Author Topic: Post your worst car (or atv or whatever ) Wrecks.  (Read 22253 times)

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
Re: Post your worst car (or atv or whatever ) Wrecks.
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
Worst I saw was in front of my old house which was on the outside of a turn and had a 3' retaining wall.  Girl driving an Acura RSX (whatever the Integra turned into) comes flying down the road at 2am doing about 80 (in a 35), enters the turn, and runs out of talent.  She drove the right side of the car up the wall, then slid along it until crossing the neighbor's driveway, which creates a gap in the wall.  Then hits the next section of the wall cartwheeling the car 1.5 or 2.5 times, landing upside down about 200' from the initial impact.  Me and another guy got her out of the car and she appeared to only be shook up.  She couldn't have been more than 17.  When I walked around the back of the car, I noticed a repair receipt for the car dated that day.  I guess she was excited to have it out of the shop.

Worst "wreck" I had was pulling the driver's side mirror off an illegally parked post office van with a 40' bus.  I caught it with the very last reflector.  It was the mirror, or not getting out of there.  She got faulted.

Err, wait.  Worst wreck I really had was lowsiding my SV650 at the track this past August.  Front wheel slid out in Turn 4 at Nelson Ledges Road Course.  Got a burn on my left arm from skidding on the pavement.  I broke the clutch lever, shifter, and ground away the stop on the left peg.  My suit needs a little restitching too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 12:06:58 PM by wantahertzdonut »
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

Sharp

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
Luckily, my only real incidents with cars was me bumping into a snow bank and like 2mph and cracking the bumper on my old Corolla. Cost me a few hundred dollars to repair.

Oh, and I managed to flood it when the whole town flooded a couple years ago. Cost a hundred or so to get the water out, and maybe $1000 to repair the bent valve.

Thank God I've been lucky and not been in a real accident. I've had a couple close calls and a few "what ifs" (drunk driver hit someone in an intersection I would have been in had I not left work early) kinds of things. Knock on wood, and fingers crossed.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »
Wrong section.  We have a Post Your...section for a reason.  Moving.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »
Wrong section.  We have a Post Your...section for a reason.  Moving.

My bad, still getting use to everything.

Anyway my worst wreck as far as injury goes would be when I was racing my Raptor on a newly built track.  I had just got the new Raptor 700 (completely reworked, full bars, nets, sus drop, carb conv, full exaughst) and i wasnt quite used to the power yet ( had a 350).  With the 350 i usually came in around 20th place, but on the last lap with my new 700, i found myself in 3rd with a good chance to be in 1st with some balls.  So i decided what the hell, and really punched it on the final straight/ramps.  I am not pro so when i usually hit a ramp-to-tabletop, i slowed up enough to land and top and  drive off the end.  This time I was at speed to miss the entire top and land going down the end of the last lamp.  When I went to do that, my front wheels did perfectly, but the back ones hit the flat top of the rap; in turn causing my back to torqe and sending me on the ground.  I remember tuning over just in time to see the two guys that i blasted past earlier comming right at me.  The first guy somewhat drove over me, the other guy ran over my arm, taking it aroung his tire until my forearm hit his axel, breaking every bone in my left arm as well as dislocating from my shoulder and snapping my collar bone.  Pain ensues
I don't own any cars, or bikes, nor have a job, or legs.

MadFairlane

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »
ran out of talent in traffic and hit some car up the arse... Bent bonnet, bar headlight etc (pics are somewhere on here)
Had the car back 2 days from being fixed and some fucker hit me... Back into the shop to get the rear end done lol...

1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 06:57:48 PM »
Wrong section.  We have a Post Your...section for a reason.  Moving.

I thought it was agreed that a "Post Your" thread could be made elsewhere, and if it were popular, it would be moved?

I can't find the thread where that discussion took place, but if I remember right, Caryn even volunteered to take care of that.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »
Not how it originally landed....

2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

angelis83lt

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »
Mine was in 2001. had a 1980 camaro.  Was driving to pick up a gal.  was moving all of 35mph since it was in the city. Came up to a 4 way light. Might light was green, the idiot riceer in the mazda protoge decided the red light did not apply to him. I t-boned him exactly in the middle of his car on the driver's side.   Bent the whole front frame of the camaro about a foot and a half over.  Killed the radiator as it pushed it into the steering sector. looked bad, BUT I could still move the car with a little work from a hammer on the fender wells.

