Author Topic: Ricer Trolls Exempt from 16a rule  (Read 4396 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Ricer Trolls Exempt from 16a rule
« on: October 04, 2010, 01:14:21 PM »
I completely understand the reason for rule 16a, but I feel that rule is in place to make this a happy home for regular users and to keep those who should know better in line.

HOWEVER, for the first time in a long time, we've gotten some true ricers to play with, coming in here to defend their piece of shit cars. It's like old times on A-R... except for the fact that their violation of rule 16a is getting them Thuder Dome'd before we have a chance to really have fun with them.. and that sort of stifles the whole spirit of A-R, ANTI-RICE.

May the mods/admins please entertain the idea of at least discussing the idea of making those members who have come here solely to defend their rice mobile be exempt from rule 16a so that we can really have old-school A-R rice flame wars?

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
Re: Ricer Trolls Exempt from 16a rule
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »
Great idea.  :P
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »
Great idea.  :P

Wasn't my idea, someone else mentioned it, I just made a thread about it :lol:

speedy_2

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »
makes sense.  Might as well ban a troll after 1 post if you're going to enforce 16a on them.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »
I am not thinking we are going to make separate rules it leads to too much gray area for people. The rules are the rules are the rules. Old time member or new troll..the rules WILL be the same.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:32 AM »
I am not thinking we are going to make separate rules it leads to too much gray area for people. The rules are the rules are the rules. Old time member or new troll..the rules WILL be the same.

I understand that, but I think putting a troll in the Thunderdome for 16a violations really hampers our fun.. That's what this board was created for originally, calling out ricers and fighting with them when they come here to defend themselves.

I don't mean to argue but I really think this should be open for discussion, if ricers are just thunderdome'd immediately, then we'd might as well not even bother calling them out in the first place, and then you start to wonder why bother even having a site called "anti-rice" if we're not going to be active.

At the very least... opening up Spy Photos and Flame Forum to the ricers if they're Thunderdome'd should be considered.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »
I still hold my stance that the rules are the rules. WE tried to make the free for all the one place to let loose, where the rules didn't apply. People can't seem to grasp that it is ONLY ok to let it go there and carry it over all over the board. Why would we make it acceptable other places when people already can't control themselves. Trolls are not above the rules, members are not above the rules and mods/admins are not above the rules. Why should we keep bending and overlooking them to make trolls feel more welcome, just so that you guys can make it noted they are not?
An example of this...we are having a gathering at our home, we clearly post our house rules "No shitting on our floors". We let in people we don't like, that don't agree with our views. While at our gathering, we bend the rules to let them shit on our floor? I don't think so. If people can't come here and defend their views with out tossing around racial and homophobic terms...then I personally don't want them here. If you can't have "fun" with them because they can't follow the rules, then too bad.
Although, I am not the only Administration here, if the others feel it should be more open for them, then we will vote on it. This is my stance on this so far.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »
Nick, as always, we, the administrators, reserve the right to change, suspend, or lift the rules.  If there's a troll that's been DH'ed, we CAN lift the rules as far as flaming before 100 posts.  The problem is they usually don't stay once they are DH'ed.

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
I understand the reasoning behind requesting it, but do you think it's fair for trolls to have less strict rules to abide by?  Doesn't make much sense.

Quote from: meatywand
Mr. Bagged Milk Maaaaahzda. :lol:

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
I understand the reasoning behind requesting it, but do you think it's fair for trolls to have less strict rules to abide by?  Doesn't make much sense.
This....why bend to accommodate them when they are only here to start shit..and yall get punished for the same shit?

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 06:27:16 PM »
^ That's what I was thinking.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 07:00:58 PM »
I'd personally be OK with that, I mean their only purpose here is to defend their car... so we get to play with them and once we're done, they get banned as has always happened on this site.

Dan

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
How about the thread gets bounced to Thunderdome once they start getting lippy/ignorant?
The kids get their play time and the bigotry is contained. :dunno:
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »
How about the thread gets bounced to Thunderdome once they start getting lippy/ignorant?
Bingo.
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »

FFA would be the place to bounce it to, not Thunderdome.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:30:23 PM »
FFA would be the place to bounce it to, not Thunderdome.

Well... this IS Thunderdome... a place for people to make their last stand...

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
Well... this IS Thunderdome... a place for people to make their last stand...

If they break 16a in there again they get banned.  You were just complaining about them getting bounced out of here too fast.