Author Topic: So I looked at the Cherokee when I got it back..  (Read 114 times)

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
So I looked at the Cherokee when I got it back..
« on: August 04, 2019, 04:53:34 PM »
Whoever did the work on it was a miserable lout.  The radiator isn't bolted in.  It literally sits in the tray with the fan shrouds and the airbox holding it in place.  In addition, they had the wrong thermostat in it (180* as opposed to 195*.  Probably to hide the fact that they couldn't figure out the cooling issue).  They couldn't figure out why it was running hotter...turns out the electric fan wasn't turning on.  They blamed it on the mechanical clutch, which it wasn't.  Now I've got to do the fan clutch mod again.

They also didn't bother bolting the metal retaining tray back down fully and it vibrated a lot.  I mean, just horrible.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Re: So I looked at the Cherokee when I got it back..
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »
Yikes.. i must have missed, what were they doing to it? just trying to pin down the cooling issue or something else?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 05:01:37 AM »
Yikes.. i must have missed, what were they doing to it? just trying to pin down the cooling issue or something else?

Well, they said it needed a radiator because it was leaking, then they had to replace that a second time when they got a faulty one.  After that, they said it needed a water pump because it was leaking.  Then it needed replaced because it was faulty, too.  Then they told her the water pump would take a little longer, because they needed to weld a part on.  I see where nothing was welded on at.  I'm pretty sure they were ripping her off.

They tried telling her the first radiator wasn't the right one for the Jeep, but I did that one myself and knew it was the right one.  Everything lined up perfectly and it was bolted in.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:03:15 AM by Onyx Dragon »

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:32:37 AM »
Yeah they'd never get my business again. They're making up excuses.

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 01:09:30 AM »
Sounds like a shitty mechanic.  There's nothing worse than paying someone to fuck up your shit!
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?