Author Topic: Post your worst car (or atv or whatever ) Wrecks.  (Read 21562 times)

Mississippi Guy

Post your worst car (or atv or whatever ) Wrecks.
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
I just got this idea reading another post and Im interested to hear how lucky people are.

My worst one was in a 2009 Mitsu Eclispe gt spyder (v6, 6 speed).  The car would haul ass, and I got it up to 160 once, which is the fastest ive ever driven.  Anyway, I was going around a down hill sharp turn going too fast and had never driven on the road before.  I was gripping beautifully untill I hit some loose gravle in the middle of the road.  The car instantly went sideways.  I tried turning a little less and gave it some gas to try to get it back in the right direction.  By this time it was too far gone to get trac, so hitting the brakes, turning, ect was a no go.  I went off a huge embankment heading straight towards a very deep drainage sys with huge rocks comming towards me in a head on angle.  Thankfully I was going fast enough to pass over that in air, only to land flat in someones front yard.  The drop was so huge and fast that the car instantly bounced, read end pointing straight up.  I had the top down so can remember looking straight at green grass digging the front bumber off.  The car then slammed straight down going backwards, causing the windsheild to rake up everything on the ground and shoot it into my head and back.  The car caught once more with such force that it flipped the car one more time landing me back the same way to skid to a stop upside down.  The flips were all perftect front flips, brain jarring force.  I crawlled out ot the driver side window when it was all over, with a few scratches on me from where I crawlled out over the glass.
I don't own any cars, or bikes, nor have a job, or legs.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: Post your worst car (or atv or whatever ) Wrecks.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »
The (more) compact volkswagen!

Also had a 4-wheeler bounce off my shoulder while I was laying on the ground after being thrown off of my own.  Luckily i was wearing a chest protector with shoulder coverage.

Sentry

• I'm going nowhere fast...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 09:22:08 PM »
When I had  my first car, the Geo Metro, and I was still learning standard I bumped into a cart corral at like 2mph because I fumbled the footwork and didn't disengage the clutch.

That's the only collision I've ever had.

Lots of pants shitting close calls though. :lol:

92 Aristo - Borg S366, QSV, AEM V2, 12 psi - 410whp 360ftlbs
84 SVO - FMIC, straight piped, chipped/tuned LB3, 15 psi - 202whp 238ftlbs

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »
The (more) compact volkswagen!

Also had a 4-wheeler bounce off my shoulder while I was laying on the ground after being thrown off of my own.  Luckily i was wearing a chest protector with shoulder coverage.

How did this come about?

stig

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 09:46:57 PM »
Only one:

Fresh snow on top of ice + corner + too fast = sideways into ditch, nose catches a stump, car spins back around into the road and drives home.

Well, I think I nudged a fence with a lifted F350 Super Duty with a cap once, trying to turn it around after some dickhole customer parked in a clearly marked  no parking area.

Actually, there are few more aren't there.

Snowmobiles:

1st) I was like 12, came around a blind corner and found myself face-to-face with a groomer. Brakes + swerve = taps a tree at just enough speed to leave an un-removable brown scuff mark on the bumper (earning me the nickname Barky)

2nd) Lived up to that name again the next year. Rode into a blinding cloud of snow, when I could see again I was already off the outside of a corner heading into the bushes...

3rd) Corner, ice, ditch, tree, broken bumper.

ATV:
Previously got myself epically stuck, bad enough that I snapped a front CV joint trying to get out. I limped it out of the woods with that axle occasionally flopping around and hitting suspension pieces, which jerked the handlebars and changed directions somewhat. At one point it did that in JUST the right time/place to introduce my bumper to an oak tree.

I was <15 for all the non-car ones.

Fucking trees are killer, man :lol: Feel like Dan reading that...
Complicate and add torque steer.

Mississippi Guy

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
That thing drove home? lol.  I think my car would have drove home if it landed on its wheels.  It looked in okay working order haha

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »
How did this come about?

I was stopped in road construction traffic for about 10-15 seconds behind a huge line of cars.  The guy behind me decided to ruin the party.  His Durango was going roughly ~50mph when he hit me.  Totaled the Durango, my VW, and the Lumina in front of me. The doors were the only straight sheet metal on the car afterward. I walked away with a sore neck, shoulders and back.

Delta

• Torquemada 71
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »
Idiot on a cell phone didn't see me making a turn...

That was the only one I've been in driving. Car was a POS anyways, had the ill fated piston slap.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:07:32 PM by Delta »
2017 VW Golf GTI - 6spd
2015 Toyota Camry SE
2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
1999 Chevy S10 - 5spd

stig

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »
That thing drove home? lol.  I think my car would have drove home if it landed on its wheels.  It looked in okay working order haha

Only way you could tell it was wrecked was the smell from the powder in the air bags :lol:

Rammstein4Ever

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
My worst accident was when I was driving ~55 mph down a two lane highway and a deer ran out in front of me. I freaked and over steered around it, and then over corrected and slid all over the road and over corrected again, finally ended up in the ditch at around 5 mph.  In the end I cracked my bumper and busted my foglights.  Some stoners in a full size van with curtains pulled me out of the ditch and I drove home.

ShelbyTurbo2.2

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »

T-boned in an intersection... Speed limit is 35 mph... Bitch in a jeep came around a blind corner. I was pulling out to make a left hand turn.. I saw her at the last second... punched it and tried to get out of her lane into my lane... She locked it up. Slid across the centerline to T-bone me in my lane. (obvious by the skidmarks)

and of course I was at fault because I was 17... The cop told me the speed limit was 50 and refused to look at the speed limit sign 1/4 mile up the road. To top it off.. the cunt was driving with a suspended license.

The impact had enough force to bend the passenger side rear wheel under the car.. My car spun off the road and she continued to drive off the road and down an embankment.

I should've hired a lawyer.

Does that look like 35mph?

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:20 PM »
Accidentally jumped a cousins 73 trans am into a cattle pond...

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

GrandPrix98GT

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »
Mine was minor, but still cost $1200.

Driving through a mall parking lot, and attempting to turn, while you are going downhill, with the parking lot covered in ice.. didn't work in my favor.  Slid into a 2009 GMC Yukon Denali just behind the passenger rear wheel.  Scratches to the bumper, headlight and reflector needed replaced and hood had two deep scratches and dented a little bit.  That's all.
2009 Pontiac G8 GT

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 11:30:23 PM »
My 1995 Intrepid base sedan. Had 107K on the clock, this was back in 6/19/2007 :(

-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »
My worse accident was 4 years ago when I rear-ended a lifted Ford Ranger in my Ford Taurus. The Ranger needed a new bumper and driveshaft, I needed all the front body panels. Cost me $500 from a junkyard, insurance covered the $800 in damage to the Ranger.

Gael

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »
This sucked.  Hit by a red light runner, no witnesses stayed, his word vs mine.

Gael

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:33 PM »
I don't have pictures of my bike, just of the aftermath on my leg.

I do have a picture of the engine buried into the firewall of my Supra.  >:(

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »
I think the worst one I was in was back in June, I was changing lanes as I topped a bridge and didn't know traffic was backed up on the other side of the bridge, I hit the brakes, and skidded on the wet road into the back of a Hyundai and totaled it, but luckily the driver had no insurance and under Louisiana law he is just plain shit out of luck, he can't even take me to Civil court :lol:

Tonight, I happened to see this on the Interstate:
http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=1603.0

Thats the worst wreck I've ever seen...gore wise anyway, I think the worst one ever was when I was riding with a cop buddy of mine and we went to a call where a semi had gone off the road taking a Dodge dually with it and then crushed the Dodge underneath it...that one was pretty bad too.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Darcsun

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »
The worst I have pics of.  Tis but a flesh wound.

I actually bounced out more pissed than hurt.  Turns out later that I was hurt too. 
MBA, CFP, CRPC

Yea... also CEO and CCO, but you can buy those ones.

GooneyBird

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 06:42:19 AM »
My Christmas of hell. I think it was '05 or '06 or something.
Day before, my girlfriend of 1.5 years dumps me. Out of the blue. One of those "it's not you, it's me"-kinda things. That evening I couldn't sleep worth shit, so the next morning I got up at the crack of dawn, and decide to go ride my bike (bicycle) for a while, clear my head in the cold morning air.
So there I am, riding my bike, when I hear some tires screeching, and suddenly I'm sitting on a car hood, no idea how that happened. Car braked, and I flew off into the bushes. So I crawled out of the bushes, just in time to see a Civic speeding off. I couldn't catch the plates, and I seemed to be pretty much in working order, so I shruged it off, and went in search of my bike. Which I found on the side of the road, and only slightly tweaked to the left (which was cool, since the thing was kinda tweaked to the right to begin with from a previous collision. Hence, it was more-or-less straight again).

I biked home, even more pissed off at the world and most people on it. When I got home, I had Christmas breakfast with my parents, and later in the afternoon I noticed that my left leg sorta didn't respond properly to commands anymore. My parents were off doing Ye Olde Traditional Christmas Things (cooking), so I decided to take myself to the Doc's for a quick checkup. Couldn't take the bike, as I noticed it had a flat tire. Probably a result of this morning. So I grabbed my helmet and took the Zndapp.

When I was pretty much in front of the hospital, waiting for a traffic light at a pedestrian crossing I noticed a small white van not noticing me. When the thing got too close for comfort I floored the 'dapp and dropped the clutch to jump out of the way. This much worked, however this now meant I was full-throttle on the white lines indicating a pedestrian crossing, and they were wet and slippery. Logically, the rear tire lost traction, and the whole thing slid out from underneath me. Back then I was an idiot, and didn't just dump the moped, no, I held on to the bars, and so it landed right on top of me while I was laying on my right side. The exhaust burned a hole in my pants, and because it was still in gear, the spokes in the rear wheel caught my foot and stopped turning as it twisted my ankle in a corner it shouldn't.

Again, I figured I would be ok, so I tried to shove the heavy moped off of me, and stand up. The first part worked, but as soon as I got up, I noticed that my left leg now was not the issue anymore, but my right leg wouldn't support any weight anymore.

So that day I got a nice huge bruise on my left leg, damaged the moped, sprained my right ankle and burned a portion of my lower right leg. (You can still sorta tell by the bald spot on my leg) And I was single. Merry Christmas.
'98 Opel Astra 1.6 16V
'08 Kymco Dink 50

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 07:16:50 AM »
Tonight, I happened to see this on the Interstate:
http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=1603.0

Guy shouldn't have been fishing on the interstate...

I saw the thread you meant though... That shit's messed up.

stig

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 09:33:53 AM »
Jesus. Darc, how the fuck did that happen?

I kinda have another one.

You know that thing people do where the drive up really fast and slam on the brakes at the last second to scare you?

Friend of mine tried to do that. In an icy parking lot.

At the time I was getting into my car, so standing behind the open door. His bumper took the door, which flew into my face, knocking me backwards into the car.

Bent the trailing edge of my door, which never sealed right again, left a little mark on his bumper, and a bloody nose.

Darcsun

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »
Jesus. Darc, how the fuck did that happen?

Brick wall, backwards.  Wasn't really going that fast even.  AZ doesn't have sewers in most places, just washes.  I was changing lanes when I went over one.  Basically two big dips in a row.  The FRPP suspension bottomed out right as I was turning the wheel and it spun into a 180.  I crossed a couple lanes and hit a low brick wall.  Most of the damage was from the wall blowing apart over the car.
MBA, CFP, CRPC

Yea... also CEO and CCO, but you can buy those ones.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
Never been in one while driving, but I've been passenger in a couple decently bad ones. They don't really compare to what else has been posted here, but...

First one was less than a week after my dad bought the minivan. We were stopped, waiting to make a left turn into our drive way (a 2-lane road that has parking on either side - but my parent's house is in front of a fire station so there is no parking allowed) when a guy who was waving at his friends ran right into us at 35-40mph (that's IF he was doing the speed limit). My dad saw it coming and tried to get out of the way, but that van had no power and just couldn't get moving fast enough.

Second one happened not even 2 months later in my dad's old 1985 F150. We had just come off an exit ramp and traffic was backed up so that we were stopped just at the top of the ramp. Some drunk woman in an old 80's Mustang came hauling ass up the ramp, tried to hop the median but bounced off and hit us instead. Spun us around. The spare tire was found 2 blocks away, I guess it must have rolled, and the rear bumper slid into the intersection. It twisted the frame, pushed the box into the cab and shattered the back window, popped the rear right tire and pinched the exhaust shut. A frame machine, some well placed kicks, a new window, a hack saw and a new tire got the truck back on the road again.

This is the car that hit us.

Sentry

• I'm going nowhere fast...
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 11:47:49 AM »
Didn't know you crashed your 05, Darc

92 Aristo - Borg S366, QSV, AEM V2, 12 psi - 410whp 360ftlbs
84 SVO - FMIC, straight piped, chipped/tuned LB3, 15 psi - 202whp 238ftlbs