Author Topic: 1987 Mustang LX  (Read 163 times)

ling427ttvette

1987 Mustang LX
« on: July 01, 2018, 09:24:30 PM »
Last year, I inherited a car that I've been riding in since pretty much the day I was born.

Its a little 2.3/5 speed and it's 100% stock besides my addition of a cd player, only due to the factory radio not working.

I need to get some interior pictures of it, it seems to be a strangely optioned car in my opinion.

The convertible top is power, it has power locks and mirrors, but manual windows. It is a factory non A/C car, I am thinking about changing that.

It has a grey leather interior as well, that is in very very good shape for it's age. This car was maintained very well by my Grandma, and always garage kept despite also being a daily. It has 173k miles on it, she wasn't afraid to drive it all over the country.

Only interior pic I have.

I havent had to do much to this car, it needed a new fuel pump, still needs a new sending unit, had to replace the EGR valve, its going to need a master cylinder, tires and probably need to go through the rest of the brakes. Also needs a little paint and body work, but nothing serious. But the car runs and drives absolutely great.

I have given the car one hell of a detail job, and the paint besides in a couple spots has cleaned up to be almost perfect. The interior cleans up very very well, and there's some small problems with the leather seats, but its to be expected.

The car is going to stay all original, I will eventually put a factory radio back in it. There's things I really want to change about it, but I'm going to leave it exactly as is because it's how it was when my Grandma had it, and all the memories that were made in it as well.

speedy_2

Re: 1987 Mustang LX
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
Cool.  Definitely an odd group of options.   By the way, try Tapatalk or use imgur for uploading images.   You'll thank me later.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
I'm sure that thing is a blast to drive with the 5-speed. Not fast but a fun cruiser.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD

87Warrior

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »
What an awesomely clean car!

ling427ttvette

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:17 PM »
It is definitely a fun little car to drive, it's a turd.. but the 5 speed helps it out a lot.

87, thanks! It cleans up pretty nice for a Ford haha!