Author Topic: 1 hour of parking in Amsterdam? 171 please.  (Read 1911 times)

GooneyBird

1 hour of parking in Amsterdam? 171 please.
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:54:17 AM »
sonovaSONOVA....

I just got mailed a parking ticket.

3 weeks ago I parked my car in Amsterdam, to pick something up. Parking in that region is 6 an hour (or about $8, with a minimum of 1 hour.....), so I fed the damn parking ticket machine, and parked curbside. As Amsterdam is an old city, this means you have to squeeze the car into a spot that's roughly the same size as a shoe box.... So I parked the Opel (not a big car, mind you) and went about my business.

Now I got mailed a parking ticket for parking in front of an exit. There was a photo included. My front wheels are ON the line of the No-Parking area, and the nose of the car sticks out about half a foot in front of that line. The actual exit is a few feet beyond the nose of the car. I had to park like this, because it was a small spot made even smaller by the HUGE tree right to the rear of the spot. (so I had to park a little more to the front or risk getting a branch through the rear window). Also included;
- a warning for parking outside the lines
- a warning for indecent parking
- a warning for parking in such a way that it impedes the flow of traffic.

So 1 ticket for 165 ($ 215) and 3 warnings......

Fucking commie parking attendants. Probably got raped during WW2 by German soldiers and now take it out on every single German car they run across. Fucking hell.

Oh, the best part? Since it was captured on photo, I can't contest the ticket. So pay up or have your stuff seized.

*is pissed off* :banghead:
'98 Opel Astra 1.6 16V
'08 Kymco Dink 50

speedy_2

Re: 1 hour of parking in Amsterdam? 171 please.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:21:35 AM »
Wow, that's harsh.  I'm betting the fine for actual "dangerous" violations are probably less. :lol:

GooneyBird

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »
Probably, yeah.

I know things like doing 10-20 kph over is somewhere around 70.
Next time I'll just park the thing in the middle of the road, warning flashers on, pop the hood pretend to have a breakdown or something. It seems cheaper that way.
'98 Opel Astra 1.6 16V
'08 Kymco Dink 50

Rammstein4Ever

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
Holy shit!  They ripped you a good one, I was pissed when I got a $20 ticket for no front plate while parked a few years ago.  :lol:

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:36:10 PM »
Jeez dude... Parking tickets are $10 here and the entire city is a parking nightmare during the school year  :lol: