Author Topic: Tree Service contracted out by the Power Company  (Read 1806 times)

speedy_2

Tree Service contracted out by the Power Company
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »
They've been around here for awhile now clearing everything under or around powerlines.  I go home for lunch and their "Men Working" sign is at the front of my driveway.  I'm pretty far back in the woods.  But, it's not thick especially near the lines.  Now, we have the line coming across the front to a pole and then to the box on the house.  There is one tree in front that is pretty small and not a fast growing tree.  It's probably 5 or so feet from the line.  These guys bring in this....thing.  Not sure what it's called, but it's basically a huge circular saw on the end of a telescopic boom.  It also has tracks, not wheels.  And they're driving this thing through my front yard.  And again, this tree is small, no part of it is larger than an average guys wrist.  So I get home just after they have lopped about half this tree.  And the guy on the ground asks...in broken mexican english..."Is that ok what we cut."  I say, "Well, it doesn't matter now does it."

I'm not sure on the distances the power company needs or whatever but this is quite excessive.  They also crossed over my gravel drive with that thing and ran over a few other trees as well.  Looks like a tornado cut a few paths on my property.  Are they not required to ask or at least notify home owners before they go chopping trees up and driving across my yard with heavy machinery?  They also asked where my septic tank was....AFTER....they had been all over my yard.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
Re: Tree Service contracted out by the Power Company
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »
I am not sure of Florida laws..but when they did that where my mom lives in NY, they were required to fix property damage[driveways/yards] and buy a replacement tree.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 12:20:35 AM »
Get a plat and find out if there are utility easements on your property...if there are then yes they can do that.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

speedy_2

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »
Get a plat and find out if there are utility easements on your property...if there are then yes they can do that.

My dad has a plat book.  I'll check that out.