The ricer was not so lucky. he hit me going fast enough to where it only spun me around a full 360 degrees, it took his car and slid him sideways, over 4 lanes, including a median, through a metal light pole (one of the kind you see on the sides of streets. not a big one) and finally stopped after he hit the sidewalk and hit the Bus stop.   

The entire driver's side of his car was crushed in about 6 inches. he was pinned in his seat because his door pushed  the arm rest over his leg.

Worst one I have been in... Figures a wreckless ricer would cause it.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »
Damn!  T-bones are brutal.  I T-boned a front yard in my wreck  ;D

Mick

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »
December 17th 2003, was taking a friend to court going down the street, was doing 30mph which was the speed limit and it was wet. the lane next to me up ahead someone  came to a stop to make a turn car behind them had to stop as well, but the guy beside me was paying attention(excuse was he was "to busy making funny faces trying to get use to the smell of his air freshener" according to the police report, I was on my way to the hospital at this time) so when he noticed the cars completely stopped in front of him he jerked the wheel to the right into me in my breeze pushing me into on coming traffic were me and a Buick Park Avenue met head on. 

Accident is was started me on to my wait gaining, couldn't walk for about 2 1/2 months and all I did was drink and get high on pain killers during that time. Picked up 50lbs in 2 months. Also, couldn't work and his insurance didn't pay the car off right away so I was still making payments on a car I didn't have for 6 months.  Shit still makes me angry to this day. Had I been there when the fucker told the cop his excuse he would have been on the way to the hospital with me.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »
Damn that sucks man

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »

Thank god she was built like a tank. I was rear-ended while stopped. She was doing a bit over 40 in a Tiburon. Her windshield smashed, airbags deployed and front bumper and hood were trash.

My trunk wouldnt close and my rear quarters were all bent out of shape, but I loved my tank. :(

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »
40 mph?  Definatly a tank man   :o

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
40 mph?  Definatly a tank man   :o

She whacked me so hard my radio came out of the dash and ended up all over the passenger seat.

It made a total mess, and took forever to cleanup. :lol:

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 07:28:51 PM »
I want that car for my brother, he cant drive lol.  What happened to it?

Gremlin

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »
I rolled a Military Police Car (a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina)  while a high speed chase. It was truly my Rosco P. Coltrane moment. Kinda of disappointing that siren did not "ro-ro-ro" like Rosco's did. 

The worst was when accident that I was semi-involved in was when one of employees was killed in a head collision while I ran the Geek Squad type computer company in Grants Pass, OR. That was no fun

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 12:54:23 AM »
I want that car for my brother, he cant drive lol.  What happened to it?

Insurance totaled it for just under $1500. Then I sold it for $850. Some guy and his wife came down threw a new battery in and put it on their trailer. All the suspension was brand fucking new too. Less than 2500 miles...

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
Should have held on to it man...It looks good

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 02:06:21 PM »
Should have held on to it man...It looks good

Slotomatic.
~150k miles.
Tranny slipping.

No real loss. Great beater.

logikfive

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
Happened to my buddys car in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee in July while on vacation..

Tree wins. Did get a sign out of the whole deal though.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:36:19 PM by logikfive »

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 07:38:13 PM »
Badass sign  :lol:

01GPGT

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 02:32:54 PM »
2007 going home from school driver in a 3500 long bed crew cab dualy with trailer turned infornt of me. he then proceeded to drive over the tracer.

i was doing 60mph when i hit the brakes and they locked up (ABS was unpluged we suid the shop that replaced the wheel barring just a day before) and slid. he was ticketed and his insurance paid for every thing.

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT ram Air: Knock mod : 1 cylinder delete : rock salt wieght reduction

WARNING I CAN'T SPELL!!! nor will i try to correct it

jeepinator

• Could you describe the Ruckus, sir?
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »

My insurance was hurt more than anything else was.

Gunslinger7

• BURNT ON CHEESE!
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

OM NOM NOM!

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »

My insurance was hurt more than anything else was.

That hurts my sweet spot for CRXs  :(