Author Topic: Is not huge epic crash, is failed emergency landing...  (Read 1563 times)

GooneyBird

Is not huge epic crash, is failed emergency landing...
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »
Today in the daily news; 'famous' (never heard of him) DJ crashes plane in America.

So I click the link to read the rest of the article, which made it sound as if there was a huge accident with lots of explosions and Bruce Willis yelling Yippykayay before the plane came down. At the bottom, a link to an American news item:

Said link

So.. he took off, lost power at about 4000 feet, and did an emergency landing in a nearby field, which failed, presumably because the left main strut struck something on landing and snapped off. I never thougth I'd say this, but Dutch News, take a hint from American News and stop over-inflating things. The plane has superficial damage, the airframe looks fine, no fire, no explosions and everyone walked away.

'98 Opel Astra 1.6 16V
'08 Kymco Dink 50

Maverick

• Beast Within
Re: Is not huge epic crash, is failed emergency landing...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
Crashes are a big deal. The FAA isn't very kind with their investigations, especially engine failure. Besides, the Dutch just don't have anything to talk about since the world cup...

.... mothafucka...

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.