Author Topic: Party Food  (Read 595 times)

Maverick

• Beast Within
Party Food
« on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:41 PM »
So whats the best stuff to serve at a party? I've been bringing party food to parties I go to for a while, and it is always a hit.

I guess, for this thread, the only stipulation is that you have to be able to eat this food standing up.

Have any secrets you're willing to share? Anything you've been making for years?

Also, parties can get expensive. Any bang for buck things you might do? It's all welcome here.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Kwhit10

Re: Party Food
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
I love having taco dip.

Bottom layer is cream cheese, middle layer is chili, top layer is cheddar cheese.  Put in the oven at 350 for like 30 minutes.

Sharp

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:40 AM »
I don't know the recipe, but a guy I know makes a killer (litterally) bean and cheese dip. It's incredibly good, so you end up eating quite a bit. Then he tells you it has a 36 hour percolating period (in your stomach). I thought he was joking, but I nearly exploded roughly 36 hours later. :lol:

Personally, I like mini-pigs-in-a-blanket. Just grab a package of those mini sausages and some tubes of cheap store brand crescent rolls, and cut the dough triangles into thirds and wrap up the sausages. Follow the directions on the crescent rolls, but keep an eye on em.

71Caprice

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »
7 layer mexican dip
Hmm my mom makes this spinach crab and artichoke dip ill try and get the recipe next time i see her.
2013 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 KTM EXC 400

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO
2013 Scott Voltage FR30

GMCBrewski

• Once you go twig you never go big
    • Andrew Bruckse Sports Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »
7 layer mexican dip

This... people go nuts over this stuff and it's so simple. I like mine served cold, but I know many people like it warm, so I tend to split it up into two containers and heat one up.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »
Anyone fry wings?

I just did chicken nuggets. Two big ass bags from Costco, threw them in the oven, put em in a bowl. Then I put some small paper plates next to it with a couple of sauces in squeegees. The honey mustard ran out first.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

The Beef

• I had a permanent, constipated grimace on my face
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
Spinach and artichoke dip if you wanna be fancy. That stuff is fucking delicious.

Kwhit10

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 09:51:50 AM »
Anyone fry wings?

I just did chicken nuggets. Two big ass bags from Costco, threw them in the oven, put em in a bowl. Then I put some small paper plates next to it with a couple of sauces in squeegees. The honey mustard ran out first.

I used to have a small fryer when I was an undergrad.  I would buy big bags of costco chicken wings and fry them up with franks hot sauce, and eat these on most drunken nights.