Author Topic: "Anonymous" attacks U.S. Copy Right office  (Read 12323 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
"Anonymous" attacks U.S. Copy Right office
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.242934-Anonymous-Attacks-US-Government

The internet group Anonymous has struck a blow against the very heart of copyright law in America.

Taking on loud-mouthed rock stars like Gene Simmons is one thing, but yesterday Anonymous had bigger fish to fry. As part of two months long "Operation Payback," Anonymous attacked the US Copyright Office website with a denial of service attack, successfully taking it down for around half an hour.

Anonymous targeted the site because it is "Perpetuating the system that is allowing the exploitative usage of copyright and intellectual property." The US Copyright Office not only records details about copyrights, it also provides expert advice to Congress on copyright issues, as well as aiding with drafting new legislation. With that resume, it's not hard to see why the strongly pro-piracy Anonymous might consider the Copyright Office a particularly tempting target.

The websites of the Recording Industry Association of America, the Motion Picture Association of America and the British Phonographic Industry, amongst others, have also been attacked as part of Operation Payback, with the RIAA site reportedly taken down for three straight days last week. Anonymous says it will keep up the attacks until it "stops being angry" and has organized actual physical demonstrations to take place tomorrow in various cities around the world.

Seriously, where do they get off thinking it's their place to do shit like this?

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
Re: "Anonymous" attacks U.S. Copy Right office
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »
Those idiots aren't "anonymous".

As soon as the FBI get a whiff of any of them, jackbooted thugs are gonna be shoving a size 12 steel-toed boot up their asses, sideways.
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
Lol you're stuck on this man.
I don't own any cars, or bikes, nor have a job, or legs.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
Lol you're stuck on this man.

I just think it's ridiculous that a bunch of douche bags think they can just go ahead and bully whoever they want for whatever reason. It's fucking retarded, and even worse since it's not going to be just THEM that suffer, but most likely 4chan as a whole, or who knows what else.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »
I understand where you are comming from, it's just everytime I read something about them, I think "What a bunch of Pussies," and thats as angry as I get lol.  Ive never heard of 4chan or anon untill I came on this site.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
That's pretty ballsy of these guys.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:25:59 PM »
That's pretty ballsy of these guys.

That's pretty much why it bothers me so much... the amount of smug, self righteous arrogance is almost worse to me than what they're actually doing.

Joshua

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 09:34:31 PM »
Hey Nick, don't worry 'bout it man. You reap what you sow. They're gonna sow a boot up their ass, like I was saying.
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
Bravo, about time someone took the fight to the Copyright office....since our government never stepped in when fucking CHILDREN were being slapped with multi-million dollar lawsuits over Copyright infringement, it only seems fair that now the government gets a little of their shit pushed in.

Just noticed the part about actual demonstrations....didn't they learn NOT to do that shit during Chanology?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:42:24 PM by Meatywand »
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:49 PM »
Speaking of lawsuits, I just read on Yah.. that some girl was being sued millions...for a total of 24 songs.

Joshua

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 09:44:14 PM »
Bravo, about time someone took the fight to the Copyright office....since our government never stepped in when fucking CHILDREN were being slapped with multi-million dollar lawsuits over Copyright infringement, it only seems fair that now the government gets a little of their shit pushed in.

You're mistaken if they give a flying fuck about this. Tyrants and tyrannical, oppressive governments respond to FORCE, and nothing less. I'm not saying our gov't is THAT bad.....but one mis-step, and they can be.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
Having their websites DDoS'ed is a form of force...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

His name was Meatywand.

orangeLJ

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
DDOS'ing site isnt going to get them anywhere though, its just an annoying inconvenience for those who are trying to access information.

Its not like they are suddenly going to say "hey man, they fucked with our website, lets just do what they say"

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »
No, but its still amusing, and its getting press for their message, whatever it may be...

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 09:51:19 PM »
DDOS'ing site isnt going to get them anywhere though, its just an annoying inconvenience for those who are trying to access information.

Its not like they are suddenly going to say "hey man, they fucked with our website, lets just do what they say"

Exactly, instead it's either going to be ignored, OR they're gonna find some way to punish internet users, claiming that they're just trying to make the internet "more secure" so things like that are less likely to occur.

Sentry

• I'm going nowhere fast...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 09:59:07 PM »
You're always saying "these guys" as if they're some sort of organized group that meets late tuesday nights at the old cemetery.

They're random nerds across the globe who occasionally settle on some lame common goal and try to do something about it.

92 Aristo - Borg S366, QSV, AEM V2, 12 psi - 410whp 360ftlbs
84 SVO - FMIC, straight piped, chipped/tuned LB3, 15 psi - 202whp 238ftlbs

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 10:04:15 PM »
No, No Sentry, you're wrong, they all sit around together basked in the soft glow of monitors on their secret websites where they twiddle their mustaches and plot the demise of the world. Al Qaeda didn't do 9/11, anonymous did....

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »
No, No Sentry, you're wrong, they all sit around together basked in the soft glow of monitors on their secret websites where they twiddle their mustaches and plot the demise of the world. Al Qaeda didn't do 9/11, anonymous did....

Knock it off. It only ever takes one of these comments from you to get the ball rolling, then all hell breaks loose and someone gets banned. So why do you always do it?

"anonymous", whoever the fuck these people are (yes, armchair activists who are really just spoiled, lifeless little brats who throw a temper tantrum when they can't get their way), are "organizing" and doing shit. You KEEP SAYING they don't actually exist, but you're wrong, they're even having a physical fucking rally tomorrow. How does an organization that doesn't exist have a rally?

As far as the internet terrorism remark I made, YOU'RE the one blowing that out of proportion. They're assembling and attacking web sites to bring them down, because of a difference in beliefs. They're trying to scare people into conceding. That's terrorism, right? Terrorist doesn't always mean gun toting, plane crashing mass murderer, you know.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
Like I said in the last thread, go do your research dude. There's the actual Anonymous, which is a bunch of neck beards that some how waddled out of the basement and gather together in public wearing Guy Fawkes masks to remain "Anonymous" while spouting memes and generally being useless fucks. The other anonymous is just that, the faceless seething masses that have had enough and band together briefly to lash out at one thing that annoys them. Like I also said in the last thread, goons are much worse historically for pulling this type of shit. I'm about half tempted to dox myself just to prove a point.

His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »
Whelp, shit's going down again.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 10:37:41 PM »
I saw a Jeep here in town with a grenade anon sticker on the back window here the other day.  I thought to myself "does this not defeat the point?"  Clearly he's an SA goon taking part in the "anon" activities. Idiot.

Sentry

• I'm going nowhere fast...
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 10:52:14 PM »
a bunch of neck beards that some how waddled out of the basement and gather together in public wearing Guy Fawkes masks to remain "Anonymous" while spouting memes and generally being useless fucks

92 Aristo - Borg S366, QSV, AEM V2, 12 psi - 410whp 360ftlbs
84 SVO - FMIC, straight piped, chipped/tuned LB3, 15 psi - 202whp 238ftlbs

Joshua

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 12:12:26 AM »
Having their websites DDoS'ed is a form of force...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

I'll take that as a compliment, good citizen!

In fact, I have a new signature!

Maybe a new Title if the Modship approves!

Sharp

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 12:22:45 AM »
Nick, just make your own rival group called "known", and launch counter-attacks.

Seriously though... why so obsessed? Do you have rosters and newspaper articles strewn around a room, trying to figure out who all is in anon and where they are going to strike next?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 01:29:54 AM »
Anyone tell them who's going to pay for the investigation and any other extra work that is necessary to look at what happened with this, in addition to any travel for any agents?  Someone should tell those unemployed knuckleheads that those of us with jobs end up paying for it.  If they want to be all guerrilla warfare, then they should send cash to the government first so I don't have to pay for their internet temper tantrum.