Author Topic: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1  (Read 7192 times)

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »
Lots of photos here

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1.  Car is located near Cleveland, OH.  Original RUST FREE sheet metal car from California. Never has seen snow, salt, and has been kept dry in the 6 years I've owned it. I built this car to be a great driving road car that loves to corner. It retains its original 351 Windsor engine and has about 9000 miles on a rebuild. The transmission is a 5-speed Tremec TKO600 manual that was brand new at time-of-install. I have the rest of the original drivetrain boxed up. The original FMX automatic transmission had about 7000 miles on a rebuild before I swapped it out. I used all new components and a cable actuated clutch. The only used part is an aluminum drive shaft from an Ford Police Interceptor. I replaced the radiator with a large aluminum unit rated for up to 500 horsepower.

The suspension has been completely upgraded with brand new name-brand components. The front end features Global West tubular upper and lower control arms, Opentracker roller spring perches, Rosehill Performance solid adjustable strut rods, KYB GR2 shocks, Mustangs Plus 620lb lowering springs, and TRW tie-rod ends and sway bar links. The rear suspension has 5-leaf reverse-eye springs and Global West spring shackles with serviceable bushings.

The car is equipped with power steering and has a Flaming River steering gearbox, Opentracker roller idler arm, and Global West solid tie rod adjustment sleeves. These are all a tremendous improvement over the original design.

The body is original sheet metal and is RUST FREE. The hood and front valance have been repainted recently and show very well. The rest of the car has been resprayed in the past and shows signs of wear, and I've touched up any large chips to the best of my ability. It shines up very well. I would call it a 5-footer.

The interior was new as of 2005. There is a fold-down rear seat that came from the factory. The sail panels have not been replaced and are worn. I added a 13" Grant steering wheel. I have the original rim-blow wheel in a box.

The only thing on this car that doesn't work is the horn. I have not been able to trace the problem. I replaced the steering column harness but to no avail. I don't know if there is a broken wire somewhere or if the problem lies in my steering wheel adapter.

The car has power drum brakes and I will include a kit to mount the front 13" brake rotors from a 2003/4 Mustang Cobra. I will also include brand new rotors, calipers, and mounting brackets. Installing this setup will require 17" or larger wheels. Other extras include a new-in-box grille and extra misc. trim pieces. I also have a Marti report and a reproduction door tag.

I'm asking $23,000 or best offer.  I'm eager to get this out of my garage for other things.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:56:09 PM by wantahertzdonut »
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

wantahertzdonut

Re: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
Dropped my asking price to $23000, but I'm still willing to strike a deal.  Feel free to pass this on to anyone you wish.  The car is on ebay right now too. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&item=200642018182&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »
I cleaned up the original ad and the car is currently on Ebay, but if it doesn't sell I will relist Tuesday.  I'll happily end the auction early for anyone who wishes to buy outside of Ebay as well.

Snakestress

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:13:14 AM »
I kind of want this car!  This looks just like the one that slipped away about 5 years ago.  I'll mull it over and talk to the fiance about adding another car to the parking lot. LOL

You can live in your car but you can't race your house.

MadFairlane

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 05:59:42 AM »
Where you at in the US. A friend could be keen depending on how easily he can arrange shipping/customs etc

EDIT: just spotted your location in your eBay ad. I will pass it on to him
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:01:25 AM by MadFairlane »
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

DanDB64

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:34 AM »
Drive it to the Brunswick show on Saturday. I'll be sure to show up
DanDB64

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:44:41 PM »
I added the location, I forgot that doesn't show up on here.

Mad/Snakestress- If any of you have any interest in the car, I'll be happy to talk to you about it.  I'll PM you my number or skype address.

For what it's worth I'd be thrilled to sell it to someone on the site.

Dan-  I'm going to try to make it down to the show but it'll be late if I'm able.  I'm going to Beaverun in PA for a trackday and usually don't return until about 7, and then need to unpack the car and unload my trailer.  

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »

MadFairlane

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
Yeah, I've forwarded this on to my mate... I will leave it in his hands now...
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
Sounds good.  I'm flexible on my price, I'd really like to move this before winter.

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 10:44:21 PM »
The car is still around, I thought I had it sold to a guy who drove down from Wisconsin, but he passed.  I'll still happily make someone on here a hell of a deal.

For what it's worth, I dropped my asking price to $20k.

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:42:39 PM »
Posted on Ebay again for anyone who might be interested.  My sale price is down quite a bit, I'll gladly make a deal for anyone who'd like the car and shows up to buy.  I'll end the auction early for anybody who would prefer to buy in person.

Ebay link

wantahertzdonut

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:14 PM »
I took a deposit on the car tonight.  Not final yet but I hope to finish this as soon as the buyer can arrange a trailer.