it, just a fresh copy of XP Pro. I'll have to double check to make sure but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I'll toss it on on a partition to make sure it works and everything  before mailing it.

Let me know... CDs are only a couple pennies I'll just send it to you for free.

speedy_2

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
Ok, I found a download.  Seems to be working with my key.  I'll let ya know if I run into problems. Thanks.

handle

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 11:40:23 PM »
You should learn how to create OEM CDs with the oembios files.

First of all check the stickies in this forum: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forums/5-Windows-XP-Previous-MS-Operating-Systems

In short, you run OEMBIOS tool in DOS (just to make sure you don't get a false reading from a loader)

Once you get the SLP string for the motherboard, drop the corresponding OEMBIOS files in the i386 folder  (You will need an ISO editor for this)

You will also have to edit the SETUPP.INI file to add OEM to the end of the PID value

Mine looks like this after it has been edited:

Code: [Select]
[Pid]
ExtraData=786F687170637175716954806365EF
Pid=76487OEM

Now that you're done editing your ISO, you can burn your CD.

When Windows asks you for your key, use any SLP key . (I use Microsoft's keys)

PM me if you need a clean copy of Home or Pro. I've got links.

edit: I forgot to mention that you can only do this to retail and oem copies. VLK copies work differently.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:41:54 PM by handle »

speedy_2

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 12:07:48 AM »
Cool Thanks.  Yeah I have 2 Home OEM CD's  And a Vista Basic OEM CD too.  Gotta get a collection of everything eventually